Tottenham Vs Watford - Sun Aug 29th - 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RWCpVe.png

Have posted this many times. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's better or worse but it's certainly very very good. If we sold Kane for 120+ million, we could really address the midfield creative issue and build upon what we already have.

Since the 18-19 season w/o Kane Starting but w/ Son playing >60 mins

Premier League

12 Wins
2 Draws
5 Losses
*19 matches, 38 points

Champions League
Dortmund (1 leg) - Advance
Man City (x2 legs) - Advance
Ajax (x2 legs) - Advance

Europa League
Lask (1 leg) - Win

FA Cup
Middlesbrough - Advance
Southampton - Advance

This is a bit disingenuous isn't it?

1) Why only from 2018/19 season, Kane has been in the team since 2013?
2) What matches were they in the PL and who were they against? I take your point about the CL run in 2018/19 but other than that what evidence suggests over the whole period since he's been at the club that we are better without Kane?
3) What evidence is there to suggest we'd easily upgrade the team, we have spent close to £200m in the last couple of years but mostly on dross?

We've seen him have poor games before. Actually, I don't even think he was particularly poor. Just average. Like the team as a whole today.
This was always going to be the case if he stayed. Doesn't matter how gifted or how professional he is, there's no way he can turn his brain off. Plus I suspect he's hugely embarrassed.

This is a bit disingenuous isn't it?

1) Why only from 2018/19 season, Kane has been in the team since 2013?
2) What matches were they in the PL and who were they against? I take your point about the CL run in 2018/19 but other than that what evidence suggests over the whole period since he's been at the club that we are better without Kane?
3) What evidence is there to suggest we'd easily upgrade the team, we have spent close to £200m in the last couple of years but mostly on dross?

Mate... Don't bite... Peeps need to start ignoring his bullshit. He's just trolling and seemingly desperate for attention.

So far in the season the biggest thing I'm noticing is we look like a team again I think that's down to Nuno.

I know we could probably be more progressive but I'm liking the unity.

Get a solid foundation and we go from there if we can replace Ndombele and Aurier(as they clearly don't want to be or are just not part of it)that would be great

Onwards and upwards

I guess I have to accept that me and some other people on here have different views on what is boring. I enjoyed today's game quite a lot.

There's a lot of positive signs to take from what Nuno has us doing.

Just don't think that because we had the better stats than Watford at home, it really means all that much. Our best players today were defenders and the two more defensive midfielders, which say's a lot about our attacking play as a whole.

It was a deserved 3 points, but we're still clearly lacking creativity and sooner or later we'll get found out with this team.
It doesn't say a thing about our attacking play overall. It says that whenever Watford got into our attacking third, the vast majority of the time they were snuffed out comprehensively. They aren't getting the plaudits because they had a shitload to do, they're getting them because when they had to do their job they did it extremely well.

What says a lot about our attacking play is the fact that, against a packed, well organised and we'll drilled defensive effort, we still carved out 8 shots on goal, 3 of which really should have been buried.

We're not lacking creativity, but we could certainly do with more.

Am I the only one that doesn't see the Dele renaissance? He is working harder now which is good and he isn't as poor as he was last year.

But he is the only one of the three central midfielders that is in there to create. He hasn't done too much of that. Lucas was a lot more effective when he came on albeit in a different role.

Unless we got a top midfielder in, I'd like to see Lucas, Son and Berg all starting again.

Back
Top Bottom