Troy Deeney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Troy Deeney on links to Spurs

“When you get to Spurs, you know the difference between being at a lesser club and a big club with the big boys, so it’s a different experience. I think we all watched the Amazon thing and we was like ‘oh, I’d love to be there, the training ground is ridiculous and the stadium is ridiculous. You want to test yourself as well. I am not going to go in there and say ‘I am better than Harry Kane’. Come on, we all know. I am a realist. It is what is. I know what I can deliver.”

Troy was talking to @TSBreakfast and confirmed there was genuine interest from Tottenham for his services this summer.

Heart and effort is 50 % of football. This guy would give ten times more effort than cunts like Ndombele, despite being nowhere near as good. No brainer as a back up.

I totally agree that heart and effort are requirements, and I'd drive Ndombele to the airport myself if we could 20m back on him, he's a busted flush who is going to hang around like a bad smell collecting his 200k a week.

But you can't tell me that we can't find a better player than Deeney in our price range who can also run around and has heart, desire etc.

Not at the highest level it isn't. Talent and ability are 80% of what makes a great footballer. The other 20% comes from mentality, training and physical preparation.

Deeney is 32 years old, a fucking shit footballer, a wanker of a human being and we shouldn't go near him.
A greater football brain than us once said football is 90 % perspiration and 10 % inspiration didn't they? We ain't gonna get a top level bench warmer for Kane let's face it.

Hopefully Parrot will be a success and be backup in 21/22 meaning we need experienced backup for 1 season to cover loads of cup matches and Kane's annual injury absense. He does fit the bill.

We're currently 7/2 favourites to sign the fucker.

Followed by Burnley, Palace, West Brom, Villa and Birmingham.

Heady days!

Troy Deeney Next Transfer Window Specials: To sign for before end of Next Premier League Transfer Deadline Date Betting Odds | Football
Mm......oh well that’s that then we will lose out to Birmingham he’s a brum fan......
C07600-BB-4-BB3-42-CE-A442-455126-C02380.png

Back
Top Bottom