Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s straight out the van basten playbook

Fine effort

I hope he plays a part in a dons promotion…. Stays another year on loan

At the end of that I think we’ll know what level of player we have on our hands

Credit to him. His hard work is manifest in some real real quality of late
They’ve been great for him but if they get promoted, they’ll no longer be the right club for him. If we loan him out again, needs to be fit a club fighting for promotion from the championship, not against relegation. MK will be a different environment next season to this, harsh as that sounds.

They’ve been great for him but if they get promoted, they’ll no longer be the right club for him. If we loan him out again, needs to be fit a club fighting for promotion from the championship, not against relegation. MK will be a different environment next season to this, harsh as that sounds.
I get it but there’s pros and cons to that

Game time in a environment he thrives in. A known quantity

Plus it’s not a certainty they’d be in a relegation battle

In a struggling team he would have to work harder and potentially develop more. Personally I’d have him back for preseason and see where he is at.

Its looking more than likely that MK dons will get automatic promotion to the Championship - which will be good for Parrots self esteem to be part of that team

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to offer MKDons the opportunity to have Parrott on loan next season in Championship - a different challenge for Parrott and one he needs to test himself against the next level of competition.

I think Parrott this season has looked far better than 12 months ago, but a season in Championship would be great under his belt before trying to get into Spurs first team squad - think it might be too early this summer pre-season ?

Only caveat to this is that if the whole team struggles at that level then he won't spend enough time attacking for him to get any meaningful experience.

....If however they can make a fist of it at mid-table then job's a good'n.

Pre season is a great chance for him and the other young prospects to show Conte what they can do. Wouldn't surprise if one of them at least were integrated into the first team squad, especially with Euro footy coming next season

He'll grow up more fighting on the pitch in a relegation scrap than sitting on the bench for a fancy team.
For a striker I don't think that's 100% true.

I hope we loan him to Norwich next season, better to be leading the line for a functioning team than one that may struggle to create chances, leaving him frustrated. It worked for Skipp.

Also, I can see him working quite well with Pukki. Unlike Pukki he has a great strike on him, and he's a bit of a target man whereas Pukki is more of a Aubameyang type pace merchant.

Pre season is a great chance for him and the other young prospects to show Conte what they can do. Wouldn't surprise if one of them at least were integrated into the first team squad, especially with Euro footy coming next season
Will be interesting to see where he plays in preseason. He started the season more as a number 10 but recent he's been playing on the right of a front 3. If somebody like Moura is shipped out then he might be trailed as a backup in the Kulusevski role in preseason. Champo loan probably the sensible move for his development in the long term

If Dons are promoted I think having Troy stay there on loan in the championship would probably be the right move- there'd be respect and trust for being promoted, known teammates, settled pecking order, tactics, style, etc. Is there any guarantee that Norwich or another club on the cusp of promotion would actually want or need Parrott on loan? Might be hoping for alot given how fickle loans are.

Besides, Norwich can't have both Scarlett and Parrott for us, can they? Lol...

Gold:

Troy Parrott added another spectacular goal to his recent tally with a dramatic volley in off the crossbar to help high-flying MK Dons grab a point in their big clash at AFC Wimbledon on Saturday.

The 20-year-old displayed perfect technique to find space and connect with a deep cross from skipper Dean Lewington and send it flying into the net off the woodwork.

It comes after an eye-catching lobbed goal last Tuesday night in MK Dons' 2-1 win against Crewe Alexandra and that had come off the back of his spectacular winning goal for the Republic of Ireland in their friendly against Lithuania.

"The gaffer has shown massive faith in me, even when I was playing and not scoring, he kept giving me game time. It's nice to be able to repay him. I have a really good relationship with the manager," Parrott was reported as saying on Saturday by The MK Citizen.

On his goal and the cross from Lewington, the young striker added: "I had a feeling he'd put it out to me. We have a bit of a connection like that and as soon as I saw it coming across, there was only one thing on my mind. I want to score goals, I want to be in the mixer and I hope I can keep doing that.

"It was good to get the goal, but we want to win every game so it was disappointing only to draw. It was a tough game for us from the start. Their fans were on our backs and they were up for it massively. But a point is not the worst thing in the world here so we'll take it and move on.

"It's hard to mentally to try and break a side down then they put that many people behind the ball, but as we've shown in recent weeks, we always believe we'll get a chance and it came, luckily enough I took it and we got a point."

Parrott has now played 41 times this season and scored eight goals and provided six assists in a good loan spell in Milton Keynes.

Tonight:

Milton Keynes Dons v Sheffield Wednesday

League One, Sky Sports Football (19:30), Sky Sports Main Event (19:30)

newFile.jpg

Blast from the past-Berahino plays for SW.
MK no 9 Twine has been ropey so far. (Couldn't resist that.)
In fact all their players have been not good. 0-2.

Back
Top Bottom