Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This appears to be a fantastic pick up. Having 5 CB's currently doesn't worry me. I can't really see Vlad getting time in the midfield because of how many midfielders we do have. According to Fifa Vlad is a righty (can that be verified by someone, please) and by written accounts of Vlad he seems to be very attacking and have great pace. Hopefully this means that he will fill in at CB while Kaboul and Vert are injured, and be a backup for Walker at RB. I hope this move signifies that Naughton will move on. Vlad can get time playing throughout the back line where ever needed. Kaboul will be turning 28 in January, and Dawson 30 in November. I think that this season will be the last for one of the two, probably Kaboul.

This appears to be a fantastic pick up. Having 5 CB's currently doesn't worry me. I can't really see Vlad getting time in the midfield because of how many midfielders we do have. According to Fifa Vlad is a righty (can that be verified by someone, please) and by written accounts of Vlad he seems to be very attacking and have great pace. Hopefully this means that he will fill in at CB while Kaboul and Vert are injured, and be a backup for Walker at RB. I hope this move signifies that Naughton will move on. Vlad can get time playing throughout the back line where ever needed. Kaboul will be turning 28 in January, and Dawson 30 in November. I think that this season will be the last for one of the two, probably Kaboul.
Kaboul is probably out best centre back?

To be fair - never heard of him - although seeing that Jedvaj never materialised - I think that would be a good investment, bearing in mind Kaboul's fitness is still very much an unknown and we cannot rely on Caulker to cover both CBs over the entire season.

Good move if true

I doubt we'd be letting him go without a replacement lined up, Caulker needs to be playing every week to improve. That won't happen at Spurs, I'd imagine we'd have first refusal if he does well at Cardiff.
I don't subscribe to this train of thought - essentially we are selling a youth product / investment of many years because we cannot develop him further due to lack of games - only to spend millions on some journeyman who 'might be' and improvement in the long run. How many games would he get btw? That 10m can be the difference between Soldado and Fraizer Campbell this summer - yet we are bust adding a 7th CB.

Why not keep Caulker, give him more games, give him another season, build his confidence save the money and reinvest in other greater areas of concerns

Oh, but wait - this fella might double his fee in 2 season when we sell him to Utd . . . Damn you Champions League

Caulker played half the games in the league last season and likely to start the first game this season so seems odd that he would want to leave?

I don't subscribe to this train of thought - essentially we are selling a youth product / investment of many years because we cannot develop him further due to lack of games - only to spend millions on some journeyman who 'might be' and improvement in the long run. How many games would he get btw? That 10m can be the difference between Soldado and Fraizer Campbell this summer - yet we are bust adding a 7th CB.

Why not keep Caulker, give him more games, give him another season, build his confidence save the money and reinvest in other greater areas of concerns

Oh, but wait - this fella might double his fee in 2 season when we sell him to Utd . . . Damn you Champions League
We shouldn't give him games out of charity though, I think he'd get his share of games next season. However, in terms of development he probably feels he should play every week.

Is another season long loan out of the question for him or is that kinda pointless. I guess he either wants to earn his starting stop at Spurs or go get it somewhere else.

I've answered my own question, cheers.

I don't even know that he wants to leave, just that Cardiff want him. This is stupid.

Caulker played half the games in the league last season and likely to start the first game this season so seems odd that he would want to leave?

No no NO! You still don't get it.. You're forgetting we're in the age of media/Twatter bullshit spoon feeding us our information.... Don't you remember the rules...? One in ALWAYS means one out!

It's the same naive, immature logic that brought you the seemingly simplistic, convenient 'player+cash transfer deals' that hardly EVER materialise!

Back
Top Bottom