Tottenham v player thieving northern red monkeys

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Van Gaal is one huge prick. Moaning about 2 games in a few days. How many games we had in December alone ? I did not see our coach moaning, but I did see Tottenham being fitter and more likely as the game went on. Stats are stats and we had as many chances to score as they did & the way they resorted to drag backs, hacks and blatant cheating in the second half says a lot about how well their 150 million has been invested.

I assume Match of the Day will ensure a highlights package that favours them so they can match Van Gaal's narrative and get all jizzy over his ridiculous head and Harry Enfield voice, at the expense of showing Spurs matching them, which is the real truth.

How can you say we play better without our new players when they're not fit? idiot
I speak only the truth.

He has had no option to play who he's playing. On the 2nd of Nov, after 10 games, we were above you by 1 point. So, in the last 9 games you have gone clear 5 points.
Rojo started in 3 of those, Herrera a couple Di Maria 2 none of his signings started v Villa, Falcao was the only one to start v Newcastle and lasted 60 mins and he started again today.
My point is the last 9 games the new signings haven't started/featured much. The last 9 games have seen you move from 10th to 3rd.

Anyway, you must be about 12, have never been to Manchester, let alone OT. It's clear you know nothing about football. So, this is the last time I'm going to bother with you.
For you to call me an idiot is rather hilarious when it's you trolling about the ineptness of your world class players to finish and not last 90 mins.
See, with you lot when teams wipe the floor with you, De Gea saves your bacon and you score with the limited chances you have it's bad finishing by the opposition, clinal finishing by you and world class goalkeeping by Grinch.
However, when it's vice versa flakes like you appear.

Have a good night.

I was a bit sceptical about Kane last season but he's really developing in to a class player for us. He just seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully loyalty/a massive contract will mean he won't move on the first chance he gets because he has the making of a Spurs legend.

My main worry is in goal because I can't see Lloris staying with us another season and I don't know where we'll get another keeper of that quality. He really saved our bacon today and could walk in to pretty much any Champions League-level team. Fifth to seventh is probably our natural level and a player like Lloris could be in a team regularly winning trophies.
Vorm. (I agree with what you have started)

I was a bit sceptical about Kane last season but he's really developing in to a class player for us. He just seems to be getting better and better. Hopefully loyalty/a massive contract will mean he won't move on the first chance he gets because he has the making of a Spurs legend.

My main worry is in goal because I can't see Lloris staying with us another season and I don't know where we'll get another keeper of that quality. He really saved our bacon today and could walk in to pretty much any Champions League-level team. Fifth to seventh is probably our natural level and a player like Lloris could be in a team regularly winning trophies.
Just maybe there is a thing called club and teammate loyalty making a comeback: I hope so, because when we do win something major it will be something special to be a part of that team.

Game of two halves , think a draw was a fair result, if it weren't for Hugo in the first half then we could of easily been 3 or 4 down at half time , second half thought we we're the better team, Fazio had his best game in a Spurs shirt today but I'm still not keen on him

Mmm, possibly so - we got better as they tired. But Mason really didn't, he had a poor game today and actually out of the last 4 or 5 games it was only against Burnley that he played at all well. Maybe it has all happened a bit quick for him. I am sure he has a role to play in the squad but fear his confidence will be knocked by days like today. It is frustrating because we have a system emerging and the back four are looking more solid, but from all the possible combinations of CM pairs can't seem to find one that works.
Mason was fine today...
Positioning was good all game, missed the chance and gave away a silly ball from the free kick.

if it weren't for Hugo in the first half then we could of easily been 3 or 4 down at half time

Sorry to picky...but if people are going to use this analogy, can we please use the same one up the other end.

If Townsends first half shot wasnt saved, and if Kane got on the end of those two crosses, then it could have been 3-3, or 4-3 to them at half time.

Whats the difference? They missed, and we missed.

Sorry to picky...but if people are going to use this analogy, can we please use the same one up the other end.

If Townsends first half shot wasnt saved, and if Kane got on the end of those two crosses, then it could have been 3-3, or 4-3 to them at half time.

Whats the difference? They missed, and we missed.
Seeing as Kane didn't get on the end of two crosses means that De Gea didn't have a save to make? There's no denying it United dominated the first half and we we're lucky to get in at half time 0-0 , Hugo getting man of the match suggests that he kept us in the game

I see a Man Utd "fan" trolled this thread, I daren't go back through and look.

Thought the second half performance showed we can mince it with the better teams in this league. With their run of form, we'd have lost that by a couple of goals last season in a rather spineless manner, whilst creating very little. Great to see us come out after the break and show we DO have a plan B and we can change it up, and dominate. What a relief to see us putting a team under pressure for the last 10/15 minutes, going for the win.

If we beat Chelsea, or at least put up a fight for 90 minutes, that'll show we've made great strides over the past 6 months.

Seeing as Kane didn't get on the end of two crosses means that De Gea didn't have a save to make? There's no denying it United dominated the first half and we we're lucky to get in at half time 0-0 , Hugo getting man of the match suggests that he kept us in the game

I agree they dominated the first half, but they didnt score. Utd hit the post, so Hugo didnt have to make a save there either but I bet you count that as a near miss...?

They scored an offside goal...is that also lucky?

Falcao and RVP missed a one on one each, and Hugo made a worldie from Young.

I really dont see the big fuss about how lucky we were first half.

As I said, its all if if if....IF Kane got on the end we could have gone 2-0 up......

IF Mason scored second half, we would have won. Why is no one calling Utd lucky to get a point?

hugo getting man of the match was because of that ex-manc twat michael 'fucking boring' owen voted him so. he did keep us in the game yes, but i wouldn't say he was 'clear man of the match'. more like...the only standout from a largely ineffectual bunch.

i thought that was fazio's best performance for us too.

Been backing Fazio for weeks even when he was shaky, he lifted Europa in May and we all know you can't be shit and do that, he is someone Jan seems to look at and respect instead of disdain he usually shows his partners

I was there and Van Persie and Falcao kicked and elbowed Faz and Jan loads and they stood firm, they will get better and better and Davies / Walker will only help them

Onwards and upwards, As Poch said - Train, Train, Train and eliminate the cunts from the club

Oh and Davis.....he is a proper left back. Very good player.
Not being picky, but seen you call him Davis a few times. It's Davies. :adethumbup:

Does make you wonder about those rumours...Ade, Lennon and Kaboul....all seem finished
I don't think the squad would be much weaker without them to be honest. Certainly none are irreplaceable, and I imagine those wages off the books would free up a fair ol' lump of cash.

Back
Top Bottom