Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The people that are continuously going on about how he needs to keep playing in order to gain experience and play himself into form are completley forgetting how that tactic didnt work at all with Soldado. Janssen hasnt shown anything to suggest he will start scoring anytime soon so we need to play the best options to us until Kane comes back and that is Son up top.

Theres only so many times people can say "oh but he has great hold up play" to excuse the lack of goals (or even goal threat).

'Dimi' was still a lazy cunt. Janssen works his socks off
That's quite the statement...Dimi was a match winner. And made everything look much easier than Janssen. My only gripe is that he had his head turned & behaved petulantly to get his move but nothing out of the ordinary there in the modern game. Janssen has a very long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as Berbatov.
I think Janssen will be fine. He's a hard worker & his time will come but it really is like comparing a scalpel with a machete IMO.

'Dimi' was still a lazy cunt. Janssen works his socks off
Unfortunately, working your socks off doesn't win you games (as yesterday showed) being a lazy cunt and scoring winning goals tends to... that's the way of the world!

Don't get me wrong, I wish we could've boasted a first team squad with Bale, Modric and Berbatov in it, to compliment the likes of Lloris, Jan, Toby, Walker, Rose, Dier, Dembele, Dele, Kane... but unfortunately, the first three had their heads turned... and we weren't in a position (at the time) to do anything about it!

Not making a comparison as such. Berbatov was a far superior player, no doubt. But he was still a cunt. I hate players like that. Bale, Sheringham etc wanted to play for 'bigger' clubs as well but they left graciously and gave their all while they were with us. Players like Berbatov can do one.

Are people still stupid enough to be questioning a 22 year old foreigner in his first few months in this league? Seriously?

Whether he has it or not, we'all not find out for a good while yet.

I see Alot of potential in him. His hold up play was excellent. So was Soldado's but I really feel he was ruined with injury and being played out of position that it affected his confidence when he was played in his right position.
Sadly I see the same desperation in Vincent ' s face. The skill is there and the hold up play is world class but he is not creating too much for himself and the very little chances he got he kicked under the ball. I really hope he comes good because confidence is shot

Loved Berbatov. Nice to be reminded of the cunt.

Confidence is everything, it'all come - he's a young lad in the right place. I'll be giving him more of a chance.
Spot on. Everyone loved Berbatov until he decided Spurs weren't good enough for his ambitions. And sulked like a twat to get his move. He was a class act on the pitch. It's a shame he wasn't a mainstay in the precursor to the current squad. Nobody seems to want to fuck off asap these days.

Janssen is playing like a bulldozer and I like that. It helps in our system. He is a new lad & doesn't hide away.

I think he will become more than just a bulldozer.

When he starts adding goals to his all round contribution, I think we have the gem we hope for. He won't ever be a Berbatov though. One was pure brain, the other is nearly all brawn at present. Be patient is what I reckon. Cos I think Poch knows his shit.

How many players recently have started their Spurs careers slowly and come good in the end?

Bale, Lamela, Son, Kane, Rose just to name a few. Nowhere near enough time to judge him yet
I agree. Bale was considered a jinx but look at him now. He is not getting the scoring opportunities but is making them for others. When he has had chances he has missed them but give him more time. I would not overplay him to keep him fresh and leave him out against Bayer but he should be back against Bournemouth. We need to use the squad including him and iF Kane is on his way back then his chances will be reduced. I do hope he scores soon.

Lot of love for Berbatov I see. For all his class he's not a player Poch would buy precisely because of his attitude. Adebayor was class on the pitch for a few months under Redknapp. Don't seem to see any love lost for him. Lazy sulky prima donnas.

To be honest I don't want to be reminded of those dark days when we had players who were just interested in their paychecks and using us as a stepping stone.

They dont play for free, but still act and play to the best of their abilities every single game. Poch would sub them off in the first 20min if any of them looked like Adebayor or Berbatov looked in some games.
It's a different system - doesn't mean it is any less wrong or right

I rather have a Berbatov than a Jannsen 10/10 days

Back
Top Bottom