Troy Deeney

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A Schol then.
Skål is better

81zrfS%2BZOXL._UL1500_.jpg

Yup Bent was actually OK, just average for us given the price tag at the time. Janssen is on 1 in 5 in the Mexican league currently (including a hat trick in one game), he wasn't good enough for what we wanted, as I've written very many times.
I wouldn't go by that maybe if he played with better players in a better league he'd do better.

Will he come and tolerate being a bench warmer though?
I read that he wants to get back in the England team.He wont do that being Kane's spare part.
That's the problem we have.No established decent age striker will do that.
We either have to use a youngster looking to prove himself or an old war horse coming to the end of his days.
Or change the way we play.

Tammy Abraham has played for England after being a part time starter with Chelsea, Jesus has played for Brazil having been Aguero's back-up for most of his career.

Wilson has been playing for Bournemouth for 5 years as the "man" and that hasn't exactly resulted in plenty of England call-ups.

I think he could get a chance with a team that is more mid-table than relegation fodder, Newcastle?, which might be appealing but he will have plenty of chances to play for Spurs if he comes here and if he performs well could easily see him impressing England coaches that are likley paying attention to the squad because of Kane, Dele, Winks, Dier already being here and us playing in London so easy for Southgate and co. to watch a game.

I don't want to see Troy Deeney in a Spurs shirt.

But for the record he's probably better than a lot of the shit I've seen in a Spurs shirt.
Rasiak
Rebrov
Postiga
Zamora
Andy Booth.....
Janssen
Soldado
Darren Bent
Saha
Frazier Campbell

I get the snobbery that Deeney should be beneath us, but he's better than all of the above players, many of whom were welcomed with open arms by the fanbase.
He is not better than either Bent or Rebrov the rest...well yes.

I think some of you are suffering from a form of 'cabin fever'. No football seems to have oodled the minds, threads on Deeney and a petition for Amazon to buy the club are just two of the latest gems!

WOW!

Well obviously, I'm not talking about his time at Man Utd because that has zero bearing on his time at Spurs.

By the time we got Saha he was washed up. He played 10 games total and scored 3 goals. I remember one good performance against Newcastle a game I was at, beyond that it was clear he was past his sell by date. So for Spurs it was a pointless signing.

And Rebrov was far too light weight for the premier league, bullied off the ball constantly. Wasn't cut out for the PL.

If you want to call my list laughable fair enough that's your opinion, but at least argue in good faith. I clearly wasn't talking about Saha at other clubs.

But hes not better then half the names you mentioned. Even the Spurs versions.

Clearly he is on our list. Probably way down but we know how this has worked out before. I just cant believe having had 14 months to look for a new striker/wing forward we're contemplating Deeney and Josh King. We really need a better recruitment set up.

We could pay Cavani what he wants and spend like 15 million over a 2 years contract and rotate him with Kane and even play both togheter when needed. What's wrong with these people?

This would be a good fit imho.
He's from the area, and WBA are looking for experienced PL players to keep them there....
What's not to like?

Plus, Deeney in a Spurs shirt just wouldn't LOOK right! (Does that make me a football snob?)
I don't dislike him as such (and certainly not as much as some on here seem to) but I don't think he's the right fit for us... unless he scores a hat trick on his Spurs debut, in which case, "Welcome aboard, Son!"

Back
Top Bottom