Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this goes through I hope he has a good year with them and comes back with a lot of confidence next year. I do think all he needs is regular game time, and if he can get that on loan that might be for the best so he can come back next year a better player

If this goes through I hope he has a good year with them and comes back with a lot of confidence next year. I do think all he needs is regular game time, and if he can get that on loan that might be for the best so he can come back next year a better player

I doubt he'll be coming back to us. You never know, but I've seen enough to see that unless he really works hard his weak areas whilst he's away. He won't be a Tottenham player again anytime soon.

I wish him luck and hope he cracks it as I'd love to see him make it with us but when you compare him to strikers we've had such as Klinsmann, Sheringham, Berbatov (even Keane and Defoe) he really doesn't cut it. A shame really

giphy.gif

I really like VJ and, like you, I really hope he has a good, confidence-building year with Fenerbahce. But, even if he does, I think that's it for him as far as we're concerned. Having been the Eredivisie's top scorer with AZ, what could he possibly do at Fenerbahce to change the way he's perceived by Poch?

I really like VJ and, like you, I really hope he has a good, confidence-building year with Fenerbahce. But, even if he does, I think that's it for him as far as we're concerned. Having been the Eredivisie's top scorer with AZ, what could he possibly do at Fenerbahce to change the way he's perceived by Poch?
I just don't see a need to discuss him as a former Spurs player as long as he is still under contract with us. Once he is sold that is a completely different matter. As long as he is one of us he should have our support (and afterwards as well). To sit around and call him shit or make up derigatory nicknames for him is not what a supporter should be doing.

Vincent Janssen has done nothing to deserve the moniker of shit, but football punditry and support seems to exist in a black and white world where you are either fantastic or shit. No inbetween. This video sums it up perfectly.

To sit around and make up nicknames lik "nogoaldado" for Soldado (this is not a callout of you Dawson, it was just a perfect example) or sarcasticlally sing "he scores when he wants" for Vincent is not being a supporter, not of Tottenham or any club. It pisses me off that it is a thing and even more that it in some circles is encouraged.

Or maybe I'm just more of a humanist than other supporters.

He'd have to score 35+ goals and completely transform how he plays his football at present for Pochettino to see this as a move for his continued development with us. Something I've noticed with Janssen is how he passes the ball onto a teammate and then stands to see what happens next. Vincent needs to constantly be on the move into areas of genuine opportunity and threat around the box. Far too many times last year he took the easy way out, played back to goal and shielded the ball. Maybe he didn't suit our style of play but I didn't see anywhere near what I think he's capable of and haven't since he joined. I want to see him bossing defenders, not changing how he plays because he's worried they'll get the better of him.

He won't be coming back unless he really transforms into a different type of player

I'm still gutted he didn't get the Brighton loan move. Then we could see if he can really be a Premier League level striker if given game time. Would have been more useful as a way of seeing if he could cut it for us in the future.

As a both Fenerbahce and Tottenham fan , I am sorry for him.He will work with a bad coach called ''Aykut Kocaman''.Kocaman will probably choose Soldado over Jansenn.I will try to keep you updated from Turkey about Jansenn.
Sorry for my bad English.

Back
Top Bottom