Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mykonos and fitness ... hmmm :cool:

Always found these "early" pre-season tweets a bit dodgy. Dele did them last summer... where is he now?

There's no need. The result will show when you're in front of the manager in the first day of training, and the fans will notice when you start banging in goals.

Mailbag: Eriksen reunion chances, centre-back hunt and can Spurs win the title?

What are the likely options for loaning out Dane Scarlett, Alfie Devine and Troy Parrott? Would all three be able to get time on teams in the Championship next season? Where do you think would be the best fit for them? — Aaron P.

Eccleshare:
For Parrott, another Championship loan is very much on the cards, with Spurs planning to trigger the one-year extension on his contract to take him to 2024. Swansea City, Middlesbrough, Preston North End and Queens Park Rangers are among the interested clubs. As for who I think would be most suitable for him, he did really well at MK Dons, as part of Liam Manning’s expansive team who made the League One play-offs. That makes me think Norwich City could work quite well, especially given how well Skipp did on loan there in the same division the season before last.

Teemu Pukki has the striker position nailed down but Parrott had a lot of success last season from the flanks and deeper central positions. If you want more on Parrott incidentally, I interviewed him in April and was really impressed by his maturity and thoughtfulness.

For Scarlett and Devine, it may be that League One is deemed more appropriate given their ages and experience levels. Parrott himself, remember, struggled at Championship Millwall two years ago before having that very positive spell one division lower with MK Dons.

Davinson Sanchez, Bryan Gill and newcomer Pape Matar Sarr were among the fittest and led many of the later runs by a distance, but it was Troy Parrott who led the group back in the 42nd and final run of the night.

That was entirely fitting because just hours earlier, at a Tottenham Hotspur Global football development session with young adults from ChildFund Korea, Parrott had told football.london when asked how gruelling Conte's sessions were: "It depends who you ask. I'm quite a good runner naturally, but yeah it's been tough. It's been hard work but it's all preparation."

Sunderland boss Alex Neil is keen to add Parrott to his squad for next season on a season-long loan basis as he accepts a need to provide some additional competition and cover for Ross Stewart.

The Black Cats have made a loan offer to Everton re-sign Nathan Broadhead, but Frank Lampard is reluctant to lose another striker until he has made signings of his own, with the recent departure of Richarlison having left a significant hole in the Toffees’ squad.

Parrott has always been regarded as an attractive alternative option, but Sunderland are now having to sit tight over the Spurs forward as well as Broadhead, with his departure to South Korea having been somewhat unexpected.

Preston and QPR
will provide strong competition if Conte decides to release Parrott, with both clubs having held lodged a loan interest with Spurs officials.

Davinson Sanchez, Bryan Gill and newcomer Pape Matar Sarr were among the fittest and led many of the later runs by a distance, but it was Troy Parrott who led the group back in the 42nd and final run of the night.

That was entirely fitting because just hours earlier, at a Tottenham Hotspur Global football development session with young adults from ChildFund Korea, Parrott had told football.london when asked how gruelling Conte's sessions were: "It depends who you ask. I'm quite a good runner naturally, but yeah it's been tough. It's been hard work but it's all preparation."
That Mykonos training camp did wonders. 30 years going to Mykonos the only exercise I managed was the crawl from Caprice home.

Tottenham stars Harry Kane and Son Heung-min helping to guide young striker Troy Parrott in the next stage of his development after a superb season on loan at MK Dons

60209147-11008727-image-m-28_1657697838485.jpg

Troy Parrott on what Antonio Conte wants from him​

July 13, 2022
by Rudi Kinsella

He is impressing during pre-season.​

Troy Parrott has opened up about what Antonio Conte is asking from him at Spurs, as the Irishman embarks on an intense pre-season regime with the first-team.

Much has been made about the hellish pre-season fitness drills that Conte implements, but it has not been a problem for Parrott, who led the pack in Monday’s session in South Korea.

In an interview with football.london, Parrott opened up about what Conte has been telling him, and what the Italian boss sees as important.

Troy Parrott on Antonio Conte​

“During training he came in and helped me with some little stuff. Just telling me what he wants from the attacking players and that’s all I can ask for really.

“Our position is important for the press. It’s a different energy and then in possession just being an option and being available for players when they’ve got the ball. Making sure I’m there to receive the ball.”

He also outlined one part of his game in particular that he is trying to improve – his physical strength.

He said: “It’s going to come, more physically with age, as you get older. I’m working hard on it. I was working hard in the off-season to try to get more strength and I feel strong, I feel good.”

Troy Parrott’s pre-season​

He also praised Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son, as he feels as though he is learning from the two world class forwards every day.

“From when I first came in as a kid, just to watch them, let alone train with the guys like that day in, day out, was a massive help. Just to see the way they prepare, the way they play on the pitch, just trying to take things in,” he explained. “When I’m curious about stuff I’ll ask and they’re always open people who will do anything to help.”

Whether Parrott goes on loan or stays at Spurs this season remains to be seen, but no matter what it’s good to see him on the radar of those who matter at the club.

Championship loan to gain experience with new contract.

PNE manager Ryan Lowe seems to be attack minded and has managed at Bury, Plymouth and now Preston.

Good preparation for PL in 23/23 with Spurs

Last edited:
PNE played a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-1-2, one of the 2 was normally Cameron Archer who was a villa loanee so a slot has opened up top for a starting striker. Last season Parrott mainly played on the right of a front 3, similar to the Kulusevski role but I think the club would prefer him playing as more of a focal point goal machine rather than a support striker. If he starts, he'll probably be paired up with Emil Riis who got a decent return of 16 goals and 5 assists in the league and was the focal point for PNE last season. Probably a good move, think I would have prefered him as the striker in a front 3 but don't think the club want him pushed out to the wing again. If he can match the numbers of Emil Riis next season then I would guess PNE would probably be close to the playoff spots
Thought I would pop this in here as well as the transfer thread.

PNE played a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-1-2, one of the 2 was normally Cameron Archer who was a Villa loanee so a slot has opened up top for a starting striker.
Last season Parrott mainly played on the right of a front 3, similar to the Kulusevski role but I think the club would prefer him playing as more of a focal point goal machine rather than a support striker.
If he starts, he'll probably be paired up with Emil Riis who got a decent return of 16 goals and 5 assists in the league and was the focal point for PNE last season.
Probably a good move, think I would have preferred him as the striker in a front 3 but don't think the club want him pushed out to the wing again.
If he can match the numbers of Emil Riis next season then I would guess PNE would probably be close to the playoff spots.

Thought I would pop this in here as well as the transfer thread.

PNE played a 3-5-2 or a 3-4-1-2, one of the 2 was normally Cameron Archer who was a Villa loanee so a slot has opened up top for a starting striker.
Last season Parrott mainly played on the right of a front 3, similar to the Kulusevski role but I think the club would prefer him playing as more of a focal point goal machine rather than a support striker.
If he starts, he'll probably be paired up with Emil Riis who got a decent return of 16 goals and 5 assists in the league and was the focal point for PNE last season.
Probably a good move, think I would have preferred him as the striker in a front 3 but don't think the club want him pushed out to the wing again.
If he can match the numbers of Emil Riis next season then I would guess PNE would probably be close to the playoff spots.
White Van Jan White Van Jan
I forgot to mention that the PNE captain, Browne, is a ROI international that has trained and played with Parrott (both he and Parrott scored last month in 3-0 nations league game over Scotland)

There's a few other ROI internationals in the squad so he should have no trouble settling in

Good luck to him

I definitely think there's something there

Biggest problem him and any other young attacking players in our academy will have is the massive shadow cast by Kane

It's highly improbable that we'll ever produce a player of that quality from our academy again but the likes of Parrott & Scarlett are always going to be compared to the great man

Championship loan to gain experience with new contract.

PNE manager Ryan Lowe seems to be attack minded and has managed at Bury, Plymouth and now Preston.

Good preparation for PL in 23/23 with Spurs

This is a really great loan opportunity for Troy. Excellent work by the club in arranging this.

Back
Top Bottom