Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh right. I assume you are an extremely positive and desirable individual. Don't worry though because I am more interested in your analysis on football matters.
No seriously, you are. All doom and gloom. Cheer up, mate. We're in the CL and have a pretty exciting team and a coach who knows what he's doing. Not too shabby from where I'm sitting.

Another transfer where we've settled for 2nd best - oh well, hope Poch can work his magic with this guy

I think that Batshuayi is going to be next on a long list of people we've seen come to the Prem in the past two years for an extremely inflated price. He's not great in the air, his hold up play is nonexistent and he doesn't defend.

Janssen looks to be more of a Pochettino style player anyway, so I think that ultimately (if he comes) he will work out to a better degree.

He's the cheap option mate. Typical Spurs signing. He's fat for a bloke that wants to be taken seriously as a PL forward, but If he was dating your sister I'd say he had a perfect physique.

we need to send on you on a diversity course Joe, you can go round calling people fat these days. however, thick set, bunter, blobby, beached whale are all acceptable.

It's true though. Historically speaking, strikers who lack the body of underwear models are lazy shits who can't produce.

images446817_Robeo_mocson7.jpg
tumblr_inline_mhcwai4UI21qz4rgp.jpg

Micky Quinn, goal machine.

Another transfer where we've settled for 2nd best - oh well, hope Poch can work his magic with this guy

I'm sorry but who is to say Janssen is second best? Pochettino personally went and watched him. Poch mentioned Batshuayi in an interview again suggesting he was a player we were interested in. However there has been no confirmed mentions of a bid. Hence the red tops not mentioning us when the Chavs signed him. It's only us on the forum and social media raging about them 'stealing' another of our targets.

Let's wait and see how both perform in the league before we talk about second best. Batshuayi whilst seemingly wanting guaranteed football and CL, has taken the massive payday instead. He'll probably not displace Costa as the main striker and end up like Lukaku, Remy and all those other 'back up' strikers that go to the Chavs.

Are we also forgetting that Janssen is more than likely plan b for when Kane is not playing.

I'm sorry but who is to say Janssen is second best? Pochettino personally went and watched him. Poch mentioned Batshuayi in an interview again suggesting he was a player we were interested in. However there has been no confirmed mentions of a bid. Hence the red tops not mentioning us when the Chavs signed him. It's only us on the forum and social media raging about them 'stealing' another of our targets.

Let's wait and see how both perform in the league before we talk about second best. Batshuayi whilst seemingly wanting guaranteed football and CL, has taken the massive payday instead. He'll probably not displace Costa as the main striker and end up like Lukaku, Remy and all those other 'back up' strikers that go to the Chavs.

Are we also forgetting that Janssen is more than likely plan b for when Kane is not playing.

There's a new manager in Chelsea. One who prefers 3-5-2. There might be room for Bats.

I know nothing about either of them other than what has been written in the press. The only time I have seen them play is when Batshuayi's got a 5 min cameo for Belgium the other night and Janssen against England. I am in no position to say who is the better but looking at their stats and respective highlight clips they both look decent "prospects". Based only on the clips (Dennis Wise will be proud of me) I am inclined to favour Janssen, for the sole reason he looks to have more about his overall game as he looks to hold the ball up well, drop deep or pull out wide and draw defenders out of position, basically appears to have more variety and intelligence. In cold hard black and white stats he is also the better player with a better goal scoring ratio, which for a striker I kind of think that is what it's all about, in fact his goals per game ratio smashes (twice as good!!) Batshuayi's if you look at last year in isolation, 0.79 goals per game against 0.41.

With little evidence to support it, it might appear Batshuayi is quicker and might be able to press in a style similar to Poch having played under Bielsa, but pressing isn't a skill, it can be learnt.

If someone can shed more light on why Batshuayi is the better option I'm all ears. I'm not having a pop mate just interested how you have come to this view point. If of course you watch them both play for their clubs week in week out then your assessment is well worth a listen to and will hold far better weight than my ramblings.

Janssen / Batshuayi
Age 22 / 22
Hight 5.11 / 5.11
Games 103 / 159
Goals 56 / 65
Goals PG 0.54 / 0.40
International 5 / 6
Int. Goals 3 / 3
Int. Goals PG 0.6 / 0.5

At the end of the day it'll be up to Pochettino and the coaches to get the best from whoever they sign. I don't see how getting someone cheap is considered second best? Look at Soldado £25m+ and he still never really fired for us. Kane cost nothing and now arguably a player we cannot drop. If Pochettino thinks Janssen is that player then I am happy for him to create another top player for us.

If someone can shed more light on why Batshuayi is the better option I'm all ears. I'm not having a pop mate just interested how you have come to this view point. If of course you watch them both play for their clubs week in week out then your assessment is well worth a listen to and will hold far better weight than my ramblings.
As someone who watched his 5 min cameo intensively the other night and skipped through numerous youtube highlight videos, I can assure you he's much, much better - any players from Belgium are currently hot prospects, so should be preferred over any other nationality. This theory has the odd exception (Mignolet) but as a general rule the more Belgians the better.

The other factor is he wants a higher wage and will cost a lot more money, and we all know that bigger transfer fee x higher wages = better player. Again, the odd exceptions (Adebayor, Paulinho) but we haven't had many of those over the years.

For what it's worth I'd rather Janssen.

As someone who watched his 5 min cameo intensively the other night and skipped through numerous youtube highlight videos, I can assure you he's much, much better - any players from Belgium are currently hot prospects, so should be preferred over any other nationality. This theory has the odd exception (Mignolet) but as a general rule the more Belgians the better.

The other factor is he wants a higher wage and will cost a lot more money, and we all know that bigger transfer fee x higher wages = better player. Again, the odd exceptions (Adebayor, Paulinho) but we haven't had many of those over the years.

For what it's worth I'd rather Janssen.

Surely we should be signing Welsh players they got the better of the Belgies and made Toby look a bit two bob.

:troll:

Actually we need to sign ex-Woolwich youth prospect Robson-Kanu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom