Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was a strong advocate for it initially as I thought it'd be used sparingly to eradicate the real howlers; not to forensically analyse milimetre offsides and every minor fucking infringement.

Personally, I'd bin the whole thing now and just learn to live with the ref cock-ups, no matter how awful.

For me, it’s not even the decisions that anger me. It’s the time they take to get to those decisions.

We’re all sat in the stadium or on our sofas wondering what the hell’s going on for at least 5 minutes.

It's been done to us many times this season,

Ayew Handball
Maddison non pen against Sheffield Utd
Nketiah foul on Vicario
Son's foul that led to a pen against Brentford

etc...

We've just been good enough to make sure they don't become a story.

Agree but based on the way we have been reffed since Liverpool, it hasn’t done us any favours to leave the PGMOL to go how they like.

Need to play the same game and the club come out and put some more pressure on them. Otherwise we will just get quietly fucked and lose out to clubs that make noise and put pressure on

Why did they raise the flag for Sons goal?

Aren’t they meant to let it go and check after?

Those lines looked fishy.

Fuck any system that takes away that goal for such a minimal decision.

Shafted by the corrupt cunts again. In City’s pocket

The balance of the rules seems to swing the wrong way.

Repeated fouls, hand balls, simulation yielding not so much as a talking too, yet dare kick the ball away or wave an imaginary card and your taking an early shower.

A few tweaks to the rules can speed the game up.

- Allow free kicks, corners, throws to be taken immediately; ref cannot delay and wait for everyone to 'get ready' - If your team wants to surround the ref - fine, but now you are out of position.

- Take a leaf out of the AFL book. Don't stop for injuries. Play continues, player treated on pitch. You will suddenly see a lot less players rolling around on the floor.

It should there be remembered that had there been no VAR, the result would have been 1-2 with us down to 10 men. Romero might well have got one in the later review.

Of course (as sci-fi and alternate time line fans know), the game would have played out differently at each stage, which might have gone in our favour or not, there's no way of knowing, but strictly in terms of on-field decisions it would have been as I say.

Agree but based on the way we have been reffed since Liverpool, it hasn’t done us any favours to leave the PGMOL to go how they like.

Need to play the same game and the club come out and put some more pressure on them. Otherwise we will just get quietly fucked and lose out to clubs that make noise and put pressure on

From the managers comments post match that's probably the last thing that will happen.

Putting pressure on refs and the PL just sets an excuse culture throughout the club, leave that to others.

people here were loving it Saturday night though, I did say then that it and the premier league officials are the worse standard. But no one wanted to hear it because it happened against Woolwich.

The officiating standard in this league is absolutely garbage, for and against us.

just a few instances of inconsistency that really annoyed me was sterling diving, no card. But Bissouma sent off. I said back at the time that most dives do not get carded
What's that over the counter average count called? Gallagher? he kicked the ball away early in the first half when we had a free kick...nothing, no card
Elbow from James, no necessarily a red but often a yellow card

is clown college every week across all the games

Why did they raise the flag for Sons goal?

Aren’t they meant to let it go and check after?

Those lines looked fishy.

Fuck any system that takes away that goal for such a minimal decision.

Shafted by the corrupt cunts again. In City’s pocket
Also the alternate angle from the other side of the pitch. Never seen that done before.

Michael Oliver refused to give Kovacic his marching orders in the Gooner scum vs City game despite already commiting a tackle before that could have easily been a red.

The same Michael Oliver had no problems doing that with Udogie.

people here were loving it Saturday night though, I did say then that it and the premier league officials are the worse standard. But no one wanted to hear it because it happened against Woolwich.

The officiating standard in this league is absolutely garbage, for and against us.

just a few instances of inconsistency that really annoyed me was sterling diving, no card. But Bissouma sent off. I said back at the time that most dives do not get carded
What's that over the counter average count called? Gallagher? he kicked the ball away early in the first half when we had a free kick...nothing, no card
Elbow from James, no necessarily a red but often a yellow card

is clown college every week across all the games

They were hunting for a chance to fuck us with Bissouma because of all the Liverpool noise.

At best they play to the narratives to try and take the heat of themselves. At worst they are just blatantly corrupt.

I try to believe it’s the best one but from what we’ve seen this season, and the fact so many of them have ties to reffing in Saudi, its getting harder and harder to avoid the conclusion they are bent.

Never seen a stretch of consistent decisions like we’ve had since the Liverpool game.

Just imagine that game was shown to people ten years ago…. 25 mins added time, stop start no flow, constant forensic analysis with the fucking dweeb officials front and centre of the entire game. No way would anyone advocate VAR

That game should be a case study for urgent reform. It’s completely changed the game

Back
Top Bottom