Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That'd make sense, right? Verts and Paulie have been playing a lot, and it's a good chance to take one more step in the bedding-in process for Vlad, Lamela, and Chadli, while helping get Sandro back to match fitness. :thumbup:

yes! Chiriches start in defense today v. Anzhi (Europa League)
Our line-up tonight - Lloris; -Walker, Chiriches, Kaboul, Fryers; -Dembele, Sandro;- Lamela, Holtby, Chadli; -Defoe.
Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Sigurdsson, Soldado, Kane, Eriksen

in the studio Digi sport 1 channel (Romania) is his ex-boss from Steaua,Mihai Stoica (commentator for this match),looking emotional to see his ex-player of his...on TV,playing for Tottenham today.

Last edited:
Europa League,week 2,somwhere in a cold Russia,and an awful pitch very wet
Anzhi-Tottenham 0-2 (0-2)
0-1: Defoe (34) =Holtby Assist
0-2: Chadli (39)=Walker Assist
about Vlad Chiriches,today played all 90 minutes, well,his second game in Tottenham t-shirt,without huge mistakes,played simple passes,some good tackles ,70 minutes like RCB ,the last 20 minutes like LCB (after Kaboul gets injury min 70)..the game was played in a slow tempo,that's because Anzhi is not a threat anymore like he was last season,losing some good players,when Eto'o played for them...
from a scale 1 to 10 ,here my ratings today
------------------------Lloris (7,5)
Walker (7,5)--------Kaboul (7)-------Chiriches (7,5)------Fryers (7)
Sandro (6,5)-----Dembele (7)
Lamela (7)---------Holtby (8)------------Chadli (8)
Defoe (7,5)
Holtby played well,good vision with his passes,probably the player of the match (for me) also Chiriches start to be more comfident,with every game in his feet...
Substitutions:
min.70 Dawson (7) for Kaboul
min.72 Sigurdsson (6,5) for Lamela
min.78 Eriksen (6,5) for for Holtby

Last edited:
Chiriches in action vs.Anzhi
a761.jpg

i like that,statistics said he wrong just 6 passes from total of 68 (89% accuracy),won 8 duels from 9 with his opponents,and 10 good tackles) but let's be serious,because obviously,steaua fans (romanians) enter in that site and voted with "patriotic feelings" in hell with Chiriches! so ,for me this poll below is close more on truth,about me,i will give to him credits,good rating when he played well,but i don't voted "man of the match" to not be "subjective",until he score 2 goals in a game vs.Arse,Chelsea or Man.Utd,and when he making players like vanPersie,Torres or Ozil to cry like babies,just then i will vote him "the man of the match":

Anji vs Tottenham: Who is your Man of the Match?

• Lewis Holtby (30%, 121 Votes)
  • Vlad Chiriches (24%, 96 Votes)
  • Mousa Dembele (20%, 80 Votes)
  • Hugo Lloris (6%, 23 Votes)
  • Kyle Walker (4%, 17 Votes)
  • Jermain Defoe (4%, 15 Votes)
  • Sandro (3%, 13 Votes)
  • Erik Lamela (3%, 11 Votes)
  • Nacer Chadli (3%, 11 Votes)
  • Zeki Fryers (1%, 6 Votes)
  • Younes Kaboul (1%, 6 Votes)
  • Christian Eriksen (1%, 4 Votes)
  • Gylfi Sigurdsson (0%, 2 Votes)
  • Michael Dawson (0%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 407

Last edited:
I was really really impressed with Vlad.
I loved how he jukes and dribbles players. He was a little shaky in the very early twilight of the game, but the reason why we bought was shown more and often as he game progressed.

I guess, this comment from a Romanian analysts pretty much sums my thoughts ...
"Yes, I repeatedly expressed my concerns about his aerial ability," Baicu said. "There's also a lack of strength and these two weaknesses can only be masked by his intelligence."

However, there was this one time in the game that he DID win a header against Traore.

BTW, doesn't Vlad kinda look like Dawson?
Maybe ... he's the love child of Verts and Daws (ability and looks). :dawsonlol:

He looked a bit jittery in the opening few minutes to me. Clumsy on the ball and prone to error, but he did settle down quite nicely in the end.

He is very pro-active in wanting the ball and looks ridiculously smooth/fearless on it after finding his rhythm, it's just a little terrifying sometimes to see him dribbling in our own half :eek:

The increasingly confident Tottenham boss also slapped down Vlad Chiriches' agent Victor Becali, who claimed the Romanian defender - only signed five weeks ago - will move to Chelsea if he is successful at White Hart Lane.

“Obviously, the comments are completely disproportionate and out of reality,” he said.

“I have spoken to the player, told the player to speak to his agent, and we have acted accordingly. We consider ourselves a big club - we’re not a stepping stone to anybody.”

The increasingly confident Tottenham boss also slapped down Vlad Chiriches' agent Victor Becali, who claimed the Romanian defender - only signed five weeks ago - will move to Chelsea if he is successful at White Hart Lane.

“Obviously, the comments are completely disproportionate and out of reality,” he said.

“I have spoken to the player, told the player to speak to his agent, and we have acted accordingly. We consider ourselves a big club - we’re not a stepping stone to anybody.”
This mothafocka. Completely unacceptable Chiriches needs to step up immediately and clean his pos agent mess up ASAP

Back
Top Bottom