Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are we going to have 3 fucking days of "is it on, is it off?" that'll be annoying as fuck.
Premier league will confirm it tomorrow apparently.

If it was me I would've gone with the moving Fulham game suggestion but its way to late to announce that now so the Premier league are relying on Villa to have enough fit players otherwise either Villa or Spurs are going to be in someway massively dissadvantaged.

They also the set the precedent with our "handball" goal conceded against Newcastle. They managed to change that.

Why shouldn't they change this.

If we keep citing precedent, there's a good change the season wil end up with multiple cancelled games and no time to finish the season.
Mate, don't disagree.

I just expect the Premier League to do whatever is fucking stupid.

Can't see the Fulham game being played if the villa game is off. Less than 36 hours from announcement to kick off for a Premier League game? Zero chance of the managers allowing that, it's bad enough having 2 games in 3 days but without being to plan for it the week or 2 beforehand is insane.

Why not mate? If this was any normal season then agreed, but there are no supporters and no security risks for crowds, so apart from getting the teams and squads prepared, plus the ground staff at Fulham, why would it be so difficult 36 hours before kick off? Could easily be arranged. Not to mention it being London to, so won’t be any real travel. It should definitely be considered if villa is looking to be likely off.

Mate, don't disagree.

I just expect the Premier League to do whatever is fucking stupid.
So crazy that this statement is 100% truth. The stupidest thing the premier league could do Is announce that the game is going ahead tomorrow, and then go back on it 4-5hours before kick off.

So that’s what I expect to happen.

Last edited:
Why not mate? If this was any normal season then agreed, but there are no supporters and no security risks for crowds, so apart from getting the teams and squads prepared, plus the ground staff at Fulham, why would it be so difficult 36 hours before kick off? Could easily be arranged. Not to mention it being London to, so won’t be any real travel. It should definitely be considered if villa is looking to be likely off.
Oh it should be considered but would you want to be the person who's got to let Jose know we're playing a completely different team, 24 hours earlier, in a different stadium and give him 1 training session before it?

In all seriousness the Premier League has fucked this, they should of said to City, Newcastle, Fulham and Villa either get a team together of players who aren't isolating or forfeit it. This is going to get worse and more of a headache to deal with.

At least it's not the SPFL, who let Celtic postpone a game from Saturday to Monday this weekend so the could go to Dubai on "warm weather training". Celtic players were photographed not socially distancing, basically on the piss all week and actually sharing the hotel with the general public. Unsurprisingly a player has tested positive on Sunday but all's well and their game Monday is currently all steam ahead.

There can't even be a slim chance of this going ahead surely?

Will no doubt be days of indecision from the PL suits before a late cancellation announcement on Wed when we're just about to board the plane to Birmingham.

They could have been proactive and used some initiative and replaced this game with Fulham. Too late now, however, and you can bet the clowns didn't even consider the quite elegant solution in the first place.

Last edited:
A lot Villa fans seem to think it should be postponed because they have 10 players out with Covid. That's not how it works - having Covid is the same as having an injury and games don't cancelled because a team has 9 or 10 players out. Games have been postponed because there's been outbreaks, the training grounds are closed and a game is a few days away, not enough time to see if the virus has spread to any remaining players.

Villa's training ground will likely reopen on Monday or Tuesday, the same length of time Newcastle's was closed and they will likely be told to play the game. They'll protest they've been treated differently but they actually haven't at all.

I think it'll go ahead...They can put a team out, and that's all that matters.

This is the bit I don't understand.

Was Fulham's Premier League squad depleted to the point where they couldn't field a team against us?

Why do clubs with a COVID outbreak field a weakened team in the FA Cup but the Premier League matches are postponed?

Is it because they were unable to field a side for the league because they didn't have enough players left in their Premier League squad?

Or were they able to field a team from their Premier League squad but the FA agreed to postpone it anyway?

There must be some guidelines as to when a Premier League match is postponed.

Does anyone know what they are?

Whatever they settle on, they need to decide sharpish so that all concerned can prepare properly.

I don't know if our preparations would differ depending on whether we play the 8th-placed team or the 18th, but whatever, VIlla/Fulham certainly deserve to be given the maximum time in which to either train for the match or else rest/train lightly.

What a shambles. I was listening to a podcast the other day that contrasted how amazing the scientists and everyone else working in labs had been, developing Covid vaccines in a matter of a few weeks - days in one case - with how utterly inept our governments, politicians, administrators etc had been (it was Sam Harris, so he was mainly talking about the US, but his point was just as valid when applied to the UK, Spain and elsewhere).

He should have included football associations on the negative side of the scales as well

Back
Top Bottom