Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Despite not finding his goalscoring boots over recent months, Troy Parrott continues getting rave reviews for his performances for MK Dons.

The striker helped the League One side beat Bolton 2-0 over the weekend and earned a rating of 8.5 for his performance from MK Citizen.

The publication said about the Spurs man’s display: “Took hit after hit but kept getting up and asking for more. Great on the ball, unselfish, made great runs, dropped deep and added a body defensively too. A sensational all-round game.”

Despite not finding his goalscoring boots over recent months, Troy Parrott continues getting rave reviews for his performances for MK Dons.

The striker helped the League One side beat Bolton 2-0 over the weekend and earned a rating of 8.5 for his performance from MK Citizen.

One wonders; is this team/tactics not putting him a position to score or is he just not blossoming as a finisher......?

The publication said about the Spurs man’s display: “Took hit after hit but kept getting up and asking for more. Great on the ball, unselfish, made great runs, dropped deep and added a body defensively too. A sensational all-round game.”

Wouldn't be the first player to drop further back as they transitioned into senior football.......

(Worked for Dembele)

......Could there be a MF in there somewhere?

Last edited:

iu

Get that monkey off your back Troy!

I think the 'you deserve that' is a refence to the fact he's done everything but score in recent games
Seems so:

The Irish international had been waiting since September since his last League One goal, but his work-horse performances this year have made him a fan-favourite as Dons have hit their recent purple patch, so his header on 26 minutes was met with a huge ovation.

Full report:

Up to 2nd= on pts with Wigan, who have games in hand.

9 and 10pts cushions ahead of 5th and 6th. Well placed for play off place at least.
If they manage to go up, I'd let them have him an extra year. Much better for his development than being on our bench for 90% of next season.

And if they don't, let's find him a decent Ch'ship team playing some good football.

He's still too raw for the PL, in my humble opinion.

I wonder if it is worth loaning him back to MK next season for the sake of consistency. Especially if they manage to go up.

He knows the club by now and they know him. So a second straight loan spell at the same club could be good for him.

I wonder if it is worth loaning him back to MK next season for the sake of consistency. Especially if they manage to go up.

He knows the club by now and they know him. So a second straight loan spell at the same club could be good for him.
I agree to an extent but there’sa big difference in a loan at one of the top teams in league 1 and a loan to one of the bottom teams in the Championship, which MK would be.

I think better to try and put him with a side who again be fighting for promotion, maybe Norwich for instance or one of the sides who just miss out this season. He’ll have to work harder to get into the team perhaps, but once he’s past that hurdle he’ll be playing in a better side which will help him develop his confidence by hopefully scoring more, and he’ll learn far more about being a striker if he’s in a team that creates chances that he has the pressure off putting away.

I agree to an extent but there’s a big difference in a loan at one of the top teams in league 1 and a loan to one of the bottom teams in the Championship, which MK would be.
That's a great point.
You could argue that Sess' development stalled being in the EPL with Fulham getting bashed up every week.

Back
Top Bottom