VAR / Officiating

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get those refs to officiate in the UK first and foremost. Common fucking sense.

Best, richest league doesn't have the elite refs of the world cos the PGMOL is a fucking scam and a self-preserving boys club much like The FA itself.

Things that annoy you in football Part 21,058...

Captains whining and moaning and running after referees, then pointing to their armbands as if that were a Get Out of Jail Free card that allowed you to act the cunt.

Still the people, rather than the 'pooters, that's the problem.

Last edited:
Seeing and hearing the conversations would certainly promote clarity and transparency. It wouldn't necessarily correct all errors, but it would allow us into the thoughts behind decisions. I'm all for it.

It would also keep player behaviour in line if they were aware they could be heard on tv.

Seems to me the only downside is the refs being held accountable for their decision making

Things that annoy you in football Part 21,058...

Captains whining and moaning and running after referees, then pointing to their armbands as if that were a Get Out of Jail Free card that allowed you to act the cunt.

Bruno being one of the worst imv

Definitely dodged a bullet there if the transfer stories are true

Seeing and hearing the conversations would certainly promote clarity and transparency. It wouldn't necessarily correct all errors, but it would allow us into the thoughts behind decisions. I'm all for it.

Thing is; using the W-WC final as an example.... It didn't prevent any further debate over the Spanish handball claim..... All it really does is calm the fans inside the stadium until they get hone and see the replays.

Fundamentally, the decision making needs to be consistent and punished where appropriate.

Also; do away with the fucking pitch-side monitor bullshit.

Lastly if you have to spend 5 mins reviewing an incident in slow motion then it's not a "clear & obv" error... See Brentford/Son penalty.

Last edited:
Thing is; using the W-WC final as an example.... It didn't prevent any further debate over the Spanish handball claim..... All it really does is calm the fans inside the stadium until they get hone and see the replays.

Fundamentally, the consistency of decision making needs to be the same and punished where appropriate.

Also; do away with the fucking pitch-side monitor bullshit.

Lastly if you have to spend 5 mins reviewing a challenge in slow motion then it's not a "cleat & obv" error... See Brentford/Son penalty.
Well yes - ideally I'd do away with the entire farce that is VAR interaction. Two wrongs don't make a right, as is proven every single weekend.

Well yes - ideally I'd do away with the entire farce that is VAR interaction. Two wrongs don't make a right, as is proven every single weekend.

I'm was anti VAR before it was brought in. Now; I'm pro-VAR as i can see that it SHOULD work..... I just think they're doing a shit job of it.

You'd be creating a monster in the non-refereeing body.

The idea that a referee cannot be relied upon and accountable for officiating the game as they've done for 200 years is just nonsense.

That’s not what I said. You have the current on pitch referees and then you just train up and appoint a whole new set of refs solely for VAR. People who’ve never worked with each other before. Then there’s no conflict of interest likes what’s happened ever since it was brought in.

That’s not what I said. You have the current on pitch referees and then you just train up and appoint a whole new set of refs solely for VAR. People who’ve never worked with each other before. Then there’s no conflict of interest likes what’s happened ever since it was brought in.
Just ditch var, it is and always will be shit

Back
Top Bottom