Tottenham's worst manager and the manager you hated the most.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worse than santorini?
That's not even possible

Santini was an absolute twat.
He quit claiming that his wife was ill and then admitted later that it was a lie.
What kind of low-life makes up an excuse like that??

He then complained that the club had promised him a house at the seaside but instead had given him a house 100 metres from the sea...

100 METRES FROM THE SEA IS THE SEASIDE, YOU FUCKING MORON!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst - Ramos.
Red raw useless. The epitome of a yes man who had no idea what he was doing. Those opening 8 games of the 08/09 season were the darkest days of my time supporting Spurs.

Most hated - Sherwood.
An arrogant, obnoxious oaf. One of the biggest spoofers in football and it still sends shivers down my spine when I recall he used to manage our club.

Sherwood & Sherwood

Blatant fraud & Gooner

The sheer love he STILL gets from certain Spurs fans is probably a sympthom of why we are a reviled fanbase many places.
He still talks about Spurs as Us and We though in his analysis.
He's actually gone up a lot in my estimation since he left. Especially considering the shit he took from many of our fans. (including me)

Gross Def worst I've seen.
Yeah ozzie was a crap a manger, and at times felt like his training was "defenders, go do stuff over there" but gross was just a shit shit shit version of wenger. And that whole tube ticket thing. Still makes me shudder..

I remember watching Tottenham training under Ardiles.
No wonder they struggled to adapt to Francis' fitness regime because they just went for a jog round the training pitch and practised a set-piece.

THAT WAS IT.

This was at the start of the 94/95 season after the opening game against Sheffield Wednesday and before the first home game against Everton.

They practised this incredibly convoluted and intricate set-piece that involved God knows how many passes and I thought to myself 'That is NEVER going to work.'

The major flaw in Ardiles' plan was that he forgot that there was an opposition who might, just might, try to defend the set-piece.

They then tried it during the Everton game and the manoeuvre broke down after the second pass...

Last edited:
One of the many things that grated on me about Sherwood was his tendency to put himself first above anything else.
Post-match interviews where (if we'd lost) would refer to the team as 'they', yet if we won, it was 'we'. Or if the team played badly, it was because they didn't do what he told them to. Yet if we played well, it because he got his tactics spot on....unless we played well and lost, in which case he got his tactics right but the players weren't good enough to win the game.
In Sherwoods head, he was always right and would quite happily throw the team under the bus so he looked good on camera.
A self-serving twat of the highest order.

Given the players and the investment, Ramos is the worst for me. Look what Harry did with them.

Don’t hate any of our managers though. All just trying to do a job.

Never liked Ramos and personally credit Jol for the league cup win.

What’s that about anyone? Cheers

Gross' initial fortunes were mixed; his debut was a 1–0 loss to Crystal Palace at White Hart Lane, followed by a 2–0 win over Everton at Goodison Park, with a heavy 6–1 home defeat at the hands of Chelsea. However, despite some signs of improvement, he was relentlessly ridiculed by the British tabloids.[5] The tabloid ridicule of Gross was often linked to his poor grasp of English and first Spurs press conference, where he arrived late from Heathrow airport brandishing a London Underground ticket with the words: "I want this to become my ticket to the dreams".

I'm not sure about the worse but the one I dislike the most was Harry Rednapp. The way he talked him self up for the England job and when he said spurs fans had never had it so good really pissed me off.

I always thought it was planned by the club that Santini would only manage a handful of games then slip out under some pretence or another and Jol would then take over, Santini was just a big name (he was at the time) to appease the fans.
It was very odd that Jol and Santini were both on the books at the same time.

Always felt very fishy to me.

Back
Top Bottom