UEFA Champions League 2023/2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Group A: Bayern Munich, Manchester United, Copenhagen and Galatasaray.

Group B: Sevilla, Woolwich, PSV Eindhoven and Lens.

Group C: Napoli, Real Madrid, SC Braga and Union Berlin.

Group D: Benfica, Inter, Red Bull Salzburg and Real Sociedad.

Group E: Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid, Lazio and Celtic.

Group F: Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Milan and Newcastle United.

Group G: Manchester City, RB Leipzig, Red Star Belgrade and Young Boys.

Group H: Barcelona, Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk and Antwerp.

F43-LqJXQAAXabZ

I hope Newcastle carry on their poor start to the season with their tough games, carry that poor form and dented moral i9n addition to their thin squad depth), into the Champions League to only compound their suffering further.

Dumped out 4th in their group then limp through the back half of the season in middle table.

Only for FFP sanctions to cuck their filthy plans. (ok, this last part was fantasy)
Rather them dumped out with 4th or finish 3rd and go in to Europa so they have more games?

Last edited:
Rather than dumped out with 4th or finish 3rd and go in to Europa so they have more games?

They might enjoy a run in the Europa knock out stages.

I don't want them to enjoy watching their side. They will be hyped up hosting those big teams at the Sports Direct arena - so hopefully concede early goals and knock the stuffing out of them.

God help us. There was something comforting to know that the only real conspiracy theory that could arise from a CL draw was whether the balls were either ice cold or very hot when they were waiting to be picked out by some celebrity. The theory being particularly prevalent when your team got the group of death.

I can’t even begin to think how many conspiracy theories are going to be created once fans realise that the draw will be in the hands of computer programmers etc. Especially if the contract is won by The Post Office or Siemens.

Why? They almost got knocked out by Porto.

Different pressures when it comes to the CL, plus they are away in the 2nd leg as well - gonna be tough.

Because I think they're much better than Bayern Munich.

Doesn't matter about almost. They got through and that's all that matters.

Woolwich will rip this Bayern team apart. Unless of course they sit back, frustrate Woolwich and look to counter with Kane. Which I doubt they'll do.

Either way, City or Madrid do beat this Woolwich team so no real worries.

Would be shocked if Woolwich got knocked out to this Bayern team tbh.

However, if they don't, they would play Madrid or City just 3 or so days before they play us at the Lane.
I think form and reputation mostly goes out the window once you reach the QF of the Champions League.

Because I think they're much better than Bayern Munich.

Doesn't matter about almost. They got through and that's all that matters.

Woolwich will rip this Bayern team apart. Unless of course they sit back, frustrate Woolwich and look to counter with Kane. Which I doubt they'll do.

Either way, City or Madrid do beat this Woolwich team so no real worries.
I get what your saying but as much as i hate to say it teams like Bayern and Real Madrid are what you call Champions league pedigree, they live for the Knock out games and their league form means nothing when it comes to the CL! I predict a close home leg and then Bayern will tear them apart at Home,
It will be even sweeter though when its a Harry Kane hat trick knocks them out! :kaneshh:

Some of you may have blotted out the memory, but it's not the first time we have relied on Bayern to do us a solid ...
Last time I nearly kicked the TV in. This time I will not be watching, just praying that Harry does the business, as it will just be a good spectator sport. Fuck the 5th spot, fuck them off back to Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom