Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With new handball rules, players should just aim for defenders arm instead of taking a shot at goal. probably alot easier to score goal this way.
Train all our players to aim for the arm in the box; Kane will probably score like 20 goals in one game.

Like this?

Ei7pHT5X0AA2tNz.jpg

Just had a look at when my yellow card is 'rescinded': October 18th 2020...

Ironically, I've only just realised I joined this forum on October 19th (2011)

....seems pretty apt to take a well earned break from here until then...
I realise my Yellow was totally self-inflicted, and all of my own making.... but I probably need the break.

So maybe it's best I only return on my "9th Anniversaey" with a clean slate on the 19th October.... it'll be interesting if I can stay away for the next 3 weeks or so.... or whether I really am 'addicted' and sneak back in.... only time will tell!

See y'all then.
Badge of honour, mate!

Referee: Peter Bankes. Assistants: Peter Kirkup, James Mainwaring. Fourth official: Mike Dean. VAR: Lee Mason. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

A little googling later lead me to this.

Which states that last season Newcastle felt hard done by with Lee Mason running their games and were demanding he retire.

Still think if Peter Bankes isn’t a fucking coward and had the professional pride to actually read and remember the laws of the game he’s refereeing, no penalty. He seems to have gotten away with this howler with the narrative of it’s a crazy law, but it’s all in the application of it. He could have easily asked to see more, asked to see it again, and clearly not given it and he would have been well within the laws as stated and discussed above. But he chose not to.
Therefore he deserves the outrage/effigy etc more than the laws (which are being interpreted)

spursmalc

Thats not a dig at you..... Could very well be the attitude of the refs atm.... More concerned with appeasing their paymasters than what's logical.
The benefit of the doubt should always go to the innocent unless proved guilty. That ref's decision has been widely condemned although most are blaming the rules and not him but from reading the rules I felt he could have come to either decision and have 4 people agreeing with me. Other posters are saying much more.

The benefit of the doubt should always go to the innocent unless proved guilty. That ref's decision has been widely condemned although most are blaming the rules and not him but from reading the rules I felt he could have come to either decision and have 4 people agreeing with me. Other posters are saying much more.

Perhaps explain where you think I'm disagreeing with you?

You still come across like you think I'm at odds with your post.

I am disagreeing with your comment if in doubt give it. As I said it should be the opposite if in doubt do not give it.

I'm suggesting what I suspect is the refs mindset; not my own opinion..... That should be more than obvious given my follow up post.

Anthony Taylor appointed referee for the United game.

I don't see how appointing a Manchester local as the referee for a game vs United will affect us. Do you?

Just trying to imagine the referee getting home from the match and his wife saying "What the fuck is wrong with you ? That was never, ever a penalty, even me and our 6 year old could see that. You dickhead."
:mourhandlaugh:

Just re-watched the highlights on MOTD2, trying to objective :
The foul given against Hojbjerg when the ball was played into the box for the penalty was questionable to say the least, the penalty decision itself is ridiculous.
If the Newcastle penalty was correct, then the incident with Ndombele and Lascelles was possibly worth one also.
I’m surprised that when Davies kicked the ball against Hojbjerg to concede a corner a penalty wasn’t given.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom