Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First three goal game at the Lane since City last year and first clean sheet since Everton in November. Good stuff.

Stoke were abject shit but we have generally barely scraped wins against teams like that so I'm glad to have a resounding win no matter how bad they were. Lots of good performances today. Very pleased.

Last edited:
Right. It's about time someone with a winning run of match threads sorted this mess out.

Next up Stoke City. 2 men suspended from the game against Newcastle today and they had to play over 45 minutes with 9 men so will be more tired than us.

Surely, SURELY this will be a home win.

Paulinho should return to the squad and hopefully at least one of Dembele and Sandro.
I'm going 3-1 Spurs and Soldado to score 2. One a pen and one from open play (shock horror)

COME ON YOU LILLYWHITES!

Ooooh close!

I think anyone willing to change their opinion based on one good game are clearly insane. I am highly sceptical about Sherwood as our manager but credit to him as that's 7 points out of 9 in charge and we played great football today. The next two games will show what he and our team are made of
Anything better than a draw in either of the next two games, then I might be willing to open my mind up a little bit more. Am I being too generous with that?

Didnt watch the game but it sounds like it was a hell of an improvement on the last 3.

Fingers crossed Timmy is finding balance and he isnt actually as careless as it seemed. OT will be the big test, good luck to him

Dismal, very poor performance - hardly anything positive to say.

Sorry, still ranting about the wife's christmas dinner.

Spurs on the other hand were very good - can't complain about a 3-0 win - some great perfomances by Paulinho and Dembele in particular - and even our defenders put in a tidy effort (well done Naughton - you've got guts boy)

Anything better than a draw in either of the next two games, then I might be willing to open my mind up a little bit more. Am I being too generous with that?

If Sherwood gets us a win at the emirates then as far as I'm concerned he is a living legend of our time and I will dedicate the rest of my life to a Tim Sherwood tribute act ( probably a dance act) :sherwoodlol::sherwoodwtf:

We looked better today and the result makes me feel more confident about the future, but let's not get overexcited, Stoke were dire today, the next two games will be totally different

Great win. Good performance.

Thought dembele absolutely bossed the game and everything was built on his hard work.

Nt going to get carried away though. Stoke were dreadful and came to us off the back of playing 70 mins with 9 men up in the north east.

Delighted with the win in any case and good to finally see some goals before I head back to spain :)

Good result. Amazing what a difference having a proper midfield makes!

Support was embarrassing though. Apart from the 10 minutes after the third goal, PL lower was absolutely dead. And to think that some people think that playing winning, entertaining football will improve our atmosphere...

Didnt watch the game but it sounds like it was a hell of an improvement on the last 3.

Fingers crossed Timmy is finding balance and he isnt actually as careless as it seemed. OT will be the big test, good luck to him

You would have approved Lister, he put out an interesting formation with Eriksen cutting in regularly and Lennon staying out wide whilst Adebayor dropped deeper.

Good result. Amazing what a difference having a proper midfield makes!

Support was embarrassing though. Apart from the 10 minutes after the third goal, PL lower was absolutely dead. And to think that some people think that playing winning, entertaining football will improve our atmosphere...

excuses and assholes comes to mind....

Back
Top Bottom