VAR / Officiating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Things that annoy you in football Part 21,058...

Captains whining and moaning and running after referees, then pointing to their armbands as if that were a Get Out of Jail Free card that allowed you to act the cunt.

Dean confirming what a crap ref he was and that refs bottle decisions to save themselves grief afterwards.

Didn’t get that decision in the penalty area in front of the Kop? Yeah, the ref didn’t fancy the earache after the game.

Refs then wonder why nobody respects them.

Still haven't met anybody who actually wants or likes VAR. I refuse to engage with red shirt plastics so no idea what they think.

At this point it would take a pretty good argument to convince me it isn't there to aid in match fixing in order to protect the product/ensure key results aren't left up to the players.

Everyone thought the refs were bent pre-VAR so no change there

One of the biggest steps they could take is making the whole thing transparent and sticking microphones on everyone

The recent comments and matey culture of the officials has just thrown petrol on all the conspiracies

Uh yes. VAR IS the idiots that are using it. You don't think some computer decides, do you?

It's an ASSISTANT REFEREE with a video screen. So, I repeat - VAR must go.
And then back to obvious offsides not being given and getting angry about that.

Until they sort out these blurred images where they are trying to get decisions down to millimetres, it is all a load of bollox. They are just guessing whether a blurred defenders knee is in front of an attackers blurred foot.

But the fundamental thing for me is where and when they freeze the frame. When they see the ball moves it is already far too late and probably 15 frames behind.

Get those refs to officiate in the UK first and foremost. Common fucking sense.

Best, richest league doesn't have the elite refs of the world cos the PGMOL is a fucking scam and a self-preserving boys club much like The FA itself.

Things that annoy you in football Part 21,058...

Captains whining and moaning and running after referees, then pointing to their armbands as if that were a Get Out of Jail Free card that allowed you to act the cunt.

Bruno being one of the worst imv

Definitely dodged a bullet there if the transfer stories are true

I don't know why this story isn't front page everywhere?????

He's basically saying he makes refereeing decisions based on how he feels and the impact on him and his mates.

Fuck the impact on you and your mates - you're supposed to be there to make the correct decision, not to make the decision which is going to give you the least grief and an easier life.

Unbelievable

Uh no. Dean’s comments basically support that the people using it are complete idiots.

Offsides is a problem but I’m pretty sure only the PL is using those dumb lines.
Uh yes. VAR IS the idiots that are using it. You don't think some computer decides, do you?

It's an ASSISTANT REFEREE with a video screen. So, I repeat - VAR must go.

And then back to obvious offsides not being given and getting angry about that.
When accurate and speedy tech can be used, I'll be all for 'Hawkeye style' offside decisions. They will be as welcomed by me as the excellent goal-line tech. But the current bollocks? Nah.

Unironically this.

The lesser of two evils. By FAR the lesser of two evils.
Absolutely - I'd rather have a moan about an incorrect offside decision, made by a human being in a fraction of a second, than accept that someoene's left knee hair is in advance of someone else's bruise on his arse, when they're 20 metres apart and are being judged by 20pt bitmap lines worthy of Photoshop 4 in 1996, being drawn by Mike Dean (who doesn't want to be there anyway) and his Mates.

Well yes - ideally I'd do away with the entire farce that is VAR interaction. Two wrongs don't make a right, as is proven every single weekend.

I'm was anti VAR before it was brought in. Now; I'm pro-VAR as i can see that it SHOULD work..... I just think they're doing a shit job of it.

Back
Top Bottom