Tottenham Vs Watford - Sun Aug 29th - 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's all well and good winning these last 3 games, but all 3 were close.

We need to mentality prepare for when we don't the odd goal.
I was talking to my friend about this earlier and he made a very good point, the players look alot more confident and they dont look like they are scared that they will be hung out to dry if they make a mistake. I was against nuno, but so far im converted

Job done. Deserved the win without having to really step up a gear. Obviously will need to improve against better teams but that doesn’t matter today. Love the Kane reception & makes a mockery of the he is done here & will be booed.
Palace next up, so a good shot at 4 out of 4 in which case that’s probably the title!
If we win that, I reckon we need 18 maybe 19 wins for CL

Very happy with our start obviously, but I think Nuno needs to put Harry in his place a little now and not play him if he has a run of games like he did today. He wasn't very good, and we are at times a little more dynamic without him. This aint the Harry Kane show now buddy.

That's about the silliness disagree I've ever had.. thanks for making my day Dr. Rocktopus

He's right though... You do not speak for "The rest of us"... Far from it.

(Not that I had any beef with Billy.....)

Last edited:
I was talking to my friend about this earlier and he made a very good point, the players look alot more confident and they dont look like they are scared that they will be hung out to dry if they make a mistake. I was against nuno, but so far im converted
Today may have looked very different if that move that saw Deles little sidefoot rolled inside the post.

This was different to the Wolves game. We were good value for the win today,made a few good chances and never really gave Watford much.

Nuno is accomplishing what Jose couldn't; a defensive team that is solid, works hard, but strikes a better balance between defence and attack. Today, we mostly controlled the game rather than invite pressure. Very good.

Top of the league, can anyone see the Gooners anywhere?

Also we're just much fitter now, that's why we kept letting in late goals and giving up leads last season, incredible when you think how much our players were unfit under Jose.

I didn't see many, did you?

A few things we clearly need to improve on but overall a good, solid team performance and a deserved win. Its good to see.
I never do when we win whether by hook or by crook we play rubbish, smash & grab like last week or what ever, if we win I take that as a positive glass half full….. now you on the other hand can’t say that :thumbup:

I never do when we win whether by hook or by crook we play rubbish, smash & grab like last week or what ever, if we win I take that as a positive glass half full….. now you on the other hand can’t say that :thumbup:

Nope I have no problem pointing out errors when they are there. I think it is fine to be happy with wins, but still point out problems that the team has.

Nope I have no problem pointing out errors when they are there. I think it is fine to be happy with wins, but still point out problems that the team has.
It’s Tottenham Hotspur we’re not perfect never have been and never will be and we will always have more bad days than good but when the good days come we should enjoy them savour them not disrespect them keep that for the bad days ;)

Wasn't the easiest game on the eye in the flesh, thought Hojberg played well and Sanchez had a really solid game overall too.

Dele really struggled to make an impact at times though, appreciate his workrate but feel like we need someone with more creativity/ a better passing range to mix things up.

Watford were toothless, nice receptions for Danny & Moussa.

Oh, and I obviously missed the only fucking goal because I was desperate for a piss - brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom