Tottenham v player thieving northern red monkeys

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhhh poor Van Gaal stonewall penalty for Kane turned down, Young saved from a red and both sides having even shots but they "lost 2 points."

So glad we didn't get that arrogant shitebag. Still, he did say that taking over us would have been the "easy option." In that respect I guess he must be commended for taking his pathetically bloated attack of World class forwards and attacking midfielders and being able to grind out a 0-0 against our mighty back 4 with it's centreback playing fullback.

Ahhhh poor Van Gaal stonewall penalty for Kane turned down, Young saved from a red and both sides having even shots but they "lost 2 points."

So glad we didn't get that arrogant shitebag. Still, he did say that taking over us would have been the "easy option." In that respect I guess he must be commended for taking his pathetically bloated attack of World class forwards and attacking midfielders and being able to grind out a 0-0 against our mighty back 4 with it's centreback playing fullback.
Having Van Gaal as manager would just feel like a march towards his retirement.

Pochettino represents something a little more project-y and exciting, in my opinion. Also he didn't require the £63 million signing of Di Maria or the vast wage bill of a crocked Falcao to improve the team...

Didn't see this as I'm in bed spewing into a basin. Fuck flu / Ebola.

Reading in here it was 40/60 in favour of them. Reading SSN, it was 3/97. Any particular high or low points?

Actually thought it was because of some hesitant play that Hugo had to make a great recovery. The RVP one in the first half was weird, he actually let RVP control a ball 4 yards out.

I think that's a bit harsh. He had to brace himself for a first time shot from Van Persie, when that didn't come he got to the ball as quick as humanly possible. Watch it again (in real time, not super slow motion) and ask yourself what more he could possibly have done.

Strange game completely dominated by Man United in the first half then completely dominated them in the second, how no one scored is beyond me.

Might need more experience in the centre but our fitness levels are great. If we can steal a point with the chavs I'll be happy.

Lloris is great and Kane has such class, also Davies is top notch.

Reading in here it was 40/60 in favour of them. Reading SSN, it was 3/97. Any particular high or low points?

High points - Kane gets better & better . Our fitness level is great

Low points - awful 1st half . I have a bad tummy & can't keep anything in

Having Van Gaal as manager would just feel like a march towards his retirement.

Pochettino represents something a little more project-y and exciting, in my opinion. Also he didn't require the £63 million signing of Di Maria or the vast wage bill of a crocked Falcao to improve the team...

£140 million in the summer for Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria and Blind as well as the Falcao money. But their improved form is down to him being better than Moyes.

We started well then gifted them the majority of the first half with the usual handful of clear cut chances. By the hour mark they were blowing out of their arses, we just lacked that clinical edge again to take advantage. For me the draw was more than a fair reflection.

High point for me was that apparently Kane has developed a Sheringham like 6th sense when it comes to passing

I thought Fazio absolutely bossed falcao the sook today. He's really growing into the premier league. I'll take a point but feel good that we had a sensational second half and could've easily pinched the three points

Agreed except he did make a couple of shockingly bad passes playing out from the back which were intercepted, on another day that could have been 2 goals against us. Overall though great performance. He's a beast in the air and Vertonghen compliments him well.

What's happened with Lennon? Not that Townsend had a bad game, but I thought we could've used the natural width especially with Chiriches on the right. The 3 United defenders and their formation could have been gotten at.

I read that as a massive compliment to us

Nah mate. He's been bitching up a storm all week about playing games so close to each other. Doesn't have to do with us in the way he was saying it. But realistically it is a compliment to us as we didn't look bothered whatsoever.

we were mullered for the first 20-25 minutes and they had a goal disallowed for offside. Our midfield was more porous than a colander and you felt it was just a Mata of time (thats Oscar Wilde stuff, right there) before they scored. Carrick played as a sweeper and kept Kane under wraps - but the boy played some really good lay offs and passes, keeping dying attacks alive.
In the second we got more control in the middle and started to make headway, leaving them on the rack by the end.
One world class through ball from Kane put Mason through, but onto his left peg. Should have been a goal
Possession was evenly split, as were shots at goal, they had one more on target than us.
lloris pulled off a worldy and a couple of other good stops, DeGea not quite so busy but stopped a goal bound free kick from Eriksen.
Draw a fair result in the end
good performances from lloris, Davies, JV, and Kane. Fazio had his best game in our shirt, marking Falcao, a man actually slower than Fazio himself (and fazio got a couple of stabs at goal as well)
Now shut up and die quietly please..........

Last edited:
It's a very fair point that the centre midfield wasn't supporting the defence enough, Stambouli wasn't really winning enough ball and his passing was a bit loose, got a lot better in the second half though.
Hearing this, I'm surprised we didn't conceed. I predicted that such a midfield would result in them getting plenty of chances to score. I also predicted Hugo would be important. What a goalie - that clip above is incredible.

I agree completely. It's about context. So, lets look at some quotes here shall we?

Considering so many people were shitting themselves I think a draw is fine. Leicester pressured us more, to be fair. Could easily have won this.

I wish people wouldn't put words in people's mouths. Suddenly me saying that my head said we'd lose (only part of what I said) = me shitting myself????? Bit ridiculous isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom