Tottenham Vs Red Star - 22nd Oct 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif
Some stirrings in the last 10 mins vs Watford and while clutching at straws has become second nature I would like to clutch once more. First 15 will be telling.

The 'absolutely awful' 10 months in which we qualified top 4 and reached CL final for first time in our history.

Ridiculous to say 'Do or die' for Poch. He hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. Getting rid will just make things worse.
The UCl run papered over the cracks mate. It was luck. We have one of the worst forms in the league this calender year. Worse than the likes of West Ham.. WEST HAM. We've got pumped 7-2 at home, 3-0 to Brighton.. come on man, take of those tinted glasses.. I don't want our club to be in this situation, no spurs fan does. So somethings gotta change. It's do or die for Poch here at Tottenham Hotspur football club, not do or die for his career..

The 'absolutely awful' 10 months in which we qualified top 4 and reached CL final for first time in our history.

Ridiculous to say 'Do or die' for Poch. He hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. Getting rid will just make things worse.

Yea, did we get to top 4 based on that? Or did we get to CL thanks to the buffer we had earned in 2018?!?
In 2019 part we got 8 wins 2 draws 8 losses that puts us to 26 points from 18 games. So 1,4 ppg that gives 55 pts per season. That would have given us super close 7th place with Everton at 54 pts and 8th place. If you take January out of the equation, corresponding numbers would have been 14 games 5 wins, 2 draws, 7 losses. So 1,2 ppg and around 46 points and we would have been 12th. So, please come again with this "qualifying to top 4 within last 10 months" thing.

About CL - we all surely enjoyed our run but would you (or anyone else) expect to replicate such thing under same / current circumstances?

I hate to say it but we seem to have gone back to AVB/Sherwood days where teams turn up expecting a result off us. We don't control games, smash in 4 goals or press teams like crazy anymore. If Poch loses this and on Sunday I reckon he might be gone.

Gazzaniga
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Son - Lo Celso - Eriksen
Kane

Replace Lo Celso with Lamela and we are talking!
Lo Celso won't start in game like this when he has been away for such a long time, and Coco was one of very few players who actually was fighting against Watford over the weekend. So clearly someone who at least cares.

The UCl run papered over the cracks mate. It was luck. We have one of the worst forms in the league this calender year. Worse than the likes of West Ham.. WEST HAM. We've got pumped 7-2 at home, 3-0 to Brighton.. come on man, take of those tinted glasses.. I don't want our club to be in this situation, no spurs fan does. So somethings gotta change. It's do or die for Poch here at Tottenham Hotspur football club, not do or die for his career..
Hear, hear. Can we unanimously agree that the words "CL final" can only be used in the context of "good cup run" please? I'm utterly f*cking sick of hearing about us losing a cup final as some justification for some other unrelated argument. Not slagging the achievement to get there but is that going to be Poch's epitaph with us?
"Nearly won something" He's been better than that.

Yea, did we get to top 4 based on that? Or did we get to CL thanks to the buffer we had earned in 2018?!?
In 2019 part we got 8 wins 2 draws 8 losses that puts us to 26 points from 18 games. So 1,4 ppg that gives 55 pts per season. That would have given us super close 7th place with Everton at 54 pts and 8th place. If you take January out of the equation, corresponding numbers would have been 14 games 5 wins, 2 draws, 7 losses. So 1,2 ppg and around 46 points and we would have been 12th. So, please come again with this "qualifying to top 4 within last 10 months" thing.

About CL - we all surely enjoyed our run but would you (or anyone else) expect to replicate such thing under same / current circumstances?
Yes, league form has been bad since January, but what is the cause? Is Poch no longer up to it? Or are there factors that were largely out of his control? The squad is getting old together and some of our best players want to leave. He knew this last year, but is it his fault that the club didn't or couldn't get replacements in of sufficient quality? It is clearly hard to replace players as good as Dembele, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Wanyama, players who have all to some extent checked out.

Whoever is in charge we face a rebuild and we will have to be patient. Ndombele and Lo Celso are good signings and it will take time to add to that.

Poch isn't the problem, yes he's made mistakes, but he's still the best manager we've had in a generation. I just think talk of 'do or die' is silly. We need patience not panic.

Yes, league form has been bad since January, but what is the cause? Is Poch no longer up to it? Or are there factors that were largely out of his control? The squad is getting old together and some of our best players want to leave. He knew this last year, but is it his fault that the club didn't or couldn't get replacements in of sufficient quality? It is clearly hard to replace players as good as Dembele, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Wanyama, players who have all to some extent checked out.

Whoever is in charge we face a rebuild and we will have to be patient. Ndombele and Lo Celso are good signings and it will take time to add to that.

Poch isn't the problem, yes he's made mistakes, but he's still the best manager we've had in a generation. I just think talk of 'do or die' is silly. We need patience not panic.
Completely agree but the question is whether he is the man to turn it around.

Back
Top Bottom