Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So pleased for him. He has had to wait a long time. I thought Son was going to have a greedy shot, it seemed to take ages for him to pass to Jenssen even though he was in a great position, but fair play he made the pass. I really still feel he has buckets of talent and huge potential. He has been unfortaunate because early on in the season we weren't playing great, we and he hadn't settled yet. It is always so much harder when you come on as a sub and have little time to get up to speed and also when you are inevitably replacing someone else who may have played well and be a provider but now they are off the pitch. He has a real opportunity now and I really hope he gets a little luck now. You just know the media are going to be saying "He still hasn't scored from open play in the premier league yet." Bastards.

Can we find a buyer realistically? I'd say our best bet is the dutch league but it would be at a loss.

27 goals in 34 games for AZ. 8 in 10 for Netherlands U21. 7 in 13 for Netherlands.

These are impressive numbers.

In 27 games for us he showed that he works very hard, he links up well and he gets into positions. It is known from the previously mentioned records that he can score.

All of the above before turning 23.

We would be able to find buyers. I am hopeful we won't try, though. He'll come good if given time and opportunities.

Thought so

So let's get behind him as his teammates clearly did when he scored from open play last season but I do believe a season's loan with a struggling PL side like Spam, Brighton or Newcastle would do him good
Agreed.

We as fans should always back our players to come good unless they do something against the club. I can understand turning on Rose after his interview, or say if a player gets in a fight with a fan out on the town. But players like Sissoko or Janssen who's main fault is underperforming in my mind should always be backed and supported. Their uphill struggle doesn't have to become even bigger by having the fans against him.

I'd start him in the cups and give him game time in the games before/after CL games so Kane gets to rest and possibly look at loaning him out in January so he can get enough game time before the WC

Last edited:
You will have a hard time convincing many on here that they aren't football experts.
If u go on the other threads. Some apparently are football, boxing & hip hop experts.
Some very talented people on here.
Show them the respect their ego's deserve!
ooh an expert on the subject of what people are experts on....

Every time I see a pic of him I can't help but see Ched Evens. :avbnaa:

o-CHED-EVANS-570.jpg
207015-1447854588.jpg
Exactly the same ears. :avbshit:

But not the same rapey* eyes, thankfully!!!

*Allegedly

What I love about both our signings so far is that they really wanted to play for Spurs and for the right reasons (believed in the philosophy and that it's a club where they can develop). Didn't sign for the money. Says a lot about them as players.

Back
Top Bottom