Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We cant play 3 at the back now because Davies does not overlap 95% of the time and Trippier doesn't about 75% of the time. If we complete the Aurier deal then yes maybe (especially with Rose coming back) but as if right now there's no point. Thats probably why poch went 4 at the back today.

We'll see

Really hope Poch changes something immediately at HT. Back 3 maybe, Sanchez on? Oakley Booth? Anything to give us a different look.

Poch is never one to make half time changes unless we are getting tonked or an injury. He's going to wait till the 65th or 70th min to do anything. That's one of the only criticisms I have of Poch is he is so slow to respond to bad performances.

This. Burnley are a very defensively minded team. This has nothing to do with Wembley. They were the same at the Lane and at Turf Moor

Some people seem to forget that Burnley beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago.

A place we haven't won in 30 years.

Gooner cunts losing 2:0 and getting destroyed. Mane with his 3rd for the season - first class of a player - the type of signing we've been missing in this quality team

My Half time knee jerk:

Eriksen and Dele....another game, another pedestrian load of crap.
200M the pair? Bite your hand off....this is not creative attacking midfield play. Its crap. Its the level of Palace.
Son is on braindead mode, but at least he's fucking running

Wing play non existent. No one going down the flanks.

Tip tap tip tap, sideways and backwards, all cramped in the middle.

To do is to pass for no reason.....ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fuck Wembley, its shit, and another bent fat cunt ref.

The bright side. Lloris is getting the ball out really quick. Hoo fucking ray

I dont think the players are the problem. They are just not click enough now. The passes are not incisive. And the stadium is just wooow. I am from far away so i dont know nothing about stadium effect, but this is just pure shit, i am actually bored.

And we really really need a set piece taker, or Lamela please come back. We are 30 mins away from desperation unless ONE player drag us into inspiration, or ONE opposition fucked up.

Thing is maybe we have an average season at Wembley and we come 5 or 6 but this young squad of players needs to learn to play on big pitches in modern bowl type stadiums.

We did great at White Hart Lane last season but it's a comfort zone, if we can learn to conquer Wembley then going forward in the following seasons we can win things.

We will get our atmosphere back next season when we are back in a stadium with seats close to the pitch, let's just accept this might be a harder year.

Poch is never one to make half time changes unless we are getting tonked or an injury. He's going to wait till the 65th or 70th min to do anything. That's one of the only criticisms I have of Poch is he is so slow to respond to bad performances.
I should think this is pretty much exactly what he prepared for. Burnley were always going to do this. We are not done with Plan A yet.

OUR WINGBACKS/FULLBACKS DON'T OVERLAP.
Because we can't? Or tactically, because we aren't? I'm pretty sure our FBs know how and did it plenty last season, and in the final third you don't need overwhelming speed to overlap a static defender. I think this match is more how we are setup and how Burnley is countering.

Yes, I think having a pacey wing player will help the squad improve, but that's not why we are struggling, or at least not the only reason why.

Then again, we've struggled to break down well drilled sides the past two seasons. There needs to be more interplay between Eriksen, Dele, Son and Kane. Dembele also needs to be further forward.

Let's see what Poch does when the 60th minute rolls around.

Back
Top Bottom