Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've given my seats away tomorrow so doesn't effect me personally but why the fuck are they not announcing the PP tonight as seems been decided
If it’s called off the tickets will stay with whoever you gave them to. If you want them back they will have to contact the ticket office once the match is rearranged to say that they can’t attend. Then the tickets will be returned to your season tickets.

I'd say the most likely option is off? Always seems to go that way at this stage. really annoying,

no other decent games on tomo anyway.

Wait hold on a minute. I thought they only had 3 positive cases? If that is the case and the Premier league refused Chelsea’s plea to cancel with 8 positive cases, I reckon this is bull.

This can only be speculation surely?

Better let us know before 2 hours before the game like usual as it ain't as straight forward to get to the ground tomorrow

Credible twitter heads say it’s 10 now. 3 was the number yesterday.

I think the gray area here is clubs combining covid with players being unavailable through injury.

Leeds had 9/10 players injured for Woolwich but had to play if 3 of those were covid they might have been able to say they can't field a squad.

Rodgers said it himself, it's not all covid, but covid is forcing me to not rest players resulting in injuries so those injuries are covid-adjacent.

it's a mess

Imagine being an u23 player who’s come up through your clubs ranks, having a good season in the youth league, is eligible to play but your club would rather call the match off than give you a chance.

As big an indication that the game is dead as there ever has been.

Last edited:
I think the gray area here is clubs combining covid with players being unavailable through injury.

Leeds had 9/10 players injured for Woolwich but had to play if 3 of those were covid they might have been able to say they can't field a squad.

Rodgers said it himself, it's not all covid, but covid is forcing me to not rest players resulting in injuries so those injuries are covid-adjacent.

it's a mess
I agree fully. There also comes a point where this just isn’t a fair competition any more. We could be 12 points off the pace with 4 games in hand by the time we next play.

Surely that’s not good for the integrity of the league.

Credible twitter heads say it’s 10 now. 3 was the number yesterday.

Excuse Me What GIF

A little bizarre - yesterday reports were 3 players or 'a handful of players'

Now reporting 2 background staff tested positive, so game should be called off ..... I thought if only 'a handful of players' were testing positive the game wouldn't be cancelled ?

I guess another round of tests in morning, but unless its still 'a handful of players' no reason to cancel ?

A little bizarre - yesterday reports were 3 players or 'a handful of players'

Now reporting 2 background staff tested positive, so game should be called off ..... I thought if only 'a handful of players' were testing positive the game wouldn't be cancelled ?

I guess another round of tests in morning, but unless its still 'a handful of players' no reason to cancel ?

this is an old tweet, we're still waiting for word from the PL.

this is an old tweet, we're still waiting for word from the PL.

Yup but the information they've given to Football London is a 'handful of players' and 2 backroom staff = request to postpone game, which doesn't seem to suggest a player crisis from covid.

Fully understand they might have a few players recovered from covid but not full fit and or injuries - but that was our position when playing Liverpool

They literally only have two players positive. The other people are like people who do their laundry. Palace want the game called off for some other reason.

If it’s called off the tickets will stay with whoever you gave them to. If you want them back they will have to contact the ticket office once the match is rearranged to say that they can’t attend. Then the tickets will be returned to your season tickets.
I don't have a problem with the seats staying with the new purchaser more so the timing of the postponement (if it happens)

Back
Top Bottom