Tottenham v player thieving northern red monkeys

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back home, funny really since most of the Utd fans at WHL will have been in for a couple,of hours I suppose. I am amazed that, although we have a different centre midfielder for every day of the week, that is where we are lacking at the moment. Today we were murdered for possession by Juan Mata. Our inability to win and retain the ball in front of the back four means we are defending waves of attacks for long spells and we don't have the time to build attacks of our own. Really, I love the idea of home-grown talent too, but we have to be honest, the Emperor is running stark bollock naked down the High Road. Ryan Mason is not even average. He is not good enough to play every week in in a top 6 Premiership side. He gives the ball away, points for others to cover rather than tracking himself and wasted our best two chances today. There, I said it.
You stress your opinion well but I must disagree regarding Mason. He is a good player, he may miss chances but at least he gets there. He has the will and energy and the know how, he just needs experience (games),

So glad with hindsight we didn't get that wanker Van Gaal. He is one annoying cunt to listen to in interview now he's on TV every week. I used to think he was straight talking bloke who made me laugh when he went off on one. But now?:paulinhofacepalm::avbfu:

I was a bit sceptical about Kane last season but he's really developing in to a class player for us. He just seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully loyalty/a massive contract will mean he won't move on the first chance he gets because he has the making of a Spurs legend.

My main worry is in goal because I can't see Lloris staying with us another season and I don't know where we'll get another keeper of that quality. He really saved our bacon today and could walk in to pretty much any Champions League-level team. Fifth to seventh is probably our natural level and a player like Lloris could be in a team regularly winning trophies.

I was a bit sceptical about Kane last season but he's really developing in to a class player for us. He just seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully loyalty/a massive contract will mean he won't move on the first chance he gets because he has the making of a Spurs legend.

My main worry is in goal because I can't see Lloris staying with us another season and I don't know where we'll get another keeper of that quality. He really saved our bacon today and could walk in to pretty much any Champions League-level team. Fifth to seventh is probably our natural level and a player like Lloris could be in a team regularly winning trophies.
Harry Kane is a bit of a goalie too you know...

Obviously hope Lloris stays, but agree with you that there's a good chance he'll be off. Vorm is a quality keeper though and even in our great misfortune of losing Lloris, if it happens, we'll be very fortunate in already having someone like Vorm ready to stand in.

(but yeah you're right, we won't get another Lloris easily)

But thats only a 45 minute review.

Neither Mata or Rooney touched the ball in the second half, and we pressed and won everything.

Its a work in progress, but no way can you dismiss our midfield for half of a game.

I was there and boys own stuff talking crap benji and Mason were class second half and Man U created nothing we wanted it more and out battled them, mata and rooney anonymous

Lloris' saves are incredible, and there are few people I would prefer between the sticks, but you have to admit that he's accuracy when feeding us the ball forward is far from outstanding.

I speak only the truth.
So, what was your excuse for last season at yours and then back at ours and the season before that at yours and ours.
You ain't beaten us for a while mate and you I really wish all those players you listed were playing as we'd have wiped the floor with you. It's only since LVG has been playing players that were there before he got there that you have started showing some form. Moyes's signing, that LVG dropped, was your best player today.
Besides, in December you have been playing every 6 days ( as no European football) this is the first time you have had to play 2 games in close proximity, and you whinge and fucking moan about being tired?
We have played on the 3, 6, 11, 14, 17, 20, 26 and 28th. Virtually playing a game every 3 days.
With all that money you've spent and no European commitments you really should be doing much better. It's not surprising to see you where you are, you're the Liverpool of last season, who along with Everton, are finding it tougher this season.
If you would have had European football I doubt you'd be where you are if you squad are fucked playing every 6 days in December bar the xmas period. No time on the training ground, more fatigue, more injuries, playing 6 matches in 17 days and travelling........ like we did.
So, when you put it into perspective, there are 5 points between a team with a new unproven manager/staff , who has spent nothing, who's trying to get the best out of players classed as 'shit ' and are still in all four competitions( and have played 30 competitive games since August) to one that has hired one of 'the best managers in the world' spent £145m gross on 'the best players in the world', has played less matches -20 games since August, have been knocked out of the COC and can still afford to buy more players to bail them out in Jan, then it's not that bad for us is it?

Face it, goals win games and you never scored them. Simple.
You could say some teams would have murdered you this season if it wasn't for bad finishing and De Gea. So, when it happens to be your team that misses chances and the oppo keeper plays a blinder don't make excuses.

So, what was your excuse for last season at yours and then back at ours and the season before that at yours and ours.
You ain't beaten us for a while mate and you I really wish all those players you listed were playing as we'd have wiped the floor with you. It's only since LVG has been playing players that were there before he got there that you have started showing some form. Moyes's signing, that LVG dropped, was your best player today.
Besides, in December you have been playing every 6 days ( as no European football) this is the first time you have had to play 2 games in close proximity, and you whinge and fucking moan about being tired?
We have played on the 3, 6, 11, 14, 17, 20, 26 and 28th. Virtually playing a game every 3 days.
With all that money you've spent and no European commitments you really should be doing much better. It's not surprising to see you where you are, you're the Liverpool of last season, who along with Everton, are finding it tougher this season.
If you would have had European football I doubt you'd be where you are if you squad are fucked playing every 6 days in December bar the xmas period. No time on the training ground, more fatigue, more injuries, playing 6 matches in 17 days and travelling........ like we did.
So, when you put it into perspective, there are 5 points between a team with a new unproven manager/staff , who has spent nothing, who's trying to get the best out of players classed as 'shit ' and are still in all four competitions( and have played 30 competitive games since August) to one that has hired one of 'the best managers in the world' spent £145m gross on 'the best players in the world', has played less matches -20 games since August, have been knocked out of the COC and can still afford to buy more players to bail them out in Jan, then it's not that bad for us is it?

You could say some teams would have murdered you this season if it wasn't for bad finishing and De Gea. So, when it happens to be your team that misses chances and the oppo keeper plays a blinder don't make excuses.
You tell him mate. Top post.

Great post mate but in my experience of talking football with man Utd fans especially in the south are they will never except they are rubbish and not true supporters.
Where is the mouthy shit now?

Thought we didn't have a great first half in terms of creating and possession, and definitely improved in the second. Can't say I enjoyed it very much, as I was far too tense all game. Fazio had a terrific game, Harry and Ryan didn't stop running and Eriksen upped his game in the second half. Although we may have had a touch of good fortune, it was a hard fought point and we never gave up. Disappointed that we didn't pressurise their defenders a bit more, as they were there for the taking. Just glad that RVP didn't get on the score sheet, as he normally does against us. Rooney is just a moaner and if he was anyone else, he would have been booked for dissent. With the way other results went, a win would have been great, but suppose would have settled for a point before the game.

Back
Top Bottom