Tottenham vs QPR (away) - THE RYAN NELSEN DERBY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

12/1 Taarabt to score next. I'd never bet against Spurs, but if I was neutral I'd have some of that...

...just a feeling.

'Av a bang on that

images

The 4-4-2 system is being publically humiliated here when it is at its very worst:

2 strikers detached from build up play, 2 wingers isolated and always recieving the pass with back to goal, 2 central midfielders outnumbered with no passing options and 2 central defenders having to alternate dropping-or-pressing due to untrackted deep runners.

Changes needed ASAP even if we have to sacrifice a striker.
Exactly, its not going to work when we have two CMs trying to take on 3 people just to be able to link up with the strikers or wingers. Ade and Defoe won't/can't link up play from the striker position and its leaving us static.

And I just saw replay of Ade's miss. It was abysmal. He hit hit right at Cesar when he had the whole right side of the net. Its just frustrating watching him miss chance after chance week in week out. He had a nice header the other week but thats literally all he has done this year. And after his lackadaisical outing vs. Coventry, I'm not willing to cut him any more slack. He needs to show that he wants to be here and he's not doing it.

For me this game is in dire need of Siggy's abillity to thread through balls through the defence... Will allow Bale, Lennon and JD to gamble more on runs with Siggy able to put em through. Siggy is also very good at popping up where there is a bit of space between the players.

Adebayor evidently has no confidence. It's not that he suddenly became shit, he just has no confidence in his abilities. Which is not good, because confidence is one of the most important things a striker can have.

Awful game due to QPR basically playing 6 in midfield so we're finding them very hard to break down. (that sounds familiar). Hopefully Harry will bring on a striker in the 2nd half to free up some more space for us to attack.

Dempsey on for Ade...his work rate and aggressiveness are needed at this point. He'll drop back a bit and help the CM's build the play. Bit of work to do, but the win is there for the taking if the play improves a bit.

QPR have played pretty well, draw at half-time is fair. Redknapp knows how Spurs struggle to break teams down, although Defoe was unlucky with his shot (actually brilliantly saved), I wonder how Demba Ba would do in Adebayor's place.

Speaking of Adebayor, his mind looks elsewhere, maybe the African break will be good for him (and spurs) - I'd like to see him replaced rather than Defoe (if we don't score after 1 hour) - since Dempsey/Defoe need practice together for the upcoming matches.

Draw isn't much good for either team really, so I hope the game opens up a bit in 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom