Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reguilon missed due to formation, cool
Statistically any player scores less than the chances they're involved in...tactics are irrelevant to that...look at sissoko in the penalty area against Fulham: no way did tactics suggest he would end up there but tactics change the game and Jose didn't do anything when we could all see how it was gonna end.

From what I see on this forum, if Jose hooks someone, he gets sh*t on. If he doesn’t hook someone, he gets sh*t on. Subs early, he’s unreasonable towards that player and not giving the player enough time on the pitch. Subs too late, it’s his fault, he should have subbed the player sooner.

I think we are truly a few players away from a good challenging team.

Our CB options are still really poor for a top challenging side. Midfield wise, we have Sissoko, Winks, PEH to choose from.

Creative midfielder, we have Tanguy that is just now getting to fitness to last the entire game. His contributions are excellent but still not consistent throughout the 90 mins.

Our main front two have been less clinical compared to earlier in the season. Our others have been contributing but not at the level we need them to when it comes to scoring. We’ve had enough chances to put games away.

we might win a league cup or two but you cannot say that he isnt costing us points in games we should finish off. things happen to concede but if you score 2-3 then its not really going to (excluding west ham game). A few players might help but he will always play like this. He has attacking and creative at his disposal but he doesnt use them. You might question the quality of them but they are better then what fulham have!

If he makes subs and shows an intention to try and win or change something that isnt working and maybe it doesnt go his way i wont shit on him for that. but its when he sits there having seen 30 minutes and 2-3 other games exactly like this and does nothing about it. this isnt a one off. Its happened multiple times now

From what I see on this forum, if Jose hooks someone, he gets sh*t on. If he doesn’t hook someone, he gets sh*t on. Subs early, he’s unreasonable towards that player and not giving the player enough time on the pitch. Subs too late, it’s his fault, he should have subbed the player sooner.

I think we are truly a few players away from a good challenging team.

Our CB options are still really poor for a top challenging side. Midfield wise, we have Sissoko, Winks, PEH to choose from.

Creative midfielder, we have Tanguy that is just now getting to fitness to last the entire game. His contributions are excellent but still not consistent throughout the 90 mins.

Our main front two have been less clinical compared to earlier in the season. Our others have been contributing but not at the level we need them to when it comes to scoring. We’ve had enough chances to put games away.
Great post

Tactics made us sit back against a shite team when the tide had turned...Jose is apparently great so could have changed things to win the game but was content with sitting back...and it cost us...again!

Yep agree really.

No one says Mourinho is at fault for players missing chances but he is at fault for not setting us up, style wise or in terms of personnel for not setting us up in a fashion that puts us on the front foot.

Last edited:
Still going on about this fcuking match.

Top teams draw games against lesser opponents. Nothing new there and will never change.

But to be ahead 5 times against teams outside the top 6 this season and relinquish that lead is a shocker and really good teams do not do it.

And that falls to the manager because clearly 2 up and with our way of playing at present (West Ham game aside) should be enough.

The stats speak for themselves.

Good but not good enough.

Still going on about this fcuking match.

Top teams draw games against lesser opponents. Nothing new there and will never change.

But to be ahead 5 times against teams outside the top 6 this season and relinquish that lead is a shocker and really good teams do not do it.

And that falls to the manager because clearly 2 up and with our way of playing at present (West Ham game aside) should be enough.

The stats speak for themselves.

Good but not good enough.
No, it’s not good enough. But it shows we are getting close.

Yep agree really.

No one says Mourinho is at fault for players missing chances but he is at fault for not setting us up, style wise or in terms of personnel for not setting us up in a fashion that puts us on the front foot.
I’ll give you something to consider:
Against City we were on the back foot, yet against Liverpool we were on the front foot.

Which game was you most satisfied with and which one was more successful?

Let’s be careful here. Because missing sitters against Liverpool doesn’t suddenly become a valid excuse just because people preferred our tactics......or because it’s easier to slag off Bergwijn than Son

Point being, you don’t determine the success of a tactic on whether the forwards fuck up at the crucial moment.
You determine it by whether we actually allowed the forwards to get into numerous clear cut chances.
And against Fulham, we did, just like we did against Liverpool.

Last edited:
Liverpool drew to west brom, Newcastle and lost to Southampton last 3 games, and they are the champions..with a superior team than ours.. yet were only 3 points away from them, could of been more but were not good enough yet, klopp built his team over 5 years with no hassle from fans ..Mourinho barely a year and hes abused every time we dont win a game... its a joke ... when Mourinho has his team he will play better football because he can trust his players, atm he cant..

Against City we were on the back foot, yet against Liverpool we were on the front foot.

Let’s be careful here. Because missing sitters against Liverpool doesn’t suddenly become a valid excuse just because people preferred our tactics......or because it’s easier to slag off Bergwijn than Son

Point being, you don’t determine the success of a tactic on whether the forwards fuck up at the crucial moment.
You determine it by whether we actually allowed the forwards to get into numerous clear cut chances.

Why not allow me to answer your question?

Do you want me to or do you want to treat me in the same manner as some others?

First half we definitely had chances, another match and we could have been 2 or 3 or even 4 up at half time. We just didn't put hem away.

Second half different story

People saying the tactics cost us and the chances dont exist sound like Trump.

To admit we squandered 3-5 chances to kill the game betrays the mantra

Very very valid points that no one can deny even if I really really want to go against you out of habit.

How convenient we’ve all forgotten yet another Reguilon fluff too.

“Tactics made him miss the goal from there”

I wouldn't say we ALL forgot:

Reguilon also had a free opportunity early in the game that he hit over the bar. The chances were there.

My bigger issue is that most of those come before the 60 minute mark. We cleary slow down around then and the opposition has been able to pick one off of us. I think Jose should be looking for more offensive subs a bit earlier even with us ahead.

So to answer. I was way more satisfied with the Liverpool performance than the Man City one, although in the very short term the Man City one provided more successful.
However you pick one game where it was successful against a top club, I can point to many where it wasn't against much weaker teams than us.
You do not need to sit back and hope not to concede to beat the vast majority of teams in the League, not with the squad we have. You should not have to rely on our forwards to significantly outperform XG for the vast majority of the season to give us a chance.

Mourinho currently has the worst win rate of any manager we have had since Ramos, this is totally down to his negative tactics. The sum of the parts is so far down on the individual components.
And to put up with statistically our worst performing manager since Ramos, we are having to put up with the worst brand of football in living memory. The only manager comparable was the 8 games Santini had which were this mind-numbing.

Selectively picking out 1 game, when there are significantly more that totally counter your argument is somewhere between ridiculous and laughable.

I honestly don't think you even believe what you are writing most of the time, but are doing it for shits and giggles, because it is defending the indefensible.

If you play this brand of football you have to win, end of story. Anything else the fans will turn on the manager. His only hope is that Covid continues for a lot longer, because it would be very toxic at the ground if fans were present.

I will say it, a League Cup win will not suffice, it would not be enough reward for having to put up with the last 14 months. I want him gone, and be able to go back to actually enjoying the game.

If you offered me now, A League Cup win and 6th with Mourinho staying, or no League Cup and Mourinho gone and replaced with a progressive manager, I would take the latter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom