Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Making him on Fifa13 now

Kaboul might be ready for the start of the season, like Sandro and there is no way he is are 5th best cb, prior to injury he was ahead of Dawson in the pecking order and was better then Ledley in 11/12
That's your opinion, it's not mine. Currently Dawson is our best defender and I don't expect to see either Kaboul or Sandro start v Palace.

It's true that last season AVB got it completely wrong and decided to bin Dawson, a massive mistake but fortunately he saw the error of his ways, though too late to stop us dropping crucial points that eventually cost us CL(along with other mistakes and appalling refs, etc).

I checked the stats, and in the first 12 games when Daws didn't start, we averaged about 1.4 pts per game, whereas in the games thereafter when Daws started we averaged over 2 pts per game. Over the season, if extrapolated, it translated to a difference of 27 points, 53 points from the first 12 Dawless games, to 80 when he started.

That's how wrong AVB got it, and how wrong the Dawson doubters get it still.

Of course other factors are involved, AVB's other huge mistake in freezing out Hugo for Brad being one of them.

I notice incidentally Caulker seems set for Cardiff according to some 'strong ITK'.

I think Daws and Vlad may well be the two that start v Palace, but that isn't a prediction from me, more a kind of wish, with JV at LB. Though I doubt that Jan will start v Palace either.

Last edited:
That's your opinion, it's not mine. Currently Dawson is our best defender and I don't expect to see either Kaboul or Sandro start v Palace.

I notice incidentally Caulker seems set for Cardiff according to some 'strong ITK'. I think Daws and Vlad may well be the two that start v Palace, but that isn't a prediction from me, more a kind of wish, with JV at LB. Though I doubt that Jan will start v Palace either.
I think its more likely we'll see Kaboul against Palace then Jan, do you rate Dawson above Jan then?

I think its more likely we'll see Kaboul against Palace then Jan, do you rate Dawson above Jan then?
As a defender in the Prem , yes. For me the first defender on the team sheet is Daws, our captain and leader. If we get Vlad I wouldn't mid JV playing LB some times. JV is clearly a better footballer than Daws, but is fragile defensively too often, and lacks the aerial presence of Daws, which is imperative for at least one CB in a Prem team.

As a defender in the Prem , yes. For me the first defender on the team sheet is Daws, our captain and leader. If we get Vlad I wouldn't mid JV playing LB some times. JV is clearly a better footballer than Daws, but is fragile defensively too often, and lacks the aerial presence of Daws, which is imperative for at least one CB in a Prem team.
I concur, although I feel Kaboul, actually I see your argument, you have changed my view

I think we will see different selection depending on the team we face ( and injuries / availability of course). Each of our CBs have different attributes, strengths and weaknesses to offer. Overall our best Defender is clearly Jan.

Cheers for last two posts. All I actually want is for Daws to be given some respect by Spurs fans. Of course some have it, but so many, particularly on other forums, seem to think it's a good idea to attack him, and completely ignore him compared to their beloved Jan and Kab. Two players incidentally that I like and rate (when fit, etc)

Still disagree that Jan is our best defender though, but can easily see why others think that, I don't have a problem with that view at all.

Probably, but those rules are so massively and needlessly complicated you can never tell. Maybe because it was an early round qualifier it wouldn't matter.

Although the good news is that he played 90mins last night, looks like he's well on the way to match fitness already for the new season, which is more than can be said for the rest of our centre backs

:coys:

Bucharest director: "Chiriches has been informed that he's staying put until winter." Via @rbaicu. #THFC

FC Steaua Strato ‏@FCSteauaStrato 14m
Finalmente Chiriches se quedará en el Steaua hasta Enero. Después no se sabe lo que pasará.

Finally Chiriches Steaua will stay on until January. Then you do not know what will happen.

FC Steaua Strato ‏@FCSteauaStrato 17m
#ÚLTIMAHORA Chiriches NO se va al Tottenham. Se quedará hasta el mercado de invierno.

# ÚLTIMAHORA Chiriches NOT going to Tottenham. He will stay until the winter.

Back
Top Bottom