Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When the hell are they going to let us Know? Pre match drinkies should commence even earlier today.
Lots of train disruptions today, getting to the ground is a military operation and takes time to plan.

I can still only see 3 confirmed cases for them?

Dunno if you noticed but everyone is catching this Omicron shit...

Actually, it seems to get a very small proportion of confirmed cases at that moment.

This is from the 18th
A major incident has been declared in London and more than 10,000 new Omicron cases have been confirmed in the UK, as the variant surges across the country.
A further 90,418 daily Covid cases have been reported across the UK on Saturday, after days of record highs.

I believe the increase is still proportional, IE, about 1/10th of cases is Omicron.

PL realising the problems so many cancellations are going to cause ( because no doubt this season will have another variant or two to come) and toughening up on their postponement policy I reckon.

Actually, it seems to get a very small proportion of confirmed cases at that moment.

This is from the 18th

I believe the increase is still proportional, IE, about 1/10th of cases is Omicron.

They are not sequencing every case though, we simply don’t have the capacity to do that. Assume at this point that the majority of cases are Omicron. There’s no way that with 120k cases a day we are still dealing with mainly Delta cases. It just can’t spread that fast.

This is from the 18th

It is to do with the way they do the tests. Half the people I know have tested positive in the last two weeks. It is omicron.

As of the 18th: The latest available data, which covers all partially sequenced data to 18 December, indicates that just over 16,000 tests of a total of almost 22,500 sequenced lacked the S-gene: indicating that 72% were caused by Omicron.

As of 18 December, in London, 89.7% of PCR test samples had S-gene target failure, compared with 47.7% in the north-east.

(I only use the 18th because you decided to pick that date - it will be a higher proportion now)

I said it before. If final tests have to be done on the day of the match, carry out all the lateral flow tests early, before 7am. Followed by PCR testing, with results known by 9am at the latest.
The Premier League definitely need to be sending independent testers to do the PCRs and Lateral flows.

I wouldn't trust any Premier League club to do their own testing - too much of a conflict of interest going on.

It looks like the Palace journos are all being fed false info that the game will be called off, in the hope that that becomes mainstream and the game gets called off.

The Spurs journos are all reporting game on.

I'm not sure why a decision hasn't been made already, you could have done Lateral flows and PCRs this morning already and have the results back in.

Really poorly organized by the PL

It should be , results in by 10pm the night before, that’s your final test before the game . Leaving it until the last min shows a lack of respect to the fans .

Really poorly organized by the PL

It should be , results in by 10pm the night before, that’s your final test before the game . Leaving it until the last min shows a lack of respect to the fans .
There should definitely be a cut off point for when a game can be called off - all this last minute bollocks is easily avoidable as the situation is unlikely to change between 9am and 2pm with the amount of cases.

But then the Premier League don't give a shite about fans - if anything they're just a mere inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom