Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've watched it five times so far ;)

I have to go back a few seasons to enjoy such a complete game that we have played as well when defending as we did in attack.

Late in the second half both Dele and Berj (who won the tackle) both rushed in to challenge a City player, and almost completely took the City player out.

Brilliant collective spirit and mentallity.

One swallow doesn't make a Summer, be Nuno has made a great start.

For the benefit of those that weren't at the stadium. Drink this in.

Absolute bliss. Music to my ears. Felt so good listening to this after so long.

Pre match:

After the goal :

I'm jealous of you lot who look at us in the South Stand! Wouldn't ever sit anywhere else mind you, but it must look glorious from elsewhere.

Stop pouting... It's not anti-Kane or "split personality" to big up yesterday's result for what it was... Just like the result isn't somehow more impressive if Kane plays.

What's Kane got to do with anything? You can "big up" yesterday's result as much as you like. It was a great win and a decent performance. But it was a great time to play City and I'm not going to crown Espirito Santo as the second coming of Jesus after one result. We got battered at the beginning of the game and on another day the game could have been over before it even began.

Foden, Walker and Stones don’t affect a game like KDB. I don’t think any of them three alter the win, KDB does

Foden effects plenty of games. But my point is more about the fact that City were missing a lot of players, which obviously helped our cause. It was a good win, a solid performance and a positive start.

E85f-NVWYAAPf8A
Bravo Sir :dembelelol:

What's Kane got to do with anything? You can "big up" yesterday's result as much as you like. It was a great win and a decent performance. But it was a great time to play City and I'm not going to crown Espirito Santo as the second coming of Jesus after one result. We got battered at the beginning of the game and on another day the game could have been over before it even began.

Off the back of my initial post you were straw-manning shit in about people (me?) being fickle so don't try and flip things - No-one's asking you to crown Nuno for anything.....

You just seem to be one of a handfull of people hellbent on playing down yesterdays performance/result with things like "what if KDB"....... You were already at it during the game; even before we got the result over the line.

Anyway; I've already said my part and have nothing further to add.

Off the back of my initial post you were straw-manning shit in about people (me?) being fickle so don't try and flip things - No-one's asking you to crown Nuno for anything.....

You just seem to be one of a handfull of people hellbent on playing down yesterdays performance/result with things like "what if KDB"....... You were already at it during the game; even before we got the result over the line.

Anyway; I've already said my part and have nothing further to add.

Well yeah, that's football. When teams are missing their best player then that generally makes them weaker, no? We saw the impact he had on the game when he came on late. And some of the people acting like we've already qualified for the Champions League after the game were the same one's saying after 15 minutes that we were utter tripe basically. So yes, people can be very fickle.

Well yeah, that's football. When teams are missing their best player then that generally makes them weaker, no? We saw the impact he had on the game when he came on late.

I already responded to you on this matter(*), but you saw fit not to reply. Please don't just bang the same drum at me all over again.....

(*Just in case you missed it here it is again: )

The reason it's BS is because you can always say "what if"....

What if Kane played.....? What is Romero was ready to go....? What if Steevie had buried his chance...?

What if Pep was right not to play him and KDB had started and pinged a hammy on the 15-minute mark....?

Fact is their starting XI was apparently the most expensive in EPL history....... We beat them with a team that even half our own fans had written off before even a ball was kicked.

Nothing should be allowed to detract from yesterday's win.... Especially not some form of faux-objectivity from one of own fans.

The hypocrisy to you going on and on about KDB is that most of the football world would say we were without OUR best player too. We didn't have OUR strongest XI on the pitch either and only a blinkered agenda would try and claim we have better depth than they do.

And some of the people acting like we've already qualified for the Champions League after the game were the same one's saying after 15 minutes that we were utter tripe basically. So yes, people can be very fickle.

A) You're being wildly hyperbolic.
B) Even if it wasn't that's nothing to do with me; nor the post of mine your were spring-boarding off of.

Last edited:
I don't want to upset you, but unless you've discussed gegenpressing with Jesus how do you know he even existed?

I already responded to you on this matter(*), but you saw fit not to reply. Please don't just bang the same drum at me all over again.....

(*Just in case you missed it here it is again: )

The hypocrisy to you going on and on about KDB is that most of the football world would say we were without OUR best player too. We didn't have OUR strongest XI on the pitch either and only a blinkered agenda would try and claim we have better depth than they do.

A) You're being wildly hyperbolic.
B) Even if it wasn't that's nothing to do with me; nor the post of mine your were spring-boarding off of.

Not according to some here. Son was always the better player apparently and Harry doesn't turn up in finals, big games, and he slows the game down for us too much... Blah blah.

Not according to some here. Son was always the better player apparently and Harry doesn't turn up in finals, big games, and he slows the game down for us too much... Blah blah.

Really; that's all you can muster in response?

Probably best move on, fella..... I've not interest in these tired Kane v Son fanboy-isms(*).... BUT thanks for proving me right all along:

You asked: "What's Kane got to do with anything?"

........Well, you answered your own question.

(*This shit is consuming you.... Shame cos you're normally a much more interesting poster than this.)

By the same token it was a good time to play spurs without Kane. After city tapped him up.
After all we are the Harry Kane team...pep said so

Back
Top Bottom