Tottenham vs United – Wednesday 31st Jan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have to start wining games againts the sides above us. Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund will sign for the scum and he will be their top 4 ticket-I feel he's that good. So we really need to get things going quickly and Utd is the perfect game to start the run. Confidence is everything and beating Utd with top us up for a while.To dare is to do or die?

[formation=4231, Hugo, Aurier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Kane][/formation]
Toby off the bench at some point ready to start at Anfield on Sunday.

Will it be a 83-84k-ish sell out? Wembley sold out for evening game goes some way to making Wembley more home like.

We generally seem to need to be leading by half time to win games and I don't think that'll be any different on Wednesday.

Who do Spurs fans rate more at the moment? Son or Alli?

Call me crazy, but I’d like to see Dele at DM, in place of Dier. Me thinks he’s a capable defender, and would add a little offense to the DM line.
Lamela and Son at wing AM’s, and Eriksen central.

Oh....and....Son >>>>>> Dele, at least this season.

Shall we play nutmeg bingo....

What minute of the game is dele going to try and nutmeg Ashley Young??

Need 3pts and a commanding performance, big month coming up let’s start as we mean to go on!

Must win game, could go either way, José will park the bus, it will be a game of two halves......Can't think of any more clichés.
Forgive me but been up since 3.30 this morning, at the airport waiting for flight home and I haven't had a decent cuppa in two weeks!
Hopefully will get a decent night's sleep, so won't fall asleep at the game :)
COYS

If we don’t give them an outlet then eventually they’ll cave in

They’ve got pace which could hurt us

Not convinced....

1. They are a better 'quality' bus than the likes of WBA, so i find it hard to rely on them "caving in".

2. Their pace, as an asset, is at its most potent when on the break... Do we really want to leave ourselves vulnerable to the counter?

If we don’t give them an outlet then eventually they’ll cave in

They’ve got pace which could hurt us
Our best league performance of the season was (imo) against Liverpool. They had pace which could have hurt us, but we hit them on the counter time after time.
The difference in this game is that it’s Mourinho. He will happily sit his team back. He won’t care if there is no outlet. And for all that I loathe the smug cunt, his teams don’t tend to cave in under pressure.
We need an early goal here & then they have to try & get something from the game. It’s at that stage where we can hit them on the counter.

Back
Top Bottom