Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So to answer. I was way more satisfied with the Liverpool performance than the Man City one, although in the very short term the Man City one provided more successful.
However you pick one game where it was successful against a top club, I can point to many where it wasn't against much weaker teams than us.
You do not need to sit back and hope not to concede to beat the vast majority of teams in the League, not with the squad we have. You should not have to rely on our forwards to significantly outperform XG for the vast majority of the season to give us a chance.

Mourinho currently has the worst win rate of any manager we have had since Ramos, this is totally down to his negative tactics. The sum of the parts is so far down on the individual components.
And to put up with statistically our worst performing manager since Ramos, we are having to put up with the worst brand of football in living memory. The only manager comparable was the 8 games Santini had which were this mind-numbing.

Selectively picking out 1 game, when there are significantly more that totally counter your argument is somewhere between ridiculous and laughable.

I honestly don't think you even believe what you are writing most of the time, but are doing it for shits and giggles, because it is defending the indefensible.

If you play this brand of football you have to win, end of story. Anything else the fans will turn on the manager. His only hope is that Covid continues for a lot longer, because it would be very toxic at the ground if fans were present.

I will say it, a League Cup win will not suffice, it would not be enough reward for having to put up with the last 14 months. I want him gone, and be able to go back to actually enjoying the game.

If you offered me now, A League Cup win and 6th with Mourinho staying, or no League Cup and Mourinho gone and replaced with a progressive manager, I would take the latter.
Jose's first 65 games...
P65 W34(52.3%) D17(26.2%) L14(21.5%)
GF131 GA79 CS18

Poch's last 65 games...
P65 W33(50.8%) D10(15.4%) L22(33.8%)
GF122 GA88 CS21

Context helps for statistics, additionally one of them has only been around for about 14 months while the other had 5 years to work with the players.

Also we only had 1 clean sheet in the league in Poch's last season (12 matches), in Jose's most recent dozen league games we have clean sheets in half of them.

Also we're in a Cup final and still in with a shout in 4 competitions...during a season rife with cunting VAR and Coronavirus.

Players usually don't like losing btw...even if they play lovely fucking football that's really nice to watch.

Jose's first 65 games...
P65 W34(52.3%) D17(26.2%) L14(21.5%)
GF131 GA79 CS18

Poch's last 65 games...
P65 W33(50.8%) D10(15.4%) L22(33.8%)
GF122 GA88 CS21

Context helps for statistics, additionally one of them has only been around for about 14 months while the other had 5 years to work with the players.

Also we only had 1 clean sheet in the league in Poch's last season (12 matches), in Jose's most recent dozen league games we have clean sheets in half of them.

Also we're in a Cup final and still in with a shout in 4 competitions...during a season rife with cunting VAR and Coronavirus.

Players usually don't like losing btw...even if they play lovely fucking football that's really nice to watch.

Context for you is where 25% of Mourinho's games have been in Europa League and against the likes of Marine.
Yeah real context.

The only worthwhile is win% in league (you know the competition where opponents are of similar standard year on year)

If you just want to compare Jose v Poch

Win% Jose 48.8% Poch 55.9% PPG Jose 1.74 Poch 1.89 Goals Scored Poch 1.85 Jose 1.70
Goals Conceded Poch 1.02 Jose 1.07, so bringing up the managers you brought into conversation in comparison Poch outscores Jose in every category.

But AVB, Sherwood and Redknapp all better Jose's record also so no surprise Poch does.

Last edited:
Points per match over entire Tottenham tenures...
Jose 1.85 PPM
Poch 1.84 PPM
:mourear:
I do love a good statistic.

No Jose 1.74 Poch 1.89 in League actually.
Even if you award points for cup matches (for which significantly skew things in Jose's favour due to quality of opposition) it is Poch 1.86 Mourinho 1.81

Don't know why you are making lies up, which can easily be checked

I literally talked about the League you dullard, did you miss Pochettino going out of the Cup against fucking Colchester btw?

65 games is 65 fucking games, for both of them.

Mourinho has only had 43 league games, not 65. What fucking planet are you on ?

Of course you are, and have to, to even get the numbers even close include games against the Albanians. Slovenians, Bulgarians, Israelis, Austrians etc, but even then Jose still ends up with a worse record, unless you do what you have done and lied about it, to try and make a point, and failed.

But carry on just making things up.

And games lost in League as you have just brought that up Jose 23.3% Poch 22.8%. However Jose does have many more drawn games than Poch (I will give you that one)

So to clarity

Poch better win record, better defeat record, better goals scored record, better goals conceded record, better points per game record (equating to 5.5 Points per season)

But carry on living in your alternative universe, where you just make stuff up

Last edited:
Mourinho has only had 43 league games, not 65. What fucking planet are you on ?
Fuck me, are you doped up? Every fucking competitive match over their tenure. Including cups, sees Mourinho losing less.

The point was about you using statistics over an entire tenure, it went to shit under Poch, that's why he got fucked off.

Over their entire time at the club, Mourinho has lost less games he's been in charge of. Is that clear enough for you? Can you understand why comparing the last 65 games of Pochettino might be more relevant?

Worst win percentage, fuck off man, took charge half way through a season with a jaded team and a load of changes and some absolute rot to work with. Lol tbh.

Don't know why you are making lies up, which can easily be checked
Whoops.jpg

🤔

Worst win percentage, fuck off man, took charge half way through a season with a jaded team and a load of changes and some absolute rot to work with. Lol tbh.
You fuck off. Jose blagged himself £15m a fucking year cos he blagged having an epic new philosophy and trolling Levy into believing he could do more with this squad.
He failed to get top 4. Got us knocked out of every cup. Failure.
Corona saved his ass and we managed to scrape Europa.
This season started AWFUL. It was so bad that Kane looked pissed off. We looked so bad under Jose that he made the tight cunt back him LOL. We've brought in like 8 or 9 players since Jose came. We still play shit.

Poch gets teams outperforming resources. Jose is a chequebook manager who gets teams often under performing their resources. Comparisons are a laugh.

Fuck me, are you doped up? Every fucking competitive match over their tenure. Including cups, sees Mourinho losing less.

The point was about you using statistics over an entire tenure, it went to shit under Poch, that's why he got fucked off.

Over their entire time at the club, Mourinho has lost less games he's been in charge of. Is that clear enough for you? Can you understand why comparing the last 65 games of Pochettino might be more relevant?

So you previously said "I am talking about the league you dullard".
And now admit you were not, so just another lie then, to go with every statistic you made up earlier and every one of them got shown up for what they were.

Of course Mourinho has lost less games than he has been in charge of, I will give you that one, he has not lost every game (although it feels like he has, with the way he plays)

So now it looks like you might be conceding that you made it all up, but want to bring the tools he had to work with into the equation.

So those tools would be the same team Poch had to work with, that 5 months previously were in a Champions League Final, which Jose has added extensively to, much more than his predecessor was ever allowed to.

Just a tip for you.
Don't make lies up which can easily be checked if they are based on facts rather than opinions, because it will backfire on you, and show you up for bullshitting, no lieing.

If you read what I posted, I clarified their last 12 league games each and the amount of clean sheets. Did I say only League when I first posted the statistics as a reply to your essay that harps on about them? Nope.

Our league form was what got him sacked ffs. Talking about win % when a new manager has came in after someone's been there for 5 years. Laughable.

And yet Sonny's finishing was anything but impressive last night, as he would be the first to admit
Which is natural and expected as it means he's reverting to a more normal conversion rate.

That's the point. It's unsustainable to rely on being so clinical.

If we played more attacking and made more chances Son could get even more goals and we could afford for him to have a conversion rate closer to a mortal.

Which is natural and expected as it means he's reverting to a more normal conversion rate.

That's the point. It's unsustainable to rely on being so clinical.

If we played more attacking and made more chances Son could get even more goals and we could afford for him to have a conversion rate closer to a mortal.

Compare with top scorer in the league to date. A fair comparison?? One of the best in the league? Also one of the most clinical in terms of big chances missed. Mo Salah.

Salah 13 goals v Son 11.

Penalty goals 5 v 0
Shots 54 v 32
On target 26 v 19
Accuracy 49% v 58%
hit woodwork 1 v 3
big chances missed 5 v 8

Assists 3 v 5
Big chances created 5 v 5.

Anazing people are digging out Son isn’t it??? 32 shots and 11 goals and been literally cms from another 3 goals. And he’s still assisting too. Decent return from him this season.

(Harry has actually had nearly twice as many shots as well. Not sure how they compare for shots from outside the area.)

Here are some of the managers with a better win percentage than Bill Nicholson.

Mourinho
Pochettino
Sherwood
AVB
Redknapp

Stats are lovely.

Compare with top scorer in the league to date. A fair comparison?? One of the best in the league? Also one of the most clinical in terms of big chances missed. Mo Salah.

Salah 13 goals v Son 11.

Penalty goals 5 v 0
Shots 54 v 32
On target 26 v 19
Accuracy 49% v 58%
hit woodwork 1 v 3
big chances missed 5 v 8

Assists 3 v 5
Big chances created 5 v 5.

Anazing people are digging out Son isn’t it??? 32 shots and 11 goals and been literally cms from another 3 goals. And he’s still assisting too. Decent return from him this season.

(Harry has actually had nearly twice as many shots as well. Not sure how they compare for shots from outside the area.)

I don't think it is amazing at all.

It is like the Trump effect. Everything was fake news, never his fault, everyone else was to blame

In our case it is Mourinho. Some people set in their views. Everything good is down to him , every bad is the players fault. Apparently every player we have should have the best XG rate in the world (which Son basically did have for part of season, which is why our results were outperforming our performances) , and our defence the best XGA in the world.
I have even seen it explained that it is right to take 1-0 lead and then just try and defend for the rest of game, because winning 2-0 is a mistake, because it shows that by getting a second goal you didn't trust your defence to keep a clean sheet. Lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Back
Top Bottom