Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Igula Igula
Someone accused you of trolling due to your avatar. You said your reason for it is because Kane is our greatest ever player.
But presumably this isn't a recent development. So why wasn't he your avatar any time last season?

Why now, when he wants to leave and has disrespected the club? And why next to his agent, whose clumsy attempts at getting leverage in negotiations has hurt the club?

See if you are going to be a troll, just own it. Instead it's just disingenuous.

I chose it now because of the backlash he is receiving and the unwarranted shit that some "fans" are giving him. I don't think he has disrespected the club at all. I don't think Charlie is the twat or snake that people claim they are.

If I want to troll I will let you know, I am open about my views here so no need to hide anything.

Meh

I didn't see any of that nonsense.

We got lucky City missed their multiple sitters and that Ederson didn't make an effort on Son's shot.

We got the 3 points and at the end of the day that is all that matters especially with how tight the table is likely to be but it was far from a solid performance from Spurs, outside of Japhet, and we saw tons of problems we will have going forward.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What I don't understand is how some of our so called fans on this forum and so keen to pour misery on a really good team performance.

Yes city could have scored more and at times had a good bit of possession but we had more good opportunities to score as well - this is football. Sometimes the best team wins, sometimes the team with the least possession wins, sometimes you take your chances, play well as a team and ride your luck a little. This is football, this happens and we have been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Not saying we are going to win the league with this but from where we were the end of last season with seemingly no passion, no plan, no desire - enjoy the performance today you miserable gits.

Fair play to all involved.

Haven't had much positive to say about the club for quite some time, but there was so much in today's performance that's been missing for a long, long time.

Let's hope it continues.

YIDS.

Why do so many posters always feel the need to provoke others after every great victory.

Surely we can all celebrate together. If only for one flipping night!

Let's enjoy the moment. Fighting and bickering is for another day or when we lose.
Some people are begging for it.

Some people spout shit on here all week long.

I've said it before many times, saying it again. We are a more dynamic, fluid and possibly better team without Kane. We looked immense today.

Can't wait to see Kane sold and bring in players that will help improve our team.
Super sub David Fairclough style role for Harry from now on.

The sky interview guy asking Son about what he thinks about the fans singing "Are you watching Harry Kane"

What sort of a question is that? Sky are scum.

I know these lads are media trained, but it's such a shame they don't come back saying "Go get some better questions" etc...... I'm sure the club would happily turn a blind eye.

Back
Top Bottom