Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Head Coach Tim said the winger (Aaron Lennon) 'has a chance' having missed the games against Southampton and West Brom after picking up a stomach strain against West Ham on December 18.

The good news sees Paulinho available again after suspension but Kyle Walker misses out after picking up a fifth yellow card of the season against West Brom. The full-back has a one-match ban.

Tim rated both Jermain Defoe (hamstring) and Mousa Dembele (ankle) as 'doubtful', while Sandro (calf), Younes Kaboul (thigh), Andros Townsend (hamstring) and Jan Vertonghen (ankle) remain sidelined.

No Sandro, No Walker, No Vertonghen, No Dembele, No Kaboul.
Damn. Our defence is going to get a battering off of Stoke.

not even thinking of 4th having a laugh at the moment. I am biting my nails thinking if we loose another center back or a player or two with the next two games after stoke i am thinking it could be worse than city and liverpool games

Naughton could do a reasonable stint at RB, but give Fredericks a go. I'm in the '4th has gone, we can enjoy the Lge now' camp (This camp may only have one member, but it's a happy place to be :)

To me it's mainly about the FA Cup and EL now. We won't go down, I still want us to win every game of course, but I think where players like Fredericks and Bentaleb have shown promise, then in the Lge in certain games they are a gamble worth taking.

I think Vlad needs a rest, he's a liability ATM, let him recover somewhat for the Woolwich game, give 'Velcro' a chance or play Cap if necessary. I severely doubt that the youngster will be worse than Vlad or Cap at CB, so I say, if Tim's seen enough of him to think he's worth a gamble, a la Bentaleb, then go for it.

Unfortunately that's just like saying that losing 5-1 is better than losing 5-0. Naughton proved that he is Championship material at best.

I'd disagree, Naughton is much better playing in his preferred position. The poor lad has no business playing LB and it shows all too evidently with his EXTREME lack of confidence in that position. All to predictable and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a footballer look as scared as he did when he was up against Sterling... Say what you want about AVB subbing a LB in a situation where we were down 2 goals, but I completely understood that sub...

Naughton could do a reasonable stint at RB, but give Fredericks a go. I'm in the '4th has gone, we can enjoy the Lge now' camp (This camp may only have one member, but it's a happy place to be :)

To me it's mainly about the FA Cup and EL now. We won't go down, I still want us to win every game of course, but I think where players like Fredericks and Bentaleb have shown promise, then in the Lge in certain games they are a gamble worth taking.

I think Vlad needs a rest, he's a liability ATM, let him recover somewhat for the Woolwich game, give 'Velcro' a chance or play Cap if necessary. I severely doubt that the youngster will be worse than Vlad or Cap at CB, so I say, if Tim's seen enough of him to think he's worth a gamble, a la Bentaleb, then go for it.

Is this "Velcro" people are referring to Veljkovic? Excellent nick-name if the ball sticks to his feet :)

Lloris
Fredericks Dawson Chiriches Rose
Paulinho Bentaleb
Lamela-----------------Eriksen
Adebayor Soldado​

I like the look of that team. Thats what i'd probably go with too. Maybe bring Dembele in for Bentaleb though, if he is fit. Save Sandro for the United and Woolwich games.
I think with Stoke's injury and suspension problems they may come to WHL for a 0-0. With that team we should have enough to break them down.

Looks like Begovic and Shawcross are both out for this too. Have a look here; http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/224198/team-spuds

With our run of injury luck you just know that that fucking cunt Charlie Adam is going to injure whoever is having the best game. My guess is Eriksen or Rose.

That sick fuck was probably as disappointed as we were when Bale left.

Back
Top Bottom