Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

certainly last two are back in training - doesn't mean they are match fit though

See my comment on last post re Aurier just back from AFCON

Yes very true re Aurier. And therefore we won't see him.

This is from the Spurs App:

Eric Dier and Victor Wanyama have returned to full training with the squad ahead of Saturday's Premier League opener against Aston Villa.

The midfield pair have been sidelined during pre-season but are back in the frame as we prepare to take on newly-promoted Villa at the new stadium (5.30pm)

Agree that it's unlikely they'll be selected however.

This won't be easy. Need to go into it with full focus and ready to rock n' roll. Villa will be fired up.
The team will be locked in, but as fans I think we should treat Villa with as much disdain as possible.

Fuck them. They had to get in through the playoff like a bunch of fucking fuckers. They fucking suck and they're going to get creamed. It's going to be 3-0 at HT and Kane's going to get a hat-trick in a 5-1 fucking rout.

Fuck Villa.

Don't think we have to worry about Champo level players.
Villa are a good side with a good manager and have strengthened significantly. I honestly think they could be this season's wolves.

BUT! I do think we should be beating them comfortably if we don't fuck around, especially since for most of their signings this is their first competitive game playing together.

Mc Ginn & Grealish is a good midfield.

I know Villa have added quite a few players but I watched their playoff against Derby and honestly Villa looked pretty shit. It was only cause Derby were even shittier than Villa managed to get promoted. I know they had a good run down the stretch though.

They've also brought in a ton of players and I like them to do a Fulham this year. Not to say it'll be a walk in the park tomorrow and they don't have good players. Just not super impressed by them but anything can happen.

I think we'll see a diamond...

------------Lloris-----------
KWP - Toby - Jan - Rose
------------Winks----------
---Ndombele - Sissoko---
-----------Eriksen----------
--------Lucas - Kane-------

It's a bit harsh on Lamela and if Poch doesn't think Eriksen is up to it we could see Lamela there.

Villa are a good side with a good manager and have strengthened significantly. I honestly think they could be this season's wolves.

BUT! I do think we should be beating them comfortably if we don't fuck around, especially since for most of their signings this is their first competitive game playing together.

Mc Ginn & Grealish is a good midfield.
Saying this more to needle Sausage because he's been on it a bit lately.

But yes, I think the players respect the opposition.

That doesn't mean I have to.

:lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh:

Just think we'll have some kind of full back cover on the bench. Though we could quite easily play a midfield 2 and have Sissoko on the bench as potential right back cover..

Could also have Harvey White on bench to cover LB ( as he did well at in preseason) and CM/DM ( his usual position). So if Sissoko was required mid march to switch to RB we have a CM to come on in his place - as well as Skipp.

Problem with Aurier is that if he had not had preseason due to AFCON think he will be limited to 30 mins playing time, so an early injury for us becomes a problem as sending Aurier risks a 2nd injury

Could also have Harvey White on bench to cover LB ( as he did well at in preseason) and CM/DM ( his usual position). So if Sissoko was required mid march to switch to RB we have a CM to come on in his place - as well as Skipp.

Problem with Aurier is that if he had not had preseason due to AFCON think he will be limited to 30 mins playing time, so an early injury for us becomes a problem as sending Aurier risks a 2nd injury
None of our academy prospects at FB fill me with confidence. They are young, but still.

Good point.

We could even potentially see Georgiou on the bench. Quite incredible he's still here really, but Pochettino obviously likes him as he's given him a few squad appearances, gave him his Champions League debut and likes to keep him round the first team. He's 23 years old this season!

Good point.

We could even potentially see Georgiou on the bench. Quite incredible he's still here really, but Pochettino obviously likes him as he's given him a few squad appearances, gave him his Champions League debut and likes to keep him round the first team. He's 23 years old this season!
:pochshock2:

Back
Top Bottom