Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spanish window still open until this evening - surely we'll be trying to get a club for him over there? Can't imagine him staying and essentially being 3rd choice...
Injuries are bound to happen. If he's willing to learn and grind it might end up good for him. Also the pressure is off him now.

Granted regular playing time would obviously be to prefer.

Injuries are bound to happen. If he's willing to learn and grind it might end up good for him. Also the pressure is off him now.

Granted regular playing time would obviously be to prefer.

How is the pressure off him? He has 3 players ahead of him and is coming off the back of season where he scored 1 league goal from open play. He is highly unlikely see any game time, if he doesn't feel pressured by that then something is clearly wrong.

If he wants to stay, work hard and learn from Llorente, then fair play.

But he's going to get nearly zero game time.

If he wants to stay, work hard and learn from Llorente, then fair play.

But he's going to get nearly zero game time.

Would be just as well for him to play in the U23s and smash some goals in, rather than sit around on a downward slope.

I hope he blocks Llorente from taking the cursed #9 shirt anyway

Would be just as well for him to play in the U23s and smash some goals in, rather than sit around on a downward slope.

I hope he blocks Llorente from taking the cursed #9 shirt anyway
That is true. Vincent is young enough where he can play in the 23s.

Vincent Janssen to win us the Johnston paint trophy confirmed

Surprised he rejected the move, especially in a WC year, you'd think he'd want to be playing every week (tells you something about the strength of the Dutch squad maybe)

But I remember a certain Harry Kane rejecting another loan move when Poch came

Fair play to the lad if he believes in himself

Surprised he rejected the move, especially in a WC year, you'd think he'd want to be playing every week (tells you something about the strength of the Dutch squad maybe)

But I remember a certain Harry Kane rejecting another loan move when Poch came

Fair play to the lad if he believes in himself
Hopefully this is what Poch wants from the players too. Willingness to fight!
Wishing the lad good luck, he seems to be a genuinely honest man and a hard workin bloke. Hopefully would show Poch that he is the striker that we are looking for to push on multiple fronts as a club.

Must have come as a shock playing in France and then being told that he was surplus and could go to brighton. Not a lot of time to make his mind up. Other teams have 3 strikers and lets see how it pans out. If he does not get game time (was not getting a lot anyway) loan still an option in January.

Also worth remembering we didn't sign the feted winger many were calling for: this could lead to us playing with Kane in a more withdrawn role with Llorente leading the line in some games. It's then more of a possibility Poch will be comfortable bringing Janssen on for FL than for Kane as the drop off in quality and style is less severe.

Must have come as a shock playing in France and then being told that he was surplus and could go to brighton. Not a lot of time to make his mind up. Other teams have 3 strikers and lets see how it pans out. If he does not get game time (was not getting a lot anyway) loan still an option in January.

Exactly my thoughts, preparing for an important game for the Dutch team, the last day of the transfer window, and you are being told to agree with the Spurs who have found a buyer. Come on. A loan option would have been the best for him, he has to play and this will not happen in the Spurs team.

Why wasn't he picked for our champions league squad? I just don't get it, this all but confirms Poch has no trust in him. If Harry goes down we're relying on a 32 year old striker's fitness..

Why wasn't he picked for our champions league squad? I just don't get it, this all but confirms Poch has no trust in him. If Harry goes down we're relying on a 32 year old striker's fitness..
Because we don't have enough homegrown talent older than 21 to open up more slots for foreign talent

How is the pressure off him? He has 3 players ahead of him and is coming off the back of season where he scored 1 league goal from open play. He is highly unlikely see any game time, if he doesn't feel pressured by that then something is clearly wrong.
He will get game time, its in our interest to keep him fit and on side. Why would we allow him to rot away. I still feel we will see something of him this season and may surprise us all.

He will get game time, its in our interest to keep him fit and on side. Why would we allow him to rot away. I still feel we will see something of him this season and may surprise us all.

Game time when? He won't be getting any game time in the CL because he isn't included and he has Kane and Llorente ahead of him in the league . He couldn't even get past Son last season so what hope does he have now with Llorente here? His Spurs career is done which was pretty evident after the season had finished, I'm not quite sure why some still try cling onto the notion that he will be a success.

Back
Top Bottom