Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doubt it, he's got a beautiful head of hair.......but I think he dyes it, although he swears blind he doesn't.
He lied. It's dyed.

kio2NQc.jpg

Soooo happy football is back! Nice 5.30 kick off on the telly will do nicely for me.

I have watched 2 villa pre-season games, and they looked very good in both (particularly RB leipzig). Anyone who thinks they are coming to sit back is in for a big shock, they have ALOT of energy in midfield and I honestly think they will surprise a few this season.

I'm actually glad we are catching them before their team has had a time to gel because it means we should really be spanking them to be honest.

I'm secretly hoping for Eriksen to get his head down and work until January, but if he is acting like a prick then I guess we can't play him Saturday.

A midfield with winks at the base and Ndombele/Eriksen either side literally has everything. Major creativity, Physicality & to top it all off they can pass accurately and quickly.

Could be a good game for Lamela aswell I suppose. Either way whoever lines up, I would just like a clean home victory to get us kicked off with the season. PLEASE NO INJURIES :avbpray:

Will be the same as started last weekend imo

----------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker-Peters Sanchez Vertonghen Rose
-----------Sissoko Winks Ndombele--------
---------------------Lamela-------------------
-------------------Lucas Kane---------------

[FORMATION=4321,LLORIS,AURIER,ALDERWEIRELD,VERTONGHEN,ROSE,
SISSOKO,WINKS,NDOMBELE,ERIKSEN,LUCAS,KANE][/FORMATION]

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters
Sanchez
Skipp
Lo Celso
Lamela
Parrott

Not sure if Davies. Dier, Wanyama and Aurier are fit, if Serge isn't switch KWP in and out Tanganga on the bench.

Going into a PL season with Davies, Foyth, Dier, Wanyama, Aurier, Sessegnon & Dele injured already and Son suspended. 8 absentees and we haven't even kicked a ball. Classic Tottenham.

[FORMATION=4321,LLORIS,AURIER,ALDERWEIRELD,VERTONGHEN,ROSE,
SISSOKO,WINKS,NDOMBELE,ERIKSEN,LUCAS,KANE][/FORMATION]

Gazzaniga
Walker-Peters
Sanchez
Skipp
Lo Celso
Lamela
Parrott

Not sure if Davies. Dier, Wanyama and Aurier are fit, if Serge isn't switch KWP in and out Tanganga on the bench.

Going into a PL season with Davies, Foyth, Dier, Wanyama, Aurier, Sessegnon & Dele injured already and Son suspended. 8 absentees and we haven't even kicked a ball. Classic Tottenham.

What about my Mate Sonny? Did we sell him? :pochsulk:

Right, back to the football!

Hope we go with this line-up.

----Hugo----
KWP-Toby-Jan-Rose
Sissoko-Winks-Ndombele
Eriksen-Kane-Lucas

Need to get off to a good start although it won't be an easy game. The Land should be buzzing and no white shirt with a blue stain, nice!

Shame my away shirt wasnt delivered, not even been sent out yet at least it wasn't when I checked yesterday. A bit shit really.

Well this guy gets post of the thread

"Spurs go to 2 up after 15 mins, loads of smug fuckers as we start 'doing a Fulham', we pull 1 back before HT, awww cute little gallant Aston Villa making a game of it. We rattle in another 5 in the second half with no reply, their big screen goes blank from the shock of it as we make Spurs look like the side just promoted and out of their depth, "even your telly's shit" rings out from the away end.

Fuck 'em all, we're back."

I think we go with this:

----------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker-Peters Sanchez Vertonghen Rose
-----------Sissoko Winks Ndombele--------
---------------------Lamela-------------------
-------------------Lucas Kane---------------

We're playing Villa, not Man City. I want open and attacking football tomorrow.

Maybe a 3-4-3 formation with Toby, Dave and Jan at the back. Need to encorporate Ndombele in from the start. Lo Celso off the bench.
It's nice to have to make choices rather than the team pick itself.

We're playing Villa, not Man City. I want open and attacking football tomorrow.

Maybe a 3-4-3 formation with Toby, Dave and Jan at the back. Need to encorporate Ndombele in from the start. Lo Celso off the bench.
It's nice to have to make choices rather than the team pick itself.
3 at the back produces our most turgid football.

If you're after attack, that's 4231 for us.

Back
Top Bottom