USA Pre-Season Tour

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Americans, how much does it cost to fly from LA to NY? Had a quick look and it looks like you can drive from NY to baltimore, and saw baltimore is just outside washington, can you spend a day in washington?

Thats not too bad, i googled it hoping theyd be close and saw that they couldn't have been any further away! 1 and a half days of straight driving they reckoned it would take!

I'm sure the nations capital can provide more than a days seeing. If it was me I would go all out and visit the War Memorial in Arlington aswel as DCs best pig out spots 'Man vs Food' style.

Parents are going Washington DC then Boston over two weeks early May, wish I had money or could stand to go on a holiday with them.

What's up with the NYRB tickets? My flatmate is from NY, but it seems you can only buy a three-pack of tickets including other games.

eggsoakley said:
I'm sure the nations capital can provide more than a days seeing. If it was me I would go all out and visit the War Memorial in Arlington aswel as DCs best pig out spots 'Man vs Food' style.

Parents are going Washington DC then Boston over two weeks early May, wish I had money or could stand to go on a holiday with them.
you've probably got like two weeks of sightseeing in the smithsonian alone just skimming through it :baletroll:

HarryHotspur said:
Thats not too bad, i googled it hoping theyd be close and saw that they couldn't have been any further away! 1 and a half days of straight driving they reckoned it would take!

LA to NYC is about 2700 miles so you've probably got the right idea about flying! With gas costs and such, it's probably not a huge price difference unless you're traveling with others. But you would see some cool stuff along the way.

And you can easily stay in Washington DC and travel to Baltimore from there. Not a bad drive in the least. As long as you avoid traffic it should take less than an hour. You can also take a train from DC to Baltimore (as well as from NYC...it's generally all along the same corridor). I believe it would dump you off about 2 miles from the stadium.

I'd also suggest going to a Baltimore Orioles (baseball) game for those visiting from far away places if you're looking for something relaxing to do. There's even a game at night after Spurs v. Liverpool and the two stadiums are right next to each other.

If anybody has any questions about the eastern leg of the tour, feel free to hit me up. I grew up about 30 miles from Red Bull Arena and I currently live about 15-20 mins from DC and less than an hour from Baltimore.

eggsoakley said:

There are days upon days of things to see in DC. So many museums and such. I've been in the area for a few years and still have yet to see all I want to see.

DCspurs said:
You can also take a train from DC to Baltimore (as well as from NYC...it's generally all along the same corridor). I believe it would dump you off about 2 miles from the stadium.

I'd also suggest going to a Baltimore Orioles (baseball) game for those visiting from far away places if you're looking for something relaxing to do. There's even a game at night after Spurs v. Liverpool and the two stadiums are right next to each other.

If you take the MARC train from DC to Baltimore it has a stop at Camden Yards(The baseball stadium) and only costs like $10. Though you'd save that $10 and then some on hotel costs by staying in Baltimore rather than DC.

Did anyone else see that Chelsea play against AC Milan in DC on the same day? I'd rather watch my lowly Baltimore Orioles baseball team than Chelscum however.

pdxspur said:
Did anyone else see that Chelsea play against AC Milan in DC on the same day? I'd rather watch my lowly Baltimore Orioles baseball team than Chelscum however.

I may have an extra ticket or two now...I got my Chelsea friend to commit to coming to see us the other day and bought a ticket for him.

I just saw an article that its not necessarily Chelsea v. Milan but that both will be playing that day...apparently its a doubleheader feature with DC United and another team TBA also partaking. That's pretty awful to have what looks to be 3 awesome games on the same day. Spread it out ffs. We have to suffer through the MLS enough that we shouldn't have these games played concurrently.

DCspurs said:
pdxspur said:

I may have an extra ticket or two now...I got my Chelsea friend to commit to coming to see us the other day and bought a ticket for him.

I just saw an article that its not necessarily Chelsea v. Milan but that both will be playing that day...apparently its a doubleheader feature with DC United and another team TBA also partaking. That's pretty awful to have what looks to be 3 awesome games on the same day. Spread it out ffs. We have to suffer through the MLS enough that we shouldn't have these games played concurrently.

F me. yeah i might have an extra ticket for sure. my friend nearly shit himself when i told him chelsea was playing here with milan and dc united...its rumored the 4th team might be juventus. im in row 1 of section 548. don't have tickets available for sure yet, but stay tuned...

For any Spurs fans coming to DC, I am a professional DC tour guide. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about your visit. I don't get to talk to all that many Spurs fans, so I'd be excited to hear from you.

I work for a company that offers free tours where the guides work for tips. That means the guides all have to be pretty good. You can find information about the tours at http://www.dcbyfoot.com. We do Monuments, Arlington Cemetary and a Lincoln Assassination tour among other things. It's a good way to see a lot of the city. If you let me know when you'll be in town, I'll let you know which of the tours I'm running. I give discounts to BAE, proper Spurs fans and a healthy Aaron Lennon. :)

There is a ton to see in Washington, and all the Smithsonian museums are free and open to the public, so give yourself some time here.

If any other Fighting Cock fans want to get tickets together in Fan section, let me know. I'd love to meet up with you. I'll take my wife, but she will feel embarrassed when I start singing.

Christopher
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom