Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He looked a bit jittery in the opening few minutes to me. Clumsy on the ball and prone to error, but he did settle down quite nicely in the end.
he need some 3 or 4 games more to play in his feet ,and after when he "feel" much better his new team mates,(you know that ,new faces,new players,a little hard in the beginning) will start to enjoy his playing,until now he have just 2 weeks from when arrived his work permit ,and played already 2 games (1 in the League Cup,and 1 in Europa League and played well overall) ,i expect to do that in maximum another 2-3 weeks,then he is ready to play even in Premier League without problems...

Last edited:
He looked a bit jittery in the opening few minutes to me. Clumsy on the ball and prone to error, but he did settle down quite nicely in the end.
anyway ,he resolve well in the min.6 when 3 russians players tryed to steal his ball without success,keeping the ball on his feet,and in the min.8 when he sent the ball in the corner,after a perfect tackle in the penalty area...then after these threats he played without any mistake until the game finished,one of the best 3-4 players in that game on the pitch (Holtby,Walker,Chiriches,Chadli)

thought he was shaky to start, did OK by end of the game. But the pace of that game was pedestrian compared to a typical EPL game, he won't be allowed time on the ball in the same way. However the only way he and all the other new players will get used to this, will be to get actual playing time. Bit of a "chicken and egg" situation - do we tinker around with a settled side to give these players playing time and risk dropping valuable points? In AVB, we have to trust.
With regards to his agent - Vlad should just sack him to show he means business - I expect nothing less after those outrageous remarks!!!

thought he was shaky to start, did OK by end of the game. But the pace of that game was pedestrian compared to a typical EPL game, he won't be allowed time on the ball in the same way. However the only way he and all the other new players will get used to this, will be to get actual playing time. Bit of a "chicken and egg" situation - do we tinker around with a settled side to give these players playing time and risk dropping valuable points? In AVB, we have to trust.
With regards to his agent - Vlad should just sack him to show he means business - I expect nothing less after those outrageous remarks!!!
Ask every agent of football players ,and every one of them like any trader wants his "goods" to be sold at Real Madrid,Barcelona,AC Milan,Bayern or Man.Utd etc probably his agent (Victor Becali) don't accept that his player to be a reserve probably at Tottenham so the agent put pressure on AVB to use him much more ,because Chiriches is,in the present, captain at his national team...for me is just a storm in the glass with water,where some media press amplified too much...just declarations,anyway good for the media press ratings...and rivals of Tottenham speculate these declarations made by his agent...a very influent person in romanian football (many players from the romanian league are his players under the contract in high percentage) and what angry me about this agent ,are some voices (rumours) that said ,from 9,5 millions euro what was transfer of Chiriches from Steaua ,just 8,5 millions EUR enter in the club finances, i wonder myself, where is the rest of 1 million EUR,in what pockets enter this amount of money ?!or how was the commission of his agent in this deal Steaua-Tottenham? o_O

Last edited:
Chiriches costs too much in fantasy premier league. Kaboul and Dawson are better value.

That's all I know.

@ zin zin virtual football doesn't have to do with the real life,maybe it is like if you said,but Chiriches is near them like value,and much younger than them (he have 23 years old) Kaboul (27) and Vertonghen (26) he represent the future of Tottenham (depend on more things,luck,settling,friends) football skils he have a lot and he's in progress with every month has passed...he grow well in fit,soon will play with his team mates in defense in Premier League,i think he will need a little time for him to settle (another 2 or 3 weeks)

here statistics Vlad Chiriches v. Anzhi (passes completed)- green (good ones) red (wrong ones) he wrong just 4 passes from 67(total) an his accuracy was 94%
e8e0.png

Last edited:
an user from net commenting about Chiriches game vs.Anzhi:

boon4_crop_45x45.JPG
Yik Boon Tan posted about 21 hours ago Contributor I
Kaboul for instance last night under pressure would often turn and pass back to Lloris, even when he was facing forwards initially. This constant back passing doesn't give composure to Spurs' backline, in fact somewhat inviting unnecessary pressure from opposition. In Chiriches' case, there was more than one instance where he was pressured from behind, facing own goal, but turned around and glided passed the incoming opposition player like he wasn't there. That tells you how comfortable with the ball he is. Comfortable possession from the back is the foundation of AVB's style, so in that respect Chiriches is the right man for Spurs.

One common tactic opposition uses versus Spurs, is to have one forward sit close to Vertonghen and leave Dawson free to walk out of defense to build play. Dawson isn't the most comfortable with the ball - statistically his passing from the back has not been the best, losing possession early into build-up play unnecessarily at times. Dawson isn't outright bad, but the odd mistakes Chiriches have from time to time are still nothing compared to the quantity that Dawson does. With Chiriches and Vertonghen together, this tactic is rendered obsolete. Chiriches' going to fit the team well, but I might have second thoughts including him versus aerially strong teams, or facing a direct opponent with aerial prowess..."

an user from net commenting about Chiriches game vs.Anzhi:

boon4_crop_45x45.JPG
Yik Boon Tan posted about 21 hours ago Contributor I
Kaboul for instance last night under pressure would often turn and pass back to Lloris, even when he was facing forwards initially. This constant back passing doesn't give composure to Spurs' backline, in fact somewhat inviting unnecessary pressure from opposition. In Chiriches' case, there was more than one instance where he was pressured from behind, facing own goal, but turned around and glided passed the incoming opposition player like he wasn't there. That tells you how comfortable with the ball he is. Comfortable possession from the back is the foundation of AVB's style, so in that respect Chiriches is the right man for Spurs.

One common tactic opposition uses versus Spurs, is to have one forward sit close to Vertonghen and leave Dawson free to walk out of defense to build play. Dawson isn't the most comfortable with the ball - statistically his passing from the back has not been the best, losing possession early into build-up play unnecessarily at times. Dawson isn't outright bad, but the odd mistakes Chiriches have from time to time are still nothing compared to the quantity that Dawson does. With Chiriches and Vertonghen together, this tactic is rendered obsolete. Chiriches' going to fit the team well, but I might have second thoughts including him versus aerially strong teams, or facing a direct opponent with aerial prowess..."

Is it racist that I value his opinion highly solely because he is asian?

@ HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains
i think he's a coach or an expert in football,his comment was awesome in details anyway...yes, Chiriches most build more in "aerial abilities" his real weakness,but have a lot of other skils masking brilliant with intelligence and possession of the ball on his feet (you steal his ball just making a fault on him) ,and he is like "Vertonghen 2.0" (second edition) but much younger (23 years old) while Vertonghen have 26 years old,yes,he's "Vertonghen of Romania" i believe so...

I ran into Vlad at the O2, tonight. Asked him whether he knew Dan D, but he just seemed a bit confused, so I settled for a picture and wished him luck at Spurs.

Last edited:
I ran into Vlad at the O2, tonight. Asked him whether he knew Dan D, but he just seemed a bit confused, so I settled for a picture and wished him luck at Spurs.

Out of curiosity, how does his English seem? I heard that Paulinho knew English too, which really surprised me! :p

Out of curiosity, how does his English seem? I heard that Paulinho knew English too, which really surprised me! :p

Yup, it's very decent. He came across as a really nice guy, although very shy - he seemed genuinely amazed that I knew his name.

Last edited:
@ Nuno hey,man! i'm just a fan ,obviously he don't know me,i'm one dude from his 7 millions fans (steaua his ex-team) ,don't ask him such silly questions ...:p

Back
Top Bottom