Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch needs to get them going now. The issue is we don't have a plan B from the bench.

Of course we do.

Sanchez on and we go 3 at the back or we get Winks on instead of Dier and look to play the ball forward incisively.

Still don't see the need of a defensive midfielder in games like this.

qh14c.gif

I find it unfathomable that people can't see the limitations of our squad in that we need and should already have options.

Burnley have sat back as is their right and said come on then. In many respects it is games like this where you need Janseen alongside Kane to give Burmley more to think about.

3 months seems like years at present.

Last edited:
We can expect this at Wembley this year, the likes of Burnley will park the bus, and look for something on the counter.
We've been very pedestrian though this half.
If every team from Chelsea downwards is going to park the bus it might suit us to practice corners - at this rate our first chance of actual football will be when Real Madrid show up.

Hope the players don't give up as easily of some of the fans whinging and moaning. We have to accept that, now we're at the level we are, teams are going to work very hard on defending and we have to be patient. COYS.

Of course we do.

Sanchez on and we go 3 at the back.
We cant play 3 at the back now because Davies does not overlap 95% of the time and Trippier doesn't about 75% of the time. If we complete the Aurier deal then yes maybe (especially with Rose coming back) but as of right now there's no point. Thats probably why poch went 4 at the back today.

So only attack counts......?

Weird. What if there CBs get a knock then? Or CMs....? What it doesnt count?

People want back up as good as first choice.....then they want 3rd choice as good as first choice to cover injuries.

Its fucking childish....people think we should have 3 Eriksens for every position now

Have to LOL at you bigging up Solanke, Christianssen and Sturridge etc....fuck me
Bit late but obviously watching the first half. When the fuck did I say that attack was all that counts? I said 'particularly in attack', and I was saying their benches are better than ours, not saying Christensen is fucking Beckenbauer, although I put him there as he was in their top 3 players on the bench, and I think he was very good against us. Solanke I will give you, but Sturridge? If I had the option of who I wanted on the bench Sturridge or Janssen it is a no contest. Surely you're not saying Janssen is better than Sturridge. And I don't want them as good as our first choice, I just want them capable to play at a Premier League level, and when the likes of Leicester are able to have Iheanacho on the bench I think that is completely reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom