Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't be an easy game either way. Smith is a very good coach and he has a very hard working team. Their midfield is so busy that they won't give us one bit of rest, especially with it being their first game back in the big time, on television and in one of the best stadiums in the world.

I'd worry about Sissoko in a fixture like this. Not good enough technically and likely to be pounced upon by the tenacious Villa midfield.

Ndombele and Winks certainties in the middle, wonder if 4231 would be a smart choice to try and force Villa to have one of their midfield 3 a little deeper to combat our attack as opposed to crowding out our centre.

Won't be an easy game either way. Smith is a very good coach and he has a very hard working team. Their midfield is so busy that they won't give us one bit of rest, especially with it being their first game back in the big time, on television and in one of the best stadiums in the world.

I'd worry about Sissoko in a fixture like this. Not good enough technically and likely to be pounced upon by the tenacious Villa midfield.

Ndombele and Winks certainties in the middle, wonder if 4231 would be a smart choice to try and force Villa to have one of their midfield 3 a little deeper to combat our attack as opposed to crowding out our centre.
Would you play Eriksen at this point?

Would you play Eriksen at this point?

If he's 100% switched on, head down and willing to put all his effort in, yes.

His creativity in a game like this would be crucial. Technically our best player and him with Ndombele and Winks would make it a real tough game for Villa in the middle of the park especially.

Bi7NsR9_d.jpg

All fair points but if we’re going to be title contenders, this a match that we should make look easy.

Spurs home to a newly promoted villa team. Most probably meeting each other on the pitch for the first time

Must win game

Virtually Every game is a must win. Lose in your first game and you’ve already dropped 20% of the 15 points I think you can afford to drop to win the EPL.

I really worry about our defence, we haven't strengthened it and it leaks goals.

I can see some silly dropped points being the thorn in our side. I worry about Hugo, KWP, Sanchez and Foyth.

I wouldn't start Eriksen personally, I don't think he looked good against Inter. He was misplacing passes then flapping his arms at the others as if it was their fault, and he kept drifting out of position. He didn't look like his heart was in it.
Having said that though, if he's playing for a move he may play and train better to make himself shine. I'm sure Poch will know better than us what his attitude is like.

All fair points but if we’re going to be title contenders, this a match that we should make look easy.

Spurs home to a newly promoted villa team. Most probably meeting each other on the pitch for the first time

Guess we'll see how well Liverpool do against a newly promoted team tonight. One, we could say, who are better than Villa.

Could we see Aurier? Do I even want to see Aurier? I just don't know any more :harryhmm:

Personally, I just want to see a right back given a lengthy run in the team instead of chopping and changing for league games.

We need to be switched on for this, Villa really have nothing to lose and will give it everything they have to try and impress on their first day in the league.

We have to kill them off early. Going for 3-1 to us, Kane with a brace and Lucas with the third.

Back
Top Bottom