Villa H Sat 10 Aug 17:30 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're playing Villa, not Man City. I want open and attacking football tomorrow.

Maybe a 3-4-3 formation with Toby, Dave and Jan at the back. Need to encorporate Ndombele in from the start. Lo Celso off the bench.
It's nice to have to make choices rather than the team pick itself.

Agreed. a freshly promoted side, who weren't even the best side in the championship. We need to come out the blocks and absolutely fly at them. An early goal in the first 20 mins or so and we convincingly sweep them aside.

As a side note, I'm getting cunted tomorrow, been on best behaviour all summer as the missus has a bun in the over, but tomorrow, I'm going to be a dribbling mess. COYS!!!

Well this guy gets post of the thread

"Spurs go to 2 up after 15 mins, loads of smug fuckers as we start 'doing a Fulham', we pull 1 back before HT, awww cute little gallant Aston Villa making a game of it. We rattle in another 5 in the second half with no reply, their big screen goes blank from the shock of it as we make Spurs look like the side just promoted and out of their depth, "even your telly's shit" rings out from the away end.

Fuck 'em all, we're back."

:pochshock2:

7MfwWGn.jpg

Gazza, Sanchez, Tanganga, Skipp, Lamela, GKN, Parrott

or

F4gnPbm.jpg

Gazza, Sanchez, Tanganga, Winks, Skipp, GKN, Parrott

Why is there a bunch of kids with no top flight experience on both benches and no sign of GLC?
Is Son suspended? Thought he only got a one match suspension for Bournemouth which was served against Everton ?

As a side note, I'm getting cunted tomorrow, been on best behaviour all summer as the missus has a bun in the over, but tomorrow, I'm going to be a dribbling mess. COYS!!!

FLOL!
Did you go to the CL final at NWHL?
I was pretty pissed by the end of the evening and left when they shut.
There were people being sick in the toilets BEFORE kick off though lol.

Why is there a bunch of kids with no top flight experience on both benches and no sign of GLC?
Is Son suspended? Thought he only got a one match suspension for Bournemouth which was served against Everton ?
Son got a straight red so that's 3 match ban. So he has 2 matches left. Same for Foyth (who is injured as well).

This website lists players injured but it only repeats what the club have said. Poch will update when he does his press conference.

Son suspended.
Dele injured.
Foyth injured.
Sessegnon injured.
Davies injured.

And probably likely Dier, Wanyama and Aurier won't make the squad either.

Would be great to see some of our talented kids make up the bench.

This website lists players injured but it only repeats what the club have said. Poch will update when he does his press conference.
When I looked just now showed 8 out but just checked link worked and showing 3? Not sure if they have got official update.

I think we go with this:

----------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker-Peters Sanchez Vertonghen Rose
-----------Sissoko Winks Ndombele--------
---------------------Lamela-------------------
-------------------Lucas Kane---------------

My first thought is we’ll see this lineup as well.

Lucas and Lamela looked excellent in preseason. I know I know.

My other thought was does Poch go 5 at the back to get ready for City? Not because we’re overlooking Villa but because we can get it done

Happy with Eriksen starting to be honest. If he shows some bollocks and works hard, whether he plays well or not, the fans will back him.

Villa will be starting with a mish mash of new players, think they signed 15, whereas we will probably only start with ndombele as a new player, so I think we win comfortably due to our experience

Nice to have Villa back up, a proper famous club. Sick of playing the Bournemouth’s of this world to be honest

Son suspended.

I suspect Poch will want GLC to get training for a couple weeks before involving him.

That's usually his style.

3 at the back produces our most turgid football.

If you're after attack, that's 4231 for us.

Surely either formation depends on the players as much as the formation. Less defensive players in midfield = less defensive turgid football. That's why we have Ndombele hopefully, someone who can drive and pass forward with a but of precision. I like Winks, but we don't need 743 sideways passes at 89% accuracy against Villa, who will sit back.

Son got a straight red so that's 3 match ban. So he has 2 matches left. Same for Foyth (who is injured as well).

I forgot it was a straight red. Although it was pathetic it was even a red tbh. I thought 3 game bans were only for dangerous play? He pushed some one over, who went down easily and he was provoked.
Bet that wouldn't have happened to Lolerpool.

Son suspended.
Dele injured.
Foyth injured.
Sessegnon injured.
Davies injured.

And probably likely Dier, Wanyama and Aurier won't make the squad either.

Would be great to see some of our talented kids make up the bench.

And that's without a world cup. Yay.

Son suspended.

I suspect Poch will want GLC to get training for a couple weeks before involving him.

That's usually his style.

I reckon GLC will make the bench. He had a pre-season tournament with Argentina and trained for Betis, didn't he?

Poch will definitely not start GLC, and I doubt he will be on the bench. I can't think of one player he's signed since being here that he put straight in to the squad at the first opportunity.

I reckon Newcastle at the earliest unfortunately. Though I'm hoping for a last minute substitute winner from him up at the Emptyhad next week.
:tobyarm:

No chance Lo Celso makes the bench. Zero.

Paraded at half time or before the game with Sessegnon. That's about it

Back
Top Bottom