Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soldado was missing chances, testing keeper, Janssen first couple of games did this but last few games has struggled to even make a chance let alone test keeper, he has really struggled

Just a boy though, and let's see what a solid Poch summer can do for him

Soldado was missing chances, testing keeper, Janssen first couple of games did this but last few games has struggled to even make a chance work, he has really struggled

Agree mate. No point binning him off just yet. It's just a pity he's nowhere near being the back up for Kane. We still have a potential problem there.

Soldado was missing chances, testing keeper, Janssen first couple of games did this but last few games has struggled to even make a chance let alone test keeper, he has really struggled

Do you honestly think that Poch will give him a summer if he continues being this bad?

I think Poch will now stick with Sonny as the back up to Kane ( should Kane get injured) and Janssen will be sold at the end of the season.

He was always a fan of Rose. That's why he was the first person Poch spoke to when he became manager with Poch also telling Rose that he will be a regular starter for England if he adopted to Poch's style. It's not the same scenario.
I agree, it isn't, but I assume he's a fan of Vincent as well. It's down to a manager to get the best out of his signings. I'm not arguing with you - he looks awful.

He was always a fan of Rose. That's why he was the first person Poch spoke to when he became manager with Poch also telling Rose that he will be a regular starter for England if he adopted to Poch's style. It's not the same scenario.
We don't know for sure, but I too get a sense poch isn't really a fan of janssen.
I can see him trying to offload him in the summer. But I can't see anyone paying anywhere near 17m for him.

Personally I think he would be better off leaving to play & develop.
Rather than just playing when kane's injured or in the lesser cup games.

I agree, it isn't, but I assume he's a fan of Vincent as well. It's down to a manager to get the best out of his signings. I'm not arguing with you - he looks awful.
Well its come to light that Ian Bloomfield was behind the Janssen signing so I'm actually not even sure Poch is a fan to be totally honest. Poch clearly stated he liked and wanted Batshuyai but I just don't see Janssen as a Poch type player.

I said from the beginning that Batshuyai suits our style more and Janssen actually would suit Chelski's style a lot more (and now it looks like they will be signing Llorente who has similar attributes to Janssen).

Well its come to light that Ian Bloomfield was behind the Janssen signing so I'm actually not even sure Poch is a fan to be totally honest. Poch clearly stated he liked and wanted Batshuyai but I just don't see Janssen as a Poch type player.

I said from the beginning that Batshuyai suits our style more and Janssen actually would suit Chelski's style a lot more (and now it looks like they will be signing Llorente who has similar attributes to Janssen).
I didn't know that.

The only reason I have not given up is because on the pitch, I havent seen him squandering countless chances like Soldado did. I think this needs working on.....we need to get him into those areas more.

That's a good observation I think. He hasn't been shit when it comes to chances, he just hasn't had that many. Whether that is due to him or his team mates or luck is a different matter. Whether it is his fault or not I don't know, but it is very hard to score when you have your back to goal and he often does, seemingly because we face opposition who are on the defensive.

My personal view is that he is a genuine talent, he has buckets of ability, and I think he has the potential to be a top player. But he is clearly very low on confidence and the way we play does not suit him at all. He looked upset to be subbed today and didn't look happy when he was approaching Poch. That won't help his case. So unless he can become a different player - in a similar way to how Lamela did in his second season, then I think it won't work out for him now with us. He may need to move on to have a fresh start for a different team, and perhaps in a different league, more suited to him.

I very much want him to come good with us, to get a goal somehow, anyhow, and then for the pressure to peel away and him to relax and get lucky a second time soon after. Then we could have a different player.

Shows Poch is of weak character if that's the case. He is the boss, to think he could be persuaded to buy a player he didn't want is alarming or complete and utter bollocks. From what I have seen from our manager I know what I'm leaning towards.

Shows Poch is of weak character if that's the case. He is the boss, to think he could be persuaded to be a player he didn't want is alarming or complete and utter bollocks. From what I have seen from our manager I know what I'm leaning towards.
It doesn't show he is of weak character at all. It shows he's a trustworthy man that put faith in the scouting team and the DOF system. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and on this occasion it doesn't look like it worked.

Shows Poch is of weak character if that's the case. He is the boss, to think he could be persuaded to buy a player he didn't want is alarming or complete and utter bollocks. From what I have seen from our manager I know what I'm leaning towards.
Then you don't understand much about how organizations work.

It doesn't show he is of weak character at all. It shows he's a trustworthy man that put faith in the scouting team and the DOF system. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and on this occasion it doesn't look like it worked.
Buying a player that doesn't fit his system, he's not a Poch player, why the fuck would he do that??

I may have been projecting my own thoughts on to what I was seeing, but Janssen looked like a broken man when he got subbed today. There was a definite atmosphere of "Well this is me done at this club, then" about it.

I've been hugely supportive of him through-out the season and really wanted him to work out for us but it's just not happened again and again and again. There were games where our midfield seemed to be actively avoiding passing to him, which was maddening to watch, but now even when he gets the ball you just know nothing is going to come of it.

I think he'll move somewhere else and develop into a good player and this will be a blip in his career. We're going to end up losing a ton selling him on, though.

He has the most support for the least output, while Son has the least support for the most output on the team. Son scores once again for us and has the most shots on goal with few super saves from Jonhnston and yet gets no accolade. If Son did not score today, he would instead of gotten tons of grief no doubt while our Vinnie has not scored from open play in ages and yet "he will be fine" still lingers. Talk about double standards...

Back
Top Bottom