Tottenham v player thieving northern red monkeys

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what do you guys guess is the issue with Fazio?

He clearly is a good player and his attributes are on paper suited to the league.

Yet he is very poor, and even in games where he is average-to-good, he still makes shocking errors (Leicester goal one).

I mean, he must do something right to keep being picked over Vlad (who was good today) and over Dier, who has displayed some very good defending ever since joining.

Is Fazio already working good influince in the dressing room? Are Dier and Vlad complete retards in training? He must do something better since he keeps playing.

:pochfacepalm:

Did anyone notice how we seemed to be playing everything down the right.
This was either a tactic or the team noticed Chadli was having a shocker. It really felt like we were playing with ten men at times, luckily Davies made up for this but Poch should have substituted him far earlier. Chadli seems to be almost Adebayor like, in the fact he can go from world class to totally ineffective in the space of two games.

Oh i dunno, the press love a young Englishman to pin ridiculous amounts of hope on (look at Towsends "meteroic" rise last season) and Kane's name comes up every time they talk about Spurs on the telly / radio.

Mixed feelings about that, would have probably taken a point beforehand. Lol at Utds toothless "front line", supposedly 3 of the best forwards in the world. Falcao looked well worth his £265,000 a week when players like Mahrez and Puncheon have looked far more dangerous against us recently.
Dunno about the press, other than a cheeky page 3 I don't read the papers. Normally rely on bbc for news stuff.

For sure his name comes up, but he still gets flak for lack of pace, only performing against lesser teams, looking clumsy on the ball.

He didn't score but I thought he had a good game and reflecting on the lad I struggle to find anything negative. His play on the field, his atitutde, tweets, interviews, workrate, goalkeeping lol. And hopefully he'll only get better.

Every now and then a team gets a player that a club loves, that can inspire those around him. You can almost see the club emblem tattood on their forearm. A player like Le Tissier for Southampton or King for us.
I hope so deeply that this lad has a great career, doesn't let it get to his head, stays with us, remains a good egg, keeps working hard and inspires all the youngsters we have in the academy.

As for Townsend, did he really have a meteoric rise? Maybe his profile went up while on loan and a lack of choices in the England team helped. I think he's starting to get better, but the lad has a way to go and I hope he does it

Spurs' conditioning is unbelievable. Their constant running and harrying had United so frustrated.

Anyone who still thinks that Poch hasn't brought a positive culture change to the team should have been swooned by this game... 2nd in 48 hours, undoubtedly tired but still looked like completely overrunning United in the second half. I really, really hope Levy gives this guy a real chance... given a few more years, he's going to be a winner.

Totally agree.

For the first time in two years, I feel like I recognise our team, and have become familiar with what I can expect from the players, and how we will approach the game.

Even new signings like Fazio and Davis, and new to the team like Mason feel like household names.

It really feels like a work in progress, instead of a load of individuals without a clue.

Nah mate. He's been bitching up a storm all week about playing games so close to each other. Doesn't have to do with us in the way he was saying it. But realistically it is a compliment to us as we didn't look bothered whatsoever.

I don't get the bitching from LVG. Everyone is playing these games... No one has an advantage.

Because everyone seemed to love my last Young gif...

LiveMadIchneumonfly.gif

Considering that ridiculous line up, I think 0-0 is a brilliant result. In fact it's a superb result.

If potch had actually thought about the right team selection, they were there to be raped today.

Does make you wonder about those rumours...Ade, Lennon and Kaboul....all seem finished

Btw do you have any idea where those rumours originally came from? I have seen and heard them different places of late, but can't quite work out from where originally.

They do make sense in the light of how things have developed.

Everybody has sumed it up today, one way or another. I would just like to add....We have the Babadook on our side, he is our 13th man?
There is some supernatural thing going on at WHL , how did they failed to score, we will never know?

Btw do you have any idea where those rumours originally came from? I have seen and heard them different places of late, but can't quite work out from where originally.

They do make sense in the light of how things have developed.

No idea other than twitter....which always casts some doubt, but events appear to be speaking

Back
Top Bottom