Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That is fucking brilliant. Love it.

I can imagine Poch having a little chuckle to that, too. Probably not on telly, though, he's a professional.

:pochlol:
Thank you :) It's always good to get recognition for ones creative genius. Since joining this place in April I've come to realise I love making up crap chants. It's my newest hobby.

Couple of things I've picked up on, and this is just my opinion on things.

1. Starting Son will send the wrong message to a lot of the squad. Lamela scored and assisted vs City, dropping him would dent his confidence and send a bad message to the squad. Lucas deserves a start in my opinion as well. Granted Son is one of our very best players, and we are a better team with him starting, but I don't think Poch is the sort of man to throw him straight back in.

2. I don't understand all these calls to drop Eriksen? He might want to leave, but we are still his employers and paying his wages. For as long as he's a Tottenham player, he should be playing. Again, we are a better team with him in the starting line up.

3. I reckon we'll see Alderweireld drop out of this one, and Vertonghen start alongside Sanchez so Toby gets a rest. Then potentially see Toby and Jan at the back vs Woolwich.

1. Starting Son will send the wrong message to a lot of the squad. Lamela scored and assisted vs City, dropping him would dent his confidence and send a bad message to the squad. Lucas deserves a start in my opinion as well. Granted Son is one of our very best players, and we are a better team with him starting, but I don't think Poch is the sort of man to throw him straight back in.

2. I don't understand all these calls to drop Eriksen? He might want to leave, but we are still his employers and paying his wages. For as long as he's a Tottenham player, he should be playing. Again, we are a better team with him in the starting line up.

3. I reckon we'll see Alderweireld drop out of this one, and Vertonghen start alongside Sanchez so Toby gets a rest. Then potentially see Toby and Jan at the back vs Woolwich.
Although I agree with your point out of all of those scenarios I think Poch would drop Eriksen, tuck Lamela inside and start Son if anything.

Wouldn’t exactly send the wrong message to anyone that way.

I agree with your Son point. Lucas has earned a start vs newcastle and if son goes in ahead of him he might start thinking it doesn't matter what i do people will always be picked ahead of me especially after the clf

I also think we might see dier in this one. The good thing that poch does is always make players feel involved and dier hasn't had any minutes yet and its not the worst game for him

Why does son have to play at the expense of Moura/lamela though? Play them all drop eriksen if anything.

Or drop lamela if push comes to shove even though it’s harsh. The most important thing to me is seeing Lucas, Son & Kane starting on the same pitch.

Last edited:
It's still early of course, but also encouraging to note which players have played nothing / next to nothing so far this season

Gazzaniga, Aurier, Davies, Foyth, Dier, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Skipp, Celso, Dele, Son, Sessegnon.

If the injury planets align along the opposite axis from last season, then we should be good to go eh!

Mike Dean in charge.

Let the fun commence.
38if7g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom