Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. a freshly promoted side, who weren't even the best side in the championship. We need to come out the blocks and absolutely fly at them. An early goal in the first 20 mins or so and we convincingly sweep them aside.

As a side note, I'm getting cunted tomorrow, been on best behaviour all summer as the missus has a bun in the over, but tomorrow, I'm going to be a dribbling mess. COYS!!!
Congratulations, better be baking a little future Spurs player there, will need some more home grown talents in the future:)

Guess we'll see how well Liverpool do against a newly promoted team tonight. One, we could say, who are better than Villa.

Personally, I just want to see a right back given a lengthy run in the team instead of chopping and changing for league games.
Couldn’t agree more, I think both serve and KWP have the attributes to make themselves first choice, but they also have the short comings to ruin their chances.

I’m hoping Poch still has some of that old fullback magic left in him. Still remember the transformation of rose and walker under him being astronomical. . .

Not ideal is it. Lacking a bit with those outs. Reason I would have liked one or two more in during the window, but you can't sign everyone. Think GLC might make the squad given that

Not bothered personally.

Think our youth are more than good enough to sit on a bench and if needed, come off the bench and perform.

Really looking forward to this. Can't take Villa lightly but confident we'll win well. In fact, with real tough away games at City and Scum before the international break, nothing less than a win is acceptable. COYS!

Not bothered personally.

Think our youth are more than good enough to sit on a bench and if needed, come off the bench and perform.
As long as the right youth are picked, absolutely. Should be picking the most talented ones in the position required. Really happy that white, roles, tanganga, Parrott and Skipp seem to be the furthest along

Well this guy gets post of the thread

"Spurs go to 2 up after 15 mins, loads of smug fuckers as we start 'doing a Fulham', we pull 1 back before HT, awww cute little gallant Aston Villa making a game of it. We rattle in another 5 in the second half with no reply, their big screen goes blank from the shock of it as we make Spurs look like the side just promoted and out of their depth, "even your telly's shit" rings out from the away end.

Fuck 'em all, we're back."

We were singing 'Even your telly's shit' when Bale scored that hat-trick at Villa Park.

This fella has let that eat away at him for seven fucking years.

I hope we batter them and this div ends up crying.

As long as the right youth are picked, absolutely. Should be picking the most talented ones in the position required. Really happy that white, roles, tanganga, Parrott and Skipp seem to be the furthest along

Quite likely Skipp and Parrott will be on the bench at the weekend.

Would be great for them to get some game time.

Quite likely Skipp and Parrott will be on the bench at the weekend.

Would be great for them to get some game time.

With 8 players unavailable through injury Sessegnon, Aurier,Davies,Dier,Wanyama, Foyth, Dele pus the suspended Son , and I doubt if Lo Celso is fit enough to start ( probably on bench ,? ) As he's only been ingraining with Betis for 2 weeks, I think we will see a couple of other youth on the bench too maybe White for example and will also see N'Koudou.

With 8 players unavailable through injury Sessegnon, Aurier,Davies,Dier,Wanyama, Foyth, Dele pus the suspended Son , and I doubt if Lo Celso is fit enough to start ( probably on bench ,? ) As he's only been ingraining with Betis for 2 weeks, I think we will see a couple of other youth on the bench too maybe White for example and will also see N'Koudou.

Think we'll probably see:

Gazzaniga
Sanchez
Aurier
Skipp
Eriksen/Lamela
NKoudou
Parrott

I thought the latest news from the club was that Aurier, Dier and Wanyama are all available for selection?

Think we'll probably see:

Gazzaniga
Sanchez
Aurier
Skipp
Eriksen/Lamela
NKoudou
Parrott

Stronger bench than I was thinking.

Hasn't Aurier only just returned from AFCON and mandatory to offer 3 weeks leave after so probably hasn't had a full preseason yet ? Similar to Lo Celso with Copa America.

If so either both are fit enough for a Poch bench or neither.

Didn't the new chaps need to be registered before midday yesterday if they were to be selected this weekend?

Think it's midday today - pointless to have s registration deadline whilst window open

Anyway Ndombele has been here a month so will be registered not sure if Lo Celso is fit enough for bench so probably academic

With 8 players unavailable through injury Sessegnon, Aurier, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Foyth, Dele pus the suspended Son , and I doubt if Lo Celso is fit enough to start ( probably on bench ,? ) As he's only been ingraining with Betis for 2 weeks, I think we will see a couple of other youth on the bench too maybe White for example and will also see N'Koudou.
BARE BONES!!

Mind you... "Dele pus" sounds a bit yucky.... an infected cyst maybe?? :deledoubt:

Stronger bench than I was thinking.

Hasn't Aurier only just returned from AFCON and mandatory to offer 3 weeks leave after so probably hasn't had a full preseason yet ? Similar to Lo Celso with Copa America.

If so either both are fit enough for a Poch bench or neither.

Just think we'll have some kind of full back cover on the bench. Though we could quite easily play a midfield 2 and have Sissoko on the bench as potential right back cover..

Back
Top Bottom