Unstoppable force (Watford) vs Immovable object (Spurs) Sunday 2 September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are people gonna melt after every loss? Results like this will happen every season bar none.

We've won 3 out of 4, including a win over our rivals, away from home. We've also got 3 away games out the way. Considering how good we are at home, a pretty solid start.

Don't let the melting horsenoshers' change that fact.

Are people gonna melt after every loss? Results like this will happen every season bar none.

We've won 3 out of 4, including a win over our rivals, away from home. We've also got 3 away games out the way. Considering how good we are at home, a pretty solid start.

But it hurts so bad :(! Nah, it is just annoying when there is such a long break between games. I really want the next game after a loss to come straight away.. now we have to endure internationals.. and I still don't get the concept of it!

But it hurts so bad :(! Nah, it is just annoying when there is such a long break between games. I really want the next game after a loss to come straight away.. now we have to endure internationals.. and I still don't get the concept of it!
Yea, always hated this break.

Yea, it's an annoying loss but that's football. You cannot win 38 games a season as some expect. We could win 37 in a row and lose the last and the noshers would still be blaming the previous window for it.

Yea, it's an annoying loss but that's football. You cannot win 38 games a season as some expect. We could win 37 in a row and lose the last and the noshers would still be blaming the previous window for it.

Haha, best to get a loss out the way so Poch can kick some arse I say!

Would much rather lose to Watford than United or Liverpool.

Maybe, like Eriksen , he's disillusioned with our embarrising lack of ambition in the summer transfer window. Maybe, maybe not.
I'm just putting it out there.

Runs for cover

Got quotes from Eriksen?
Like he's gonna come right out and say our transfer activity sucks.
And get the same treatment that Danny Rose got!

Read my post again, lad.
I said maybe. Which means it's a possibility, but not a definately.
I was just putting it out there as a possible reason for his poor form.

The forum psychotic strikes once more

The loss by itself doesn’t bother me that much, but coupled with the fact that the second 1/2 of the Man U game was all I’ve seen so far that resembles top 4 or better, does bother me.

It is not the loss, it is the manner of it. Any other argument is just an excuse and escape from reality.

A loss against manure or watford is a loss with equal hurt.

Play well and lose is acceptable but play rubbish and lose against Watford or whoever is not. I think we haven't lost to this lot since 1984.

3 points less.

Last season, we lost against city home 3-1 but no complaint because they were the better team but the draw against Burnley home, SF loss and Juve loss did hurt.

Like he's gonna come right out and say our transfer activity sucks.
And get the same treatment that Danny Rose got!

Read my post again, lad.
I said maybe. Which means it's a possibility, but not a definately.
I was just putting it out there as a possible reason for his poor form.

The forum psychotic strikes once more
Weirdest post

3 CBs did work, the proof we did not concede from free play.

Conceding 2 goals from set plays was terrible.

Even worse we could not score at the other end. A lucky own goal but would have been happy of it was the winning goal.

Maybe, like Eriksen , he's disillusioned with our embarrising lack of ambition in the summer transfer window. Maybe, maybe not.
I'm just putting it out there.

Runs for cover

Maybe. Just maybe. Maybe Eriksen is happy that we kept together a squad who have been so successful and who have only gotten better. Maybe he's happy that he plays with one of the best strikers in world football week in week out. Maybe he's happy that he plays beside one of the most promising English players since Gazza. Maybe he's happy that he plays in front of one of the best defenders in world football. Maybe he's happy that he has one of the best keepers in the world between the sticks. And maybe he's happy that he plays with one of the best footballers to come out of Asia ever. Or maybe he's pissed off that we didn't sign Ronaldo or whatever it is you're bitching about now.

Here's the facts though John, all you do is assume everyone on our team should think like you. Yet as things stand we have improved year upon year, despite how Levy and Joe Lewis have "failed" this great club in your eyes. Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda though, we were clearly much better off under Alan Sugar.

Really? You were one of Danny's biggest abusers when he spoke out. Cunt, Snake, and a few other choice insults come to mind.
And you claim to support our players. Some support.
Even weirder post.

Just saying anything that comes to your head?

I thought we were talking about you reading Christian Eriksen's mind and making up hypotheticals to back yourself up? You qualify it that you said maybe. So as long as you say maybe you can make up absolutely any scenario a player may be involved in? Maybe Christian got no nookie the night before the games he played poorly in? I said maybe, so it's a possibility, so I can use it as an excuse, right?

Clownshoe.

What's Danny Rose got to do with anything anyway?

3 CBs did work, the proof we did not concede from free play.

Conceding 2 goals from set plays was terrible.

Even worse we could not score at the other end. A lucky own goal but would have been happy of it was the winning goal.
Watch our goal again, don't look for contact of the ball from Eriksen, you can't see it but keep your eye on the ball, it's clear it changes direction, the spin on the ball is altered. It therefore means it's Eriksen's goal.

Got to feel sorry for him A) I doubt he felt it as it came off a stud B) I doubt both he or the club thought it was worth claiming it given the media and rival fan backlash of Kane's legitimate claim last season.

Back
Top Bottom