Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vincent's hold up play be like:
2363027-2126551_hulk.jpg

Hold up play in the first half was exceptional. Bullied their defence and brought others into play brilliantly.

Second half though, much like the whole team, he was poor. His hold up play just seemed to lead to fouls and once again, wasn't really doing much to threaten the goal.

We can't just keep praising him for hold up play though, he needs to do more. We may as well have just got John Hartson out of retirement, Mourinho said he was the best target man in the world.

His hold up play is top class. However, he is almost a no threat to goal. Most of his kicks look very weak. It has no power or much curl. He needs more time. He is still young. Keep training, you will get there one day Janssy

His hold up play is top class. However, he is almost a no threat to goal. Most of his kicks look very weak. It has no power or much curl. He needs more time. He is still young. Keep training, you will get there one day Janssy

I think his confidence must be quite low, hence he would rather pass then shoot, he has had a lot of pressure with Kane getting injured and stepping up when he is still getting to know the team, the league, the country and he is only 22!!! His goal mid week for his country was a sign of what is to come when he finds his feet with the club, if he gets 5+ goals this season I will be happy, just hope we all give him enough time training under poch where his potential can be discovered!

I can remember everyone writing off Berbatov because of a slow start..

He will come good but he needs to play his natural game and not be so desperate to score.. Once the first goes in then the rest will follow.

I think his confidence must be quite low, hence he would rather pass then shoot, he has had a lot of pressure with Kane getting injured and stepping up when he is still getting to know the team, the league, the country and he is only 22!!! His goal mid week for his country was a sign of what is to come when he finds his feet with the club, if he gets 5+ goals this season I will be happy, just hope we all give him enough time training under poch where his potential can be discovered!
What? You will be happy with a goal return of 5 despite him costing 20m? I know his young but jesus 5 goals in a whole season? We could have probably got a league 2 striker for a fraction of the coat that could get 5 goals in a whole season of football.

I can remember everyone writing off Berbatov because of a slow start..

He will come good but he needs to play his natural game and not be so desperate to score.. Once the first goes in then the rest will follow.
Agreed you can say that about berbatov. But you can also say that about Soldado. Either way, his hold up play is top shelf. Just needs to be more involved in the box and put himself in a better postion to score. Definitely Agreed that he has the skill set to come good for the club.

Berbatov is a good shout.

Scored 1 goal in his first 12 league games for us, hold up play was exceptional. At the moment though, I don't see Janssen scoring. At the beginning of the season, he was getting chances, come off the bench and had a shot saved expertly by Stekelenberg, he was getting in positions and was found. Since then, it's not happening. He isn't even getting INTO positions, when was the last time he was put through on goal or found himself with the just the goal and goalkeeper in front of him!?

I refuse to keep believing it's the supporting players who aren't FINDING him. It's the striker that's the problem.

How many people wrote son of after last season!
:sonlol:
Well, Son did score 2 goals Qar+ 1 against palace when he started, then injury occured. For Jans this is the golden opportunity (While Kane is injured) to make an impression to Poch. I believe he will eventually come around and become a great asset for us, but i think it will take time. Probably a year or two.

The big difference to Soldado and Berba is that they were bought as the finished article, Vinny was obviously brought in as a WIP, if Harry wasn't injured he wouldn't be starting.
Obviously it's good for him that he's starting all these matches, but I'd like to think Poch would have preferred this scenario much later in the season when he'd had more time to settle in, and more Poch coaching under his belt.

Great hold up play - LOL

Poor guy needs goals to build up his confidence. Berba was slow in the league but was excellent in Europe at the time and his class was apparent. Hope Jannsen finds the net asap

What? You will be happy with a goal return of 5 despite him costing 20m? I know his young but jesus 5 goals in a whole season? We could have probably got a league 2 striker for a fraction of the coat that could get 5 goals in a whole season of football.

Yeah, judging by the fact it's his first season, I am thinking long term here, granted we could have got another who could score more than this, but would they have the potential to become world class under Poch, I think people forget he is 22!!!! And poch is not just thinking about right now he is planning for the future, and so far I trust in his choice!
And 20 million? more like 17, unless we are talking euros of course????

Well last season he hasn't scored in eight matches for Alkmaar then he ripped defences apart. I think he needs more time to adapt to the league, I think he will come good.

Back
Top Bottom